By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which console will win next gen, Xbox 720 or PS4?

Which console will win ?

Xbox 720 109 18.76%

PS4 353 60.76%

it'll be a tie 29 4.99%

See results 90 15.49%

Total:581
archbrix said:
Gamer_of_the_Year said:

I LOVE THE FACT THAT WiiU is not even an option!!!!

LOL.

It's 71/2th Gen.

Who cares what they look like?

Only thing that matters is what they can do.

And as the PS3 once said, PS4 only does EVERYTHING.

Except for backwards compatibility for games, controller use, and no data or PSN game transfers...

WiiU does, though.

Backwards compatibility means absolutely nothing to me.

I love my PS3. It works fine...5 years and running. I will keep my PS3 once I get a PS4 so no need to have BC on my PS4. When I turn on my PS4 the last concern I will have will be why can't I play my 7th Gen game on this beast. I will be happily enjoying the plethora of amazing PS Exclusives that Sony will bombard the market with throughout the 8th Gen. 

Also, I own a Vita. So the remote play (controller use) thing actually DOES work for me...soooooo wrong again lol 

Around the Network
Gamer_of_the_Year said:
archbrix said:
Gamer_of_the_Year said:

LOL.

It's 71/2th Gen.

Except for backwards compatibility for games, controller use, and no data or PSN game transfers...

WiiU does, though.

Backwards compatibility means absolutely nothing to me.

I love my PS3. It works fine...5 years and running. I will keep my PS3 once I get a PS4 so no need to have BC on my PS4. When I turn on my PS4 the last concern I will have will be why can't I play my 7th Gen game on this beast. I will be happily enjoying the plethora of amazing PS Exclusives that Sony will bombard the market with throughout the 8th Gen. 

Also, I own a Vita. So the remote play (controller use) thing actually DOES work for me...soooooo wrong again lol 

Uh, no, I wasn't wrong about anything I said. But I wouldn't expect you to realize that...

Nextbox. PS is a dying brand

newwil7l said:
Nextbox. PS is a dying brand

LOL!

Playstation has been the highest selling console worldwide the last 4 years and counting...lol 

If anything, Playstation is inching closer and closer to a return to glory that should come to pass next Gen. 

Ps4 is sony prices it right.iam geting one no matter what lol

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Around the Network

PS4, no doubt about that. If the PS3 can win with all the mistakes Sony made, the PS4 can too.

the ps console brand has gotten its mojo back about 3 years ago(looks like the vita even picked up,just wait till america and EU gets a price cut).ps4 is buzzing with electricity,wiiu is already a forgotten thing.. the xbox brand has been losing steam for years now and 720 is barely mentioned,i think mainly because of the weak specs,and then making them even weaker after the O.S eats a giant amount of resources from them,making the gap in power even larger... i just cant see the ps4 being topped by these other 2 consoles,theres nothing about them thats attracting ppl to it away from the ps4.

coolguy said:
Ps4 is sony prices it right.iam geting one no matter what lol

All this asset selling and removing fat from their bloated business model is all Sony securing it's viability to be competitive (in terms of pricing) in the 8th Gen. Sony has always had the best quality products out but their focus was all over the place. It kept trying new things, new products, without investing in effectively marketing and promoting the products that were profitable and popular. They always felt that the superior quality and word of mouth of that quality was marketing. And 10 years ago it was. But now in a day and age of microwavable interests, short attention spans, and social networking, you have to have a NON STOP CONSTANT 24/7 marketing machine. And trust me, Sony will stop at no end promoting that beast of a machine come 8th Gen. They are definitely preparing a TAKEOVER. OR should I say, a TAKEBACK!? lol 

archbrix said:
Gamer_of_the_Year said:

LOL.

It's 71/2th Gen.

WiiU does, though.

Yeah, that's what no BC means...

Anyway I think bumping this thread was premature.

Weedlab said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Weedlab said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Ouya will win

I think u r on to something there. xD

i do plan to purchase Ouya.

I have not considered it really. So far, I intend to get the following in this order PS4, Wii U, PC or Steambox. My friends told me I could make a decent PC with around 500 USD or so, so if true then I'll look into it. The Steambox I am more interested in, but if it is too expensive I'll just build a PC. I need to see more of Ouya, but given that I own a PS3 and PSV and intend to get a 3DS, PS4, Wii U and PC/SB, I doubt I'll get another platform.

yea sounds like my problem. in order PS4, Vita, PC, Ouya, Wiiu, and 3DS. i'd like to know more about steaambox. also checkout the Ouya official thread in my sig. haven't really updated it but there are some things created on it that make it an interesting purchase for those looking to learn coding, and game development, which is my reason for a future purchase.

my only problem with the system is that it releases every yr. like COD. so i'm really try to decided whether to purchase Ouya 1, or Ouya 2.i've seen a shooter that has 360 COD graphic's, although that's not saying much.