By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Xenoblade thread- Opinions, thoughts and questions inside! Can it hit 1mil in sales next year? Sequel coming for Wii U???

What is the best 'major' area in the game?

Colony 9 39 12.34%

Bionis' Leg 83 26.27%

The Marsh 20 6.33%

The Forest 17 5.38%

The Sea 24 7.59%

The Mountain 13 4.11%

The Valley 5 1.58%

Fallen Arm 22 6.96%

The Field of Metal 9 2.85%

See results! 73 23.10%

Total:305

I'll be heading down to my GameStop in about 10 minutes to pick it up. I have nothing (nothing!) to do today so I've got my pizza hot and my cokes cold. I am ready!

Around the Network
blkfish92 said:
Conegamer said:

You'll have to head into your local game stores and check the pre-owned sections; they'll probably be one for $50-$60, I'd imagine.

No, they go for 100 bucks used..

Try asking a friend for one borrowed, you always hear stories about a lot of people that don't have anything to play or have never used their Wii in months, now is your oportunity to bank on those stories, for sure you will find someone who is telling the truth and is willing to lend you his/her wii for a few weeks if you offer something in return. Ask around you will not lose anything.

Smeags said:
I'll be heading down to my GameStop in about 10 minutes to pick it up. I have nothing (nothing!) to do today so I've got my pizza hot and my cokes cold. I am ready!

Nice! I didn't think this would be your type of game though

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Oromashu said:
So, I called my gamestop yesterday and they said Xenoblade would be in today. Turns out it's Good Friday and they're not even open. Kinda crap is that. Guess I can wait one more day xD.

Ouch! Surprises me the game launches on a day which is closed...especially when other people are claiming that they're going in to get the game today...

Conegamer said:

To be honest, RPGs (especially the more traditional ones) really aren't my cup a tea. But from what I've seen, this is an experience that cannot be missed. I'm very much looking forward to it.

Just got home and reversed the cover. ^_^

Around the Network
Smeags said:
Conegamer said:

To be honest, RPGs (especially the more traditional ones) really aren't my cup a tea. But from what I've seen, this is an experience that cannot be missed. I'm very much looking forward to it.

Just got home and reversed the cover. ^_^

Cool. If you've got the game, why are you still here, talking? Go and play it now! We'll have a talk about first impressions later...

I've just arrived at 'that bit' at Colony 9 with Metal Face. In my speed-run that's just under 3 hours, took me 7 hours originally. Think that's enough for one day.

Conegamer said:

Cool. If you've got the game, why are you still here, talking? Go and play it now! We'll have a talk about first impressions later...

I've just arrived at 'that bit' at Colony 9 with Metal Face. In my speed-run that's just under 3 hours, took me 7 hours originally. Think that's enough for one day.

Because I have the laptop right in front of my T.V.

That and my Wii is having trouble reading the disc (it's a launch Wii, and it's had trouble reading dual-layered discs for a while now). Ah, it just went up. See ya in 24 hours.

RolStoppable said:
Conegamer said:

You call that a speedrun? I am getting to this point in under three hours and having completed 30 sidequests with ease.

Well, I was doing alright but I kept on dying in Tephra Cave, because I was under-leveled (Lv.3), so I went to do some sidequests and some exploration. That took up just over an hour.

I'm thinking of simply doing some exploration and ditch the early quests. Monsters are a must, of course, but I'm trying to keep them to a minimum.

My thoughts are to do Bionis' Leg in 90 minutes, then struggle against Xord in the Ether Mine. We found an interesting technique that, if you have a full Party Gauge leaving a fight, it's full when you start another, even if you fast-travel. That's how we'll get around it...

Aside from that, there should be little issue up until the Telethia in the forest.

Smeags said:
Conegamer said:

Because I have the laptop right in front of my T.V.

That and my Wii is having trouble reading the disc (it's a launch Wii, and it's had trouble reading dual-layered discs for a while now). Ah, it just went up. See ya in 24 hours.

24 hours? You'll barely be a quarter through at that point

Did anyone get the pre-order artbook? My Gamestop said they received none... :(