By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Xenoblade thread- Opinions, thoughts and questions inside! Can it hit 1mil in sales next year? Sequel coming for Wii U???

What is the best 'major' area in the game?

Colony 9 39 12.34%

Bionis' Leg 83 26.27%

The Marsh 20 6.33%

The Forest 17 5.38%

The Sea 24 7.59%

The Mountain 13 4.11%

The Valley 5 1.58%

Fallen Arm 22 6.96%

The Field of Metal 9 2.85%

See results! 73 23.10%

Total:305

As we've past 500 posts now, I've decided to call an end to the voting, for a new poll!

End results:

Xenoblade- Worth the wait?
Definitely! 354 67.17%

Kinda... 17 3.23%

Not sure 9 1.71%

Not really... 10 1.90%

Definitely not! 19 3.61%

See results 118 22.39%

Total: 527

Now, I don't know about you, but that's a pretty convincing vote of confidence for Xenoblade!

New poll- who is your favourite playable character?

Options (order of appearance)-

Dunban
Dickson
Shulk
Reyn
Fiora
Sharla
Bird Lady
Heropon
Other
See results!

Vote for your favourite! TBH, there can only be one winner...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
spurgeonryan said:
You could say the same for some Mario games, but it is the name or brand that everyone still knows.

So what? Mayday is a holiday that weeps some games? Or are you just doing a thread on it.

No, Mayday will be the day I put the thread up

And yes, everyone will remember the Mario brand, because it's been going for so long. It's also well-renowned as amongst the best series' of all time. COD, Battlefield etc. strike me as little more than a 'fad' which will be gone from the charts in 5 years.

I remember my dad and a lot of parents, saying the same thing about pokemon...

I'm not certain call of duty isn't gonna be around for a while

ishiki said:
Conegamer said:
spurgeonryan said:
You could say the same for some Mario games, but it is the name or brand that everyone still knows.

So what? Mayday is a holiday that weeps some games? Or are you just doing a thread on it.

No, Mayday will be the day I put the thread up

And yes, everyone will remember the Mario brand, because it's been going for so long. It's also well-renowned as amongst the best series' of all time. COD, Battlefield etc. strike me as little more than a 'fad' which will be gone from the charts in 5 years.

I remember my dad and a lot of parents, saying the same thing about pokemon...

The difference is, Nintendo kept it going. Activision have a track-record for dropping mega-franchises. Remember Guitar Hero? Remember how big it is/was? Remember what happened to it?

COD has all the signs of a fad. As soon as people pick up that there's no huge changes each game, the sales will stagnate and it'll be dropped. This will likely happen during the transition to next-gen.

Extremely late to the party here but after having invested 30+ hours in Xenoblade I have to say that the game is GREAT!. Yes it requires a large time investment. Yes it might just suffer a bit technically from being on the Wii but you know what? That just doesn't matter. It's a game I look forward to playing after a day's work and it has an action battle system that I actually wanted to learn rather than mash buttons and hope for the best. LOL

mothman said:
Extremely late to the party here but after having invested 30+ hours in Xenoblade I have to say that the game is GREAT!. Yes it requires a large time investment. Yes it might just suffer a bit technically from being on the Wii but you know what? That just doesn't matter. It's a game I look forward to playing after a day's work and it has an action battle system that I actually wanted to learn rather than mash buttons and hope for the best. LOL

Don't worry, we're only in week 4! There's still a lot of partying left to do! Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

And I agree, it doesn't matter what the hardware is. The fact is, it looks great for the Wii, and the looks don't matter anyway. It's how the game plays. 

After 30 hours, where abouts are you? Eryth? That'd be my guess, but I'm not sure...

Around the Network

Finished this game now.

@Poll: WHO DARES NOT TO CHOOSE DA HEROPON? INSOLENT FOOLS!

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Crystalchild said:
Finished this game now.

How'd you like the ending? Bet you didn't see THAT coming?

Also, only fools who haven't got him yet

Conegamer said:
Crystalchild said:
Finished this game now.

How'd you like the ending? Bet you didn't see THAT coming?

Also, only fools who haven't got him yet

To be honest, the ending didnt catch me off guard at all. For some reason, i always had Xenosaga in mind. XD it was shocking though how Alvis turned out, or Dick-son (< lol!) for that matter. THAT was rather surprising, and Alvis (aswell as Kallian) were my favourite NPC's., if we dont count pretty much every NPC in the Pon-Village that is. (They were hilarious.. )

Endgame Spoilers above @ everyone

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

mothman said:

Yeah the battle system is pretty good, but button mashing has something too.

Funfact:
I can still download the XENO OST from Nintendo(.de), even though this offer was said to be closed after 30.09.11... cool.

EDIT: HOLY F!

Yoko Shimomura.

Mind = Blown.

Edit 2: The tracklist had make me listen to "Somnus" again.. i hate this song, since it makes me cry if i am not on guard.. thats how beatiful it is. (Fuck you Square.. for your awesome FFvXIII preview.. and yes, this is offtopic, but.. QQ *Sadface*)