By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8

unbound was very good

I also recommend Superman: Doomsday and Batman:Under the red hood

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
kljesta64 said:
unbound was very good

I also recommend Superman: Doomsday and Batman:Under the red hood

Lol ! nice avatar change.

What about that recent Dark Knight Rises animated movie? Any good?

thanks miz1 made it for me lol

you mean the dark knight returns part1 and part2 its better then TDKR if you ask me escpecially part2 sick first scene I wont spoil anything ... and Bruce is an OLD dude lol

under the red hood and dark knight returns are the best batman movies for sure.

believe me this you do not want to miss 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUyQlvdbANQ

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

I watched Fallen Angels again today. I only had time today to watch half but it was great anyway.
The film style kind of reminds me of walking around with severe jet lag on business trips. I'm glad I'm not doing that anymore. I'll watch the rest tonight, although I bought Remember me today, decisions decisions.

I caved in and ordered the blu-ray version of Totoro, together with Star trek IV and Big trouble in little china. $8 dollars on blu-ray, why bother renting. It looks like they'll be adding Wrath of Khan with that shipment on Monday, it's back in stock. Good times next week.

spurgeonryan said:

Lol! I only buy VHS these days,and rent DVD. You buy Blu-Ray's. Lol, you are so ahead of me.

I am currently watching Lincoln. It is really wonderful! Sometimes hard to follow how they speak, but I am enjoying it. Many great actors here. Not just Lincoln.

I figured with the limited time I have to watch things now, I might as well buy less and watch it in the best quality.

I wish I still had a good place to rent near my house. I used to be able to hop on my mountain bike, be at Blockbuster in 3 minutes, back home with a stack of dvd's in 10 minutes. Now I have 1 Red box 10km away with very limited offerings and rent per day instead of per week.

Lincoln and Argo are in the back of my mind to watch sometime. Maybe online rental when I'm bored. I can't remember the last time I was though, backlog with everything. First world problems :)

I watched Fallen Angels only once and it was in my top50 all time movies..I just dont like watching an awesome movie again in a short time period lol

watched scary movie 5 lloll

tonight its Peeping Tom im waiting for this for years to watch

Tsubasa Ozora

Around the Network

May see World War Z when it comes out. Is it supposed to be any good?

Finally watched Taxi Driver a couple of days ago its pretty good I like Raging Bull and Goodfellas better but its almost as good as The Departed.

I didnt have the strenght so instead watching peeping tom I wathed Sailor Moon second movie

Tsubasa Ozora

Wow people still watch NCIS. It wasn't too bad in the beginning but couldn't stand it anymore when it became one ridiculous terrorist plot after the other.

Elementary should be safe for another seasons at nr 15.

My wife watches Duck Dynasty, says it's hilarious. I rather watch a movie :)

I watched My neighbour Totoro on blu-ray today. It's a decent upgrade over the dvd, not the fog lifting dramatic change as with Howl's moving castle. Still worth it if you want to collect the whole set. Line detail is compression artifact free, film grain is pleasantly visible, colors are improved and black level is perfect. There were some details I hadn't noticed before and the bus stop scene is more magical then ever. Great movie, which had my 1.5 and 4 year old glued to the screen as well.

Now hurry up and release Spirited away and Princess Mononoke on blu-ray!
I guess Kiki's delivery service is up next since the Hong Kong version was released in March.
It should come together with Only yesterday (Omohide Poro Poro), also out in Hong Kong. I haven't seen this one yet, it was never released here. Maybe it still won't be released here by Disney since the original reason still stands:

Although the Walt Disney Company paid for the US distribution rights as part of its deal with Studio Ghibli, executives later decided that it could not release "Only Yesterday" in the US - Disney's stated reason was because the film contained references to menstruation (a clause in Ghibli's distribution contract prohibited Disney from altering the scene to remove the references).
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102587/

I just watched Star trek IV The voyage home. I could use some humor after the repair man told me they can't replace our leaking hot water tank without drilling a new vent in the house. Damn government regulations.

It's been a long time since I've seen it and to be honest the first half hour isn't very good. Too much unnecessary time spend on the aftermath of the previous movie, and time wasted on a trial that never matters. The last 20 minutes suffer from the same problem. The probe was well done, but the rest is very average.
What's in between is still full of charm and great humor. It works even better nowadays set in 1980's San Francisco, great time piece. I wish they had spend a little more time around SF, those 75 minutes were over too soon.

My favorite time travel story with the original series crew still is The city on the edge of forever, Dr McCoy accidentally altering earth's future after ending up in depression era earth.