By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Xenoblade thread- Opinions, thoughts and questions inside! Can it hit 1mil in sales next year? Sequel coming for Wii U???

What is the best 'major' area in the game?

Colony 9 39 12.34%

Bionis' Leg 83 26.27%

The Marsh 20 6.33%

The Forest 17 5.38%

The Sea 24 7.59%

The Mountain 13 4.11%

The Valley 5 1.58%

Fallen Arm 22 6.96%

The Field of Metal 9 2.85%

See results! 73 23.10%

Total:305

My kingdom for a Rainbow Slug!

2 hours running around in the rain at night and nuthin'.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
mothman said:

IIRC I found one along the beach. Don't know if that helps.

I've tried everything. day, night, distant fingertip (or whatever it's called) in the rain and every other place in the area. If I'd known that I would need one for rebuilding Colony 6 I would have never used the one I found on the collectopedia. I have no idea where I found that one either.

I'm also missing one collectopedia item for Eryth Sea and Valak Mountain and no amount of running around has uncovered those either. 

There are some myths regarding the random items you can collect. Perhaps there are certain things you can do to increase your odds, but after so many hours of playing the game (and wasting two hours on Rainbow Slugs on one playthrough...while getting four of them without effort in another) I'm inclined to think things like location/hour/weather are mere superstitions.

And it was stupid of the developers to make certain items into unicorns.

My only advice Mothman is to keep trying. Not very helpful, I know.

noname2200 said:
There are some myths regarding the random items you can collect. Perhaps there are certain things you can do to increase your odds, but after so many hours of playing the game (and wasting two hours on Rainbow Slugs on one playthrough...while getting four of them without effort in another) I'm inclined to think things like location/hour/weather are mere superstitions.

And it was stupid of the developers to make certain items into unicorns.

My only advice Mothman is to keep trying. Not very helpful, I know.

That's what I've begun to realize. It's almost like the game knows you are missing a particular thing and withholds it. LOL

mothman said:
Soriku said:
mothman said:

IIRC I found one along the beach. Don't know if that helps.

I've tried everything. day, night, distant fingertip (or whatever it's called) in the rain and every other place in the area. If I'd known that I would need one for rebuilding Colony 6 I would have never used the one I found on the collectopedia. I have no idea where I found that one either.

I'm also missing one collectopedia item for Eryth Sea and Valak Mountain and no amount of running around has uncovered those either. 

The key is that you don't have to wait for the rain, but Distant Fingertip is definitely the place to go. You can sneak around behind that level 95 UM, as long as you're careful, and just mine those two beyond it until it appears. I encountered them during the day and out of the rain using that trick, so it's purely a matter of location.

I agree on the matter of superstition. According to the Japanese wiki, Black Liver Beans appear more between 4-5 pm, which really seems like a myth to me, but i can swear on the Rainbow Slug thing. They're not always there, but they're much much more likely to be there.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

The key is that you don't have to wait for the rain, but Distant Fingertip is definitely the place to go. You can sneak around behind that level 95 UM, as long as you're careful, and just mine those two beyond it until it appears. I encountered them during the day and out of the rain using that trick, so it's purely a matter of location.

Nyet. The two hours I mentioned? The last one was almost exclusively at that Fingertip.

noname2200 said:
Mr Khan said:

Nyet. The two hours I mentioned? The last one was almost exclusively at that Fingertip.

So i just got incredibly lucky?

Cool.

Yeah, the collectables are stupid. I got one (both at night whilst raining) at the Connecting Bridge, and the other at Distant Fingertip, but NOT the bit hanging off, the area near the Heart-To-Heart.

And the best (and only) place for the Black Liver Beans is just outside the Heart Entrance on the top floor, on a long strand of tissue. There's one collectable. Save, collect, reload, repeat.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Yeah, the collectables are stupid. I got one (both at night whilst raining) at the Connecting Bridge, and the other at Distant Fingertip, but NOT the bit hanging off, the area near the Heart-To-Heart.

And the best (and only) place for the Black Liver Beans is just outside the Heart Entrance on the top floor, on a long strand of tissue. There's one collectable. Save, collect, reload, repeat.

See, i found both of them well away from the heart area. The initial reason i even pushed that far in was to try to find a second bean, but couldn't get it up there. Eventually i just resorted to doing walks all through the region and picked the second one up in the third lung.

Really? You must be the luckiest person ever, I don't know anyone ever whose got one from anywhere around there!

Also, the new sales tools shows that Xenoblade sold around 8k last week! It's been going up slowly...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.