By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Xenoblade thread- Opinions, thoughts and questions inside! Can it hit 1mil in sales next year? Sequel coming for Wii U???

What is the best 'major' area in the game?

Colony 9 39 12.34%

Bionis' Leg 83 26.27%

The Marsh 20 6.33%

The Forest 17 5.38%

The Sea 24 7.59%

The Mountain 13 4.11%

The Valley 5 1.58%

Fallen Arm 22 6.96%

The Field of Metal 9 2.85%

See results! 73 23.10%

Total:305
Mr Khan said:
UM's in this game are so wild. Tyrea and her Telethia in the tomb? No problem. Giant bird UM (looks kind of like a LotR Nazgul) and its hair-pulling time again, though this time the problem was the annoying bird seemed to have a strong tendency to summon aid, and divided attention was a sure loss...

Very true. But the main boss fights are, generally, much easier than the UM's. The only things you gain are an Affinity Coin and a gold chest, so it's up to you really. I like that Tyrea fight.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:
Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:

Not as much of a problem as you think. There's just a gang of cheap-ass, punkfucking lizards guarding the transportation worker by the Ether Crystal Deposit at Eryth Sea, and i couldn't imagine anyone not having trouble with them. Telethia was no issue when i was leveled properly, most bosses or challenges have been easy to "tough but doable," it's only that pigfucker Xord and those goddamned bumfucking lizards that really stopped me in my tracks (so far. I'm sure i'll have loads of fun with Lorithia). You can't do shit when they arts-seal and then bind after that, as they just dance out of range so you can't even build up the main talent guage or auto-attack at all, and every single one of them is capable of killing you because of that, so it doesn't matter if you eliminate one or two, heal and try again, the others can all kill you, individually. No, there's no call for enemies to be able to do that, that's cheap-ass horseshit, and it has diminished my enjoyment of the game.

Ah yes, I remember. Never had any issues because I played as Riki and just killed them before they had a chance really.

Lorithia is many, many, many hours away.

Lorthia....

Who was that again?

Towards the end? Telethia? Kallian? Heart? Nebulae?

Conegamer said:
AndrewWK said:
Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:

Not as much of a problem as you think. There's just a gang of cheap-ass, punkfucking lizards guarding the transportation worker by the Ether Crystal Deposit at Eryth Sea, and i couldn't imagine anyone not having trouble with them. Telethia was no issue when i was leveled properly, most bosses or challenges have been easy to "tough but doable," it's only that pigfucker Xord and those goddamned bumfucking lizards that really stopped me in my tracks (so far. I'm sure i'll have loads of fun with Lorithia). You can't do shit when they arts-seal and then bind after that, as they just dance out of range so you can't even build up the main talent guage or auto-attack at all, and every single one of them is capable of killing you because of that, so it doesn't matter if you eliminate one or two, heal and try again, the others can all kill you, individually. No, there's no call for enemies to be able to do that, that's cheap-ass horseshit, and it has diminished my enjoyment of the game.

Ah yes, I remember. Never had any issues because I played as Riki and just killed them before they had a chance really.

Lorthia....

Who was that again?

The boss in the heart?

Yeah that was a tricky one but just because i tried it the three times without Melia. With Melia she was not a problem

Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:
UM's in this game are so wild. Tyrea and her Telethia in the tomb? No problem. Giant bird UM (looks kind of like a LotR Nazgul) and its hair-pulling time again, though this time the problem was the annoying bird seemed to have a strong tendency to summon aid, and divided attention was a sure loss...

Very true. But the main boss fights are, generally, much easier than the UM's. The only things you gain are an Affinity Coin and a gold chest, so it's up to you really. I like that Tyrea fight.

The issue was this one kept agroing me in a place that i had to pass through, so i effectively had to beat it to progress the story.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Conegamer said:
F0X said:
Mr Khan said:

So angry. Fucking art-seal/bind combo. That's the bitch combo, for little bitches that can't fight fair and square. Bitch combo for fucking cunt bitches.

Your picture isn't appearing. This makes me extra-sad :/

Bascally it's one of those "U MAD BRO?" sort of pictures. Except this one has Spock from Star Trek and the caption "U EMOTIONALLY COMPROMISED?"

I swear it's funnier than I make it sound.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:
Conegamer said:
AndrewWK said:
Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:

Lorthia....

Who was that again?

The boss in the heart?

Yeah that was a tricky one but just because i tried it the three times without Melia. With Melia she was not a problem

What level were you? I was 76 and struggled. Namely because of the infinite Nebulae, the fact Melia is made of glass and her insane HP... Good fight, though.

F0X said:
Conegamer said:
F0X said:
Mr Khan said:

So angry. Fucking art-seal/bind combo. That's the bitch combo, for little bitches that can't fight fair and square. Bitch combo for fucking cunt bitches.

Your picture isn't appearing. This makes me extra-sad :/

Bascally it's one of those "U MAD BRO?" sort of pictures. Except this one has Spock from Star Trek and the caption "U EMOTIONALLY COMPROMISED?"

I swear it's funnier than I make it sound.

Whilst that's true, I searched it on Google and your description was good, and the pic was funny, so I'll let you off...this time ;)

Mr Khan said:
Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:

The issue was this one kept agroing me in a place that i had to pass through, so i effectively had to beat it to progress the story.

Is that one of the enemies on the Seal islands, perchance? Because they are pretty bad... However, you never have to kill a UM for the story, and they're supposed to be harder, a challenge. I mean, one in the next big area, in Lava Cave, it seems like you HAVE to kill it, but you don't! It's nice to, though... Actually, after the events in the core, things get pretty wacky and you could say there's 2 UM's you HAVE to kill to 'finish' the main story, but they're found in sidequests also.

I finally beat this thing yesterday, and have to say that overall it's excellent. Some of the cut scenes were a bit long for my liking, but the awesome game play overshadows any of that. Combat was perfect and I liked actually the questing. By the way, am I the only one that thought that the final boss was a PITA? PITA being short for pain in the ass.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:
Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:

Is that one of the enemies on the Seal islands, perchance? Because they are pretty bad... However, you never have to kill a UM for the story, and they're supposed to be harder, a challenge. I mean, one in the next big area, in Lava Cave, it seems like you HAVE to kill it, but you don't! It's nice to, though... Actually, after the events in the core, things get pretty wacky and you could say there's 2 UM's you HAVE to kill to 'finish' the main story, but they're found in sidequests also.

On both seal islands there was a UM in the way. The second one wasn't as hard, just because it was easy to retreat from as-needed, so you could pick off its support. The bird on the other island would often intervene in fights against other monsters as it circled around in flight, so you had to be more careful in where you engaged it, but it could follow.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.