By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8

watched for the first time big trouble in little china movie is awesome always something happening ..now im going to watch WarGames

@spurge I cant wait for KickAss 2 will be awesome

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

Hmm War Games, it's been over a quarter of a century since I saw that one. I wonder how silly the computer stuff looks nowadays.

I can't remember much of Big trouble in little China, maybe time to watch that again.

I watched the blu-ray version of Howl's moving castle today. Despite having seen it numerous times already on dvd, it was awesome all over again. Compression artifacts replaced with paper texture and pencil strokes, solid vibrant colors through out. I couldn't keep my eyes of all the extra detail in the background. They even bothered to animate the grass waving in the wind way in the distance. Such a great piece of art all around.
I don't usually spend $34 on movies, but in this case it was well worth the upgrade.

Now I'm debating whether to drop another $34 to upgrade My neighbour Totoro. Damn Disney, why do you make my hobby so expensive.

I watched Continuum last night, I guess Kiera isn't bothered with changing the future anymore since she was helping to solve a cold case that never got solved in her time line. The writing is getting worse, the characters are all becoming less intelligent as the episodes go on. Preview for next week was the most exciting part :/
And I watched Encounter at far point, TNG opening in HD. Too bad it's only 4:3, not opened up to 16:9 like the original series in HD. Fun to watch it again, although Wesley still makes me cringe, most annoying character ever.

spurgeonryan said:
kljesta64 said:
watched for the first time big trouble in little china movie is awesome always something happening ..now im going to watch WarGames

@spurge I cant wait for KickAss 2 will be awesome

It too me years to finally watch the first Kick Ass, but once I did, I regretted pusing it off for those years.

Big Trouble in Little CHina......do not remind me. When I had my first movie voting thread, that movie never wanted to die. I really enjoyed it, and probably was another boost to Kurt Russels early career. I would not say I am a super fan, but it was a lot of fun. Most 80's movies are. They have something that many big movies these days do not, originality.

i think you nailed it most 80s movies are fun,fast and more vivid. 

@svenoj right now im watching Season3 TNG and I have to say the first two seasons are much better and more mysterious. thats what i expect when watching star trek lol

finished watching wargames it was almost great but something was missing something to make it unforgettable. I enjoyed more watching Brainscan the other day.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

spurgeonryan said:

You keep mentioning Continuum. Tv Show?

Lol, Wesley. Wasn't he the long haired brother in Don't tell mom the Babysitters dead?

Wesley is played by Wil Wheaton. He's not credited for Don't tell mom the babysitter is dead. He did appear as himself on the big bang theory.

Continuum is a Canadian sci-fi show about a group of 'terrorists' escaping from 2077 to present day Vancouver on sentencing, along with a female detective with cybernetic enhancements. The first season was quite good, second is starting to become stale.
http://www.showcase.ca/continuum

Just finished watching Star trek First contact, favorite movie of the next generation series. First of all, detail is great on blu-ray (looks better then it did in the cinema in '96) although they went a bit overboard with color saturation in places.

The movie itself doesn't feel aged at all, still great to watch. Patrick Stewart is outstanding, Brent Spiner and Alice Krige are a joy to watch as well. The movie ties very well into the series, and does a great job at playing with your expectations for all the characters. Plenty of references and an actual space walk on the hull of the enterprise make it a great experience for anyone who has followed the series. I still laugh at the in jokes and the EMH scene is golden. Too bad that's the only exposure Voyager got in the movies.

The fact that First contact ties in so well with the series, while also being a great action movie, is why I prefer it over the 2009 reboot. Abrams tries to do the same with the characters, yet playing with future expectations for the characters doesn't work as well as further developing them from where they already are. It lacks it's own series to back it up. (And it feels a bit like kids playing with space ships instead of a star trek movie)

Around the Network

Finally watched my first Brit Marling. She is as lovely as she is talented.

Another Earth. Totally recommended if you are looking for some drama mixed with dose of sci fi. It would be a nice change from ear drum destroying save the world super hero stuff we usually get in summer.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1549572/

Another earth sounds interesting, maybe I'll watch it some day.
I'm looking for something in between the sci-fi as plot device or excuse to blow things up. Explorative sci-fi or something like Moon would be good.

SvennoJ said:
Another earth sounds interesting, maybe I'll watch it some day.
I'm looking for something in between the sci-fi as plot device or excuse to blow things up. Explorative sci-fi or something like Moon would be good.

Solaris 1972 and there is this 2002 remake  with George Clooney

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069293/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0307479/ (remake)

more space exploration movies

http://www.oldies.com/collection-view/Science-Fiction-Fantasy-Movies/keyword_Space-Exploration_type_Available.html

Tsubasa Ozora

I saw the 2002 remake of Solaris, it was ok, didn't leave a big impression. I used to read and watch anything that was even remotely sci-fi related. Nowadays I don't have the time (or a blockbuster) anymore to watch everything. I'm still patiently waiting for a Rendezvous with Rama movie, that kind of sci-fi I'm looking for. Apparently SyFy is going to turn Childhood's end and Ringworld into miniseries, that could be interesting, maybe.

Tonight I'm going to watch my favorite Star Trek movie, VI the undiscovered country. I hope it still is afterwards.

It's still my favorite, awesome political thriller. The blu-ray version did not disappoint. Great writing with lots of memorable quotes and the special effects, model work and sets look better then ever. While most Star trek movies feel like a high budget double episode, this one 100% feels like a standalone movie set in the Star trek universe, neatly bridging the gap between the original series and the next generation.

William Shatner's 'acting' is humorous at times like always, but I'll forgive him that after the greatness of Boston Legal. I'm still angry they cancelled that show, one of the best shows in recent times. Oh well it led to some fun 4th wall breaking moments as the writers knew the end was coming for a long time.