By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Xenoblade thread- Opinions, thoughts and questions inside! Can it hit 1mil in sales next year? Sequel coming for Wii U???

What is the best 'major' area in the game?

Colony 9 39 12.34%

Bionis' Leg 83 26.27%

The Marsh 20 6.33%

The Forest 17 5.38%

The Sea 24 7.59%

The Mountain 13 4.11%

The Valley 5 1.58%

Fallen Arm 22 6.96%

The Field of Metal 9 2.85%

See results! 73 23.10%

Total:305
AndrewWK said:
OK this new chick is really annoying, she is like the Hom Hom version of Miranda Lawson. But I love Rikki, he is like the mixture of Mordin and Javik. He said smothing so funny I couldn´t stop laughing for about 10 minutes. I gotta say I love this game, haven´t even enjoxed FF XIII so much.

That's because FFXIII isn't anywhere near as good...

And I assume you mean Miss Antiqua? She's a very good character when you USE her, but if you don't, well...

The love story between Shulk and her is quite sweet, and a nice side-story. And she's voiced by the person who'll be the new Dr. Who assistant, and if you've landed THAT role, then you're unbeatable really! 

I like her. Give her a chance. But Riki is just the best character EVER! He IS the Heropon, after all!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

I see the love for Nopons has spread into USA too, good! Really look forward to Riki and Shulk in the next Smash, and some Xeno-arenas too (Valak Mount).

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

Buzzi said:
I see the love for Nopons has spread into USA too, good! Really look forward to Riki and Shulk in the next Smash, and some Xeno-arenas too (Valak Mount).

Indeed, it would seem as though the love for the Heropon has spread! And rightly so!

I expect to see Shulk in the next Smash Bros., but Riki? Maybe as an assist trophy...

Also, Valak sounds like a good are, but all of them would be good. Possibly the 'best' IMO would be the Sword. Lots of different stuff going on in the background, and it's quite a straight area (compared to most in the game...).

RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:
RolStoppable said:

No, those are my personal scores. The Last Story was a huge letdown with only a few redeeming qualities.

In what way did TLS let you down? I've just gotten Xenoblade, haven't played much yet - but my gal likes it! I've just gotten my eyes opened regarding Pandoras, but haven't decided if I'm getting either TLS or Pandora...

A lot of framerate problems, a lacking story, a lack of colors, for the most part awful sidequests and in general a very short game for a JRPG. It should only take between 20-25 hours to complete and the 25 hours are assuming that you try to do all sidequests.

Well, I'm not hardcore, so it would probably take me longer than 25 hours to complete :P I think I clocked in Zelda: SS at around 50 hours...? But how's the fightsystem in TLS? Cuz I'm not a big fan of turned based combat that's so common in JRPGs... And how's Pandora??

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Conegamer said:
RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:
RolStoppable said:

No, those are my personal scores. The Last Story was a huge letdown with only a few redeeming qualities.

In what way did TLS let you down? I've just gotten Xenoblade, haven't played much yet - but my gal likes it! I've just gotten my eyes opened regarding Pandoras, but haven't decided if I'm getting either TLS or Pandora...

A lot of framerate problems, a lacking story, a lack of colors, for the most part awful sidequests and in general a very short game for a JRPG. It should only take between 20-25 hours to complete and the 25 hours are assuming that you try to do all sidequests.

I would disagree with the framerate issues (never suffered them) and the story FTMP, but the other two issues are justified. The game also should have let you control your other characters and given you more 'skills'.

They should have removed the online and focused more on the actual game. By that I mean allow you to change your party and controlled character, another city with more side-quests, and add more colour. That should increase the length by 10-15 hours, bring it to a respectable, if still on the short-side, 35 hours. 

By doing that, a 7.9 game would go to 9.1 in my books.  But indtead they decided to do the 'in' thing and add online to widen its appeal. Sadly, it's made the game worse and has most likely hurt sales.

But how much of a traditional JRPG is it? Like turned based combat and stuff like that...? And how is it holding up against Xenoblade and Pandora, iyo?

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

Combat is something new and real time. The system isn't really thought through and has some flaws. Also, not much variety, because your party has barely any special abilities.

Pandora's Tower works in what it does. It's nothing special, but the action is good enough and the same goes for its RPG elements. And contrary to The Last Story, a love story actually works for the setup, because you are only controlling one single character all game. In TLS it's like your party is just a bunch of more or less random people who were an afterthought.

Hmmm... Can't say that I'm getting more excited for TLS, sadly... I've seen some fottage of Pandoras and thinking of buying it, but you're not promoting TLS in my eyes ^^ I'll play Xenoblade later today, but as I understand it it's the best of the three Rainfall games?

RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:

Hmmm... Can't say that I'm getting more excited for TLS, sadly... I've seen some fottage of Pandoras and thinking of buying it, but you're not promoting TLS in my eyes ^^ I'll play Xenoblade later today, but as I understand it it's the best of the three Rainfall games?

My scores for the Operation Rainfall games:

Xenoblade Chronicles: 9.1, Pandora's Tower: 7.9, The Last Story: 6.2.

A must-have, a good purchase and a game you better skip, unless you are really into JRPGs and can't have enough of them.

Good to know! Pandora seems like a possible purchase! And since I've never been into JRPGs TLS seems less likely....

RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:

A must-have, a good purchase and a game you better skip, unless you are really into JRPGs and can't have enough of them.

For reference, my scores are:

Xenoblade: 9.7, Last Story: 7.9, Pandora's Tower: 7.7

Haven't finished Pandora's Tower admittadly, but yeah, Xenoblade is definitely the best...but I do like TLS. Battle system is untraditional BTW, but not...great...

Conegamer said:
RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:

Haven't finished Pandora's Tower admittadly, but yeah, Xenoblade is definitely the best...but I do like TLS. Battle system is untraditional BTW, but not...great...

Ooooh! Tell me more :D always nice to hear second opinions! What's good with TLS?

DanneSandin said:
Conegamer said:
RolStoppable said:
DanneSandin said:

Ooooh! Tell me more :D always nice to hear second opinions! What's good with TLS?

Well, the Voice Acting and music are excellent, the city exploration, whilst limited (as there's only one) is also good, some of the dialogue is funny (for example, Syrenne and Calista sharing a 'bath'), the combat system is new and unique, even if not executed perfectly (so it deserves kudos for doing something different), and the story is relatively intriguing. Not brilliant, but above-average. 

Fact is, each pro is outweighed by a con, and that's why Xenoblade is FAR superior. Have you finished Xenoblade yet BTW?