By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Xenoblade thread- Opinions, thoughts and questions inside! Can it hit 1mil in sales next year? Sequel coming for Wii U???

What is the best 'major' area in the game?

Colony 9 39 12.34%

Bionis' Leg 83 26.27%

The Marsh 20 6.33%

The Forest 17 5.38%

The Sea 24 7.59%

The Mountain 13 4.11%

The Valley 5 1.58%

Fallen Arm 22 6.96%

The Field of Metal 9 2.85%

See results! 73 23.10%

Total:305

44k week 2? that's some solid sales we got here. Looking forward to week 3 now

3DS FC :  4339 - 3326 - 7693. Add me :) Nickname Tin

Around the Network
MRKs said:

I'm plesantly surprised. Glad to see more and more people are enjoying this game. ^_^

Though now I don't know what's crazier... NoA's debacle of bringing the game over to American shores, or the fact that despite all that, NA is now XenoBlade's highest selling region in only two weeks of sales.

Shame on our European and Japanese bretheren!

AndrewWK said:
Conegamer said:
AndrewWK said:

I just killed the telethia but the fight was very very easy the Xord fight was much harder

The second one with Riki on your team? 

Yeah, it's not too hard. That other one was pretty hellish, admittadly. Things get harder later on, though, so you'd best be ready...

yeah the one with the hero puff-puff. The on that this new girl destroys with some badass Äther attack

I took it down in less then 5 minutes

5 minutes? What level were you? You should be around 37 IIRC. I was 39, and was over-levelled for the next area. Killed the first real BIG boss in ages at level 45, but thankfully the game catches up with you to a point where I found myself under-levelled...

Bizzare how things swing.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Smeags said:
MRKs said:

I'm plesantly surprised. Glad to see more and more people are enjoying this game. ^_^

Though now I don't know what's crazier... NoA's debacle of bringing the game over to American shores, or the fact that despite all that, NA is now XenoBlade's highest selling region in only two weeks of sales.

Shame on our European and Japanese bretheren!

We're sorry!

Also, sales will be above 50k this week with the rest of America included. These are just US sales, after all...

Have you done that 'bit' then Smeags?

Conegamer said:

We're sorry!

Also, sales will be above 50k this week with the rest of America included. These are just US sales, after all...

No, I've just been going around doing some side quests and stuff. Finally got the portable gem creator.

I'll go back to the story tonight though... I made it so far that I really want to see what happens next. I'm guessing I still have time to do sidequests after I enter the back?

Around the Network
Smeags said:
Conegamer said:

We're sorry!

No, I've just been going around doing some side quests and stuff. Finally got the portable gem creator.

I'll go back to the story tonight though... I made it so far that I really want to see what happens next. I'm guessing I still have time to do sidequests after I enter the back?

Yes. But all sidequests with a clock next to them disappear. So do any follow-up quests (for example, the quest line with the explorers in Valak ends, they hate each other. Then...you go back after the events, find them and they'll talk about the Giants' Treasures. Had you not done that quest chain, they wouldn't initiate that quest. So all of the stuff with the ruins would be for nought. Same for a quest chain in the Frontier area, and more).

Also, make sure you've built up an affinity chart in that area as well. But yeah, plenty more quests open up afterwards, don't worry!

Conegamer said:

Yes. But all sidequests with a clock next to them disappear. So do any follow-up quests (for example, the quest line with the explorers in Valak ends, they hate each other. Then...you go back after the events, find them and they'll talk about the Giants' Treasures. Had you not done that quest chain, they wouldn't initiate that quest. So all of the stuff with the ruins would be for nought. Same for a quest chain in the Frontier area, and more).

Also, make sure you've built up an affinity chart in that area as well. But yeah, plenty more quests open up afterwards, don't worry!

So... checklist for Smeags:

1. Do sidequests with clocks next to them.

2. Enter Mechonis' back.

3. Moar stuff lulz!

Smeags said:
Conegamer said:

So... checklist for Smeags:

1. Do sidequests with clocks next to them.

2. Enter Mechonis' back.

3. Moar stuff lulz!

Yep. Pretty much good to me. But you've actually got a much longer list than that...you'd be surprised. There's so many quests and stuff afterwards that you could not do a single quest before the Core and still get 5* in all areas (even if you do no timed-quests).

I counted 107 quests. All of them named. There's around 450 quests in the game, 260 of them named. So you've got nearly half of all quests left to do >.<

Don't neglect UM's or areas in the Mechonis, though. They really raise the exp., but in the same boat, make sure you're not levelled higher than 73. Delicate balancing act.

Michael-5 said:

Just saying, this one fight in particular was rather annoying.

That's more than fair. I wasn't a big fan myself. I also really detest fights that involve spike damage: it's a terrible idea, in my opinion, especially when they penalize you for toppling the foe.

Conegamer said:

Don't neglect UM's or areas in the Mechonis, though. They really raise the exp., but in the same boat, make sure you're not levelled higher than 73. Delicate balancing act.

Um... what's UM?