By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Now Wii U Is Less Powerful Than PS3/360? This Is Getting Stupid!

troublesome said:

All this anonymous information is boring. We have seen to much from this in the last year. Even some small sites and blogs pretend to have "information" about Wii U (here some example from a little german website I found today that claims to have information, but more reliabel it says that the Wii U specs don't seem to be much on paper, but it is in some circumstances 10x more powerful than xbox360 because of the modern design) 

And the information from industrygamers has not been more reliable in the past as of other websites like ign (who claimed the the Wii U is 5x Xbox360). To be honest in the last two years industrygamer tends to make more and more of this "anonymous Information" and in the end is it all false.

We will see if some of these Website apologize in a few month.

I suppose industrygamers was recently merged with gamesindustry.biz so maybe gamesindustry.biz standards have dropped as a resault.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Around the Network
Nsanity said:

or

I'm waiting for the wii U is on par with the original gameboy reports to start rolling in.

lol yeah ok

I will just go with what Ubi, THQ and Gearbox have said already

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

maybe Wii U will just be the unsold copies of GameCube with new packaging!

Switch!!!

Around the Network

Running 1080p at 60fps on a console with less power than the PS360? No. Expect a console slightly above both in power, that's what I'd do.

oniyide said:
Not that i believe this, but why do some people get so butthurt??? Its not like there insulting your mother

It's trolling. How's about I say this, as stupid as it is:

"The Vita is not much more powerful than a game boy" or "The PS3 is a little more powerful than two NES's tacked together with chewing gum"

When you're a fan of something, you don't enjoy when others put it down. You're a fan of Tails (Sonic), how about this

"Tails is just a copy of Luigi"

Something dumb like that. If one person says it, you can brush it off. Now multiply that by 100 times, and change it to

"Tails is just a copy of this character's sidekick"

It gets offensive. When Nintendo came out with the 64, which destroyed the competition in terms of pushing 3D graphics. The Cube, which was superior to the PS2. You get 1 gen where Nintendo has the weaker console, and all the children come out to say "The WiiU will be less powerful than the PS360". Whatevs

Mr Khan said:
How about the next time a developer claims to know anything about the Wii U, we hiss and throw things at them. That should buy some peace of mind until E3...

I second this.

archbrix said:
Guys, the claims are almost certainly bogus. Gamesindustry.biz is the only site claiming these supposed two "anonymous" devs as a source. Every site reporting on this story is simply quoting this one site, and none of the major sites are reporting this in their news sections at all. Not IGN, not 1up, not Game Informer, not Game Trailers... that should tell you something right there.

It's two anonymous dev's claims against countless other REAL known developers including Crytek, Gearbox, THQ, Vigil, even freak'n Epic.

Seriously, anyone who thinks that an R700 GPU, POWER7 CPU and superior RAM/eDRAM equipped console won't be able to outperform the PS360 is in denial, plain and simple.

Gameindustry.biz isn't just some random site. It is a respectable site.(unlike Wii U Daily)

The reason these anonymous devs are anonymous is because they could get fired over saying stuff like this even if it is true.

VGKing said:
archbrix said:
Guys, the claims are almost certainly bogus. Gamesindustry.biz is the only site claiming these supposed two "anonymous" devs as a source. Every site reporting on this story is simply quoting this one site, and none of the major sites are reporting this in their news sections at all. Not IGN, not 1up, not Game Informer, not Game Trailers... that should tell you something right there.

It's two anonymous dev's claims against countless other REAL known developers including Crytek, Gearbox, THQ, Vigil, even freak'n Epic.

Seriously, anyone who thinks that an R700 GPU, POWER7 CPU and superior RAM/eDRAM equipped console won't be able to outperform the PS360 is in denial, plain and simple.

Gameindustry.biz isn't just some random site. It is a respectable site.(unlike Wii U Daily)

The reason these anonymous devs are anonymous is because they could get fired over saying stuff like this even if it is true.