By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Xenoblade thread- Opinions, thoughts and questions inside! Can it hit 1mil in sales next year? Sequel coming for Wii U???

What is the best 'major' area in the game?

Colony 9 39 12.34%

Bionis' Leg 83 26.27%

The Marsh 20 6.33%

The Forest 17 5.38%

The Sea 24 7.59%

The Mountain 13 4.11%

The Valley 5 1.58%

Fallen Arm 22 6.96%

The Field of Metal 9 2.85%

See results! 73 23.10%

Total:305
Mr Khan said:
Now, regarding the Heart-to-Heart's in Alcamoth, will they be accessible after the changes that are coming to that region?

Ja.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Mr Khan said:
Now, regarding the Heart-to-Heart's in Alcamoth, will they be accessible after the changes that are coming to that region?

Ja.

No, they disappear. Or, some of them do anyway.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Mr Khan said:
RolStoppable said:
Mr Khan said:
Those energy aubergines are unfindable. Everything else i'm good on. I have exactly 1 Energy Aubergine, so i need at least two more for Colony 6.

I'm beginning to suspect that there are fixed locations for collectables based on whether it's day or night. Is that true?

There aren't fixed locations per se, but certain spots at a certain time of the day have indeed a higher chance of making a particular item appear. This only matters for a couple of items though, because everything else is anything but rare and can also be traded. Trade location behind the spoiler tag.

You can trade Energy Aubergines with Bozatrox in Mechonis Field. You can find her in the Machina hideout/secret shop. 

Here's the link to the Google Doc. Ctrl+F an item name on the NPCs sheet, this is going to save you a lot of time when you need to collect blue items for sidequests.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?hl=en_US&key=0Anx12MiCQejudHJfUWhOTGd5Wm1uS25ub2FDeE5BekE&hl=en_US&f=true&gid=10

I've been trying to get up to that spot. I noted the shop and Quest points on the map, but haven't derived how to get up to that section. Not that it should be too hard if i put my mind to it.

Thanks for the spreadsheet.

In the meantime, it seems i spent a bit too much time grinding around Mechonis Field out of the mistaken idea that i would lose access to Mechonis Field at the same time as Sword Valley and Galahad Fortress, as the enemies in the runup to Jade Face couldn't even really touch me, and Jade Face (first encounter) was a pushover.

Yeah, that guy is one of the easier bosses, but the second time you fight him is horrific.

To get to that area, go to the Patella exhaust, and walk all the way down to above the Battle Scar (or whatever it's called). Go all the way round until you can slide down. Some platforms should have collectables on them, then you're in the right place. One of these little sticky-outie bits is hollow. I think it's the third one down, but I'm not certain. Walk down here and you hit the Machina Refuge. Do these quests now. And the "To my loved one" quest series on Digit 2 links to the woman here. So do that! 

You want to know what's unfindable? Ice Cabbages, Rainbow Slugs and Black Liver Beans. Crazy stuff. And you can't trade for any of them!

And you've got to use spoiler tags soon.

RolStoppable said:
Conegamer said:
noname2200 said:
Mr Khan said:

Ja.

There are no Heart-to-Hearts that become inaccessible. All of them can still be activated right before the final boss of the game.

Really? I could swear you could miss some...

I suppose it's because you can't do some of them because of areas being locked out until certain quests are completed, or because it took so damn long to level to a point where I could fight the enemies there that I forgot.

Conegamer said:
RolStoppable said:
Conegamer said:
noname2200 said:
Mr Khan said:

Ja.

There are no Heart-to-Hearts that become inaccessible. All of them can still be activated right before the final boss of the game.

I suppose it's because you can't do some of them because of areas being locked out until certain quests are completed, or because it took so damn long to level to a point where I could fight the enemies there that I forgot.

Yeah, that's what i was afraid of. I heard the area becomes infested with high-level Telethia, though if they really are that high of level you could be able to fly under their radar. The problem is, some of the Alcamoth heart-to-heart's are pink-heart level (at least one of them is), which is a ways off for me as i've only managed to pink-heart Shulk with Reyn and Sharla, though i'm close with Shulk-Seven and Reyn-Sharla, so i'm going to need to get there much further down the line.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Conegamer said:
RolStoppable said:

Yeah, that's what i was afraid of. I heard the area becomes infested with high-level Telethia, though if they really are that high of level you could be able to fly under their radar. The problem is, some of the Alcamoth heart-to-heart's are pink-heart level (at least one of them is), which is a ways off for me as i've only managed to pink-heart Shulk with Reyn and Sharla, though i'm close with Shulk-Seven and Reyn-Sharla, so i'm going to need to get there much further down the line.

You should have Pink between Riki/Melly I'd say, or Shulk/Dunban. I don't see why people like Reyn and Sharla. They're the worst characters!

And I won't say it again, but use spoiler tags! Not everyone wants to know that it becomes inested by Telethia. It's qute a big deal!

Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:
Conegamer said:
RolStoppable said:

You should have Pink between Riki/Melly I'd say, or Shulk/Dunban. I don't see why people like Reyn and Sharla. They're the worst characters!

And I won't say it again, but use spoiler tags! Not everyone wants to know that it becomes inested by Telethia. It's qute a big deal!

Right, i suppose that one was valid. Not sure why you're spoilering out Jade Face, though. It's not like the real spoiler of who that is could be derived by giving the name of the Face.

Riki and Melia are my next targets for getting up. Both of them are green with everyone except Shulk currently

Mr Khan said:
Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:
Conegamer said:
RolStoppable said:

Right, i suppose that one was valid. Not sure why you're spoilering out Jade Face, though. It's not like the real spoiler of who that is could be derived by giving the name of the Face.

Riki and Melia are my next targets for getting up. Both of them are green with everyone except Shulk currently

I suppose. But people may not want to know that there's other faced Mechon, is what I was getting at..

Perhaps try out Melia-Riki-Seven as your party? A Toppler, a Healer and a Dazer Its a good combo. 

And the world's end isn't nigh. You have 2 more large areas, a short area, lots of cutscenes and the option to finish anything in the timed areas before 'the reveal'. So I'd not worry about it for now. You should be around 62 as well.

Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:
Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:
Conegamer said:
RolStoppable said:

I suppose. But people may not want to know that there's other faced Mechon, is what I was getting at..

Perhaps try out Melia-Riki-Seven as your party? A Toppler, a Healer and a Dazer Its a good combo. 

And the world's end isn't nigh. You have 2 more large areas, a short area, lots of cutscenes and the option to finish anything in the timed areas before 'the reveal'. So I'd not worry about it for now. You should be around 62 as well.

Aye, i just haven't used Dunban for a while for much of anything, so i'm going to try leading with him, whereas i've been leading with Seven for a while and want a bit of a change of pace.

Some of these guys up in Agrinatha are tough, even standard enemies. I may have some time of puttering around here, which i suppose is for the better, because that puts me up against the Great Change.

I've isolated it to three Heart-to-Heart's in Alcamoth that i'm not quite ready for yet, one of which is going to take a damn long time (Reyn/Melia to pink. Melia's affinity so far seems strongest with Shulk and Dunban).

I've got everyone to green, as i said, so now it's time to focus on the two most green: Riki and Melia. Melia's advancing a bit more rapidly, but i want her and Riki to blue before i reshuffle my party away from Dunban/Riki/Melia (which does a tremendous job at rapid enemy killing, but has trouble dealing with high-damage enemies)