By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Xenoblade thread- Opinions, thoughts and questions inside! Can it hit 1mil in sales next year? Sequel coming for Wii U???

What is the best 'major' area in the game?

Colony 9 39 12.34%

Bionis' Leg 83 26.27%

The Marsh 20 6.33%

The Forest 17 5.38%

The Sea 24 7.59%

The Mountain 13 4.11%

The Valley 5 1.58%

Fallen Arm 22 6.96%

The Field of Metal 9 2.85%

See results! 73 23.10%

Total:305
Mr Khan said:
Very little progress today, mostly grinding and picking up UMs and the odd quest or two. The big takeaway from today is that Reyn-Melia is the last remaining green Affinity in the group.

Time for some Energy Aubergine.

Yeah, that's what happens. If you reach Agniratha at too low a level, you struggle, hard. 

Strange about the Energy Aubergines. I never had any difficulty. A good place for them is just above the lift on the floor where you have to operate the bulkhead. There's 2 collectables; both were Aubergines for me. And give one to Reyn, will ya?

And you've learnt well. Speaking of which...

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
Started the game and stopped it again as I am really disappointed I cannot continue playing with the cool guy who can take on entire armies but have to start with this stupid weak brat that I need to level up before he can win against anything.

Also the in town options of trading/side quests/ buying are so overwhelming that I immediately lost interest.

I'm unsure if to take this as serious or not. If it is, then poor you. 

What do you expect? It's an RPG. It's not gonna let you destroy every single enemy in your path for half the game. And Shulk is far from weedy. He gets the cool sword later, and the 'cool guy' joins the party soon anyway. 

Ignore the sidequests if you dislike them, but you're missing out on a great game if you do. It's a 100+ hour game. Go back, play the game, and enjoy it. You can't possibly imagine to kick you out of the blocks straight away. If you did, then this game isn't for you, and I politely ask you to leave.

Conegamer said:
Faxanadu said:
Started the game and stopped it again as I am really disappointed I cannot continue playing with the cool guy who can take on entire armies but have to start with this stupid weak brat that I need to level up before he can win against anything.

Also the in town options of trading/side quests/ buying are so overwhelming that I immediately lost interest.

What do you expect? It's an RPG. It's not gonna let you destroy every single enemy in your path for half the game. And Shulk is far from weedy. He gets the cool sword later, and the 'cool guy' joins the party soon anyway. 

Ignore the sidequests if you dislike them, but you're missing out on a great game if you do. It's a 100+ hour game. Go back, play the game, and enjoy it. You can't possibly imagine to kick you out of the blocks straight away. If you did, then this game isn't for you, and I politely ask you to leave.

Leave what?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

One day I will finally get round to playing this game. It has been sat on my shelf for 6 months now.

Faxanadu said:
Conegamer said:
Faxanadu said:

Leave what?

The game and the thread. Of course, we'd all like you to play the game and enjoy it, but only you know really.

@Redlnker- You really should! It's damn good! Especially if you have it. Why not do it now?

Around the Network

I will try to start it tonight Mr Conegamer.

RedInker said:

Good choice! It starts off a touch slow (after the opening battles of course), and the graphics take a bit of...adjusting to, but after a few hours you'll hopefully be as sucked in as everyone else who's posted in this thread

I look forward to hearing your thoughts, and if you have any questions, there's plenty of people here willing to help (me, Mr. Khan, RolStoppable, AndrewWK, Noname, Smeags, Soriku etc.). We have  a pretty good Xenoblade community here on this site!

Conegamer said:
RedInker said:

Good choice! It starts off a touch slow (after the opening battles of course), and the graphics take a bit of...adjusting to, but after a few hours you'll hopefully be as sucked in as everyone else who's posted in this thread

I look forward to hearing your thoughts, and if you have any questions, there's plenty of people here willing to help (me, Mr. Khan, RolStoppable, AndrewWK, Noname, Smeags, Soriku etc.). We have  a pretty good Xenoblade community here on this site!

Cool. I hope to post my thoughts as soon as I can really get into the game. Maybe a while though. I'm sure I'll have loads of questions too, so good to know that theres plenty of people I can ask about the game.

Watch this space.

RedInker said:
Conegamer said:
RedInker said:

Cool. I hope to post my thoughts as soon as I can really get into the game. Maybe a while though. I'm sure I'll have loads of questions too, so good to know that theres plenty of people I can ask about the game.

Watch this space.

I don't think you'll have too many questions. Just watch all, or most, of the tutorials, and you'll be fine I'd imagine. That's the key thing. And make sure not to be overwhelmed by all the information firing at you. It's pretty simple when you get the hang of it! 

Conegamer said:
RedInker said:

I'm only ready to help when i'm not equally ready to murder the Bionis and everything in it

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.