By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8

I have finished all 84 minutes of utter shite called Alien vs Hunter. Worst film ever!!!!!!!! Please spread the word. I was visually raped by the special effects and the less said about the script and camera work the better. Why did I do this to myself on a Friday night???

Around the Network
pezus said:
So yeah. What did ya'll think about Drive?

DRIVE is the best movie in years. It's like every cool cult movie rolled into one and actually still succeeding on it's own level.

It's Scorcese, Carpenter, Lynch and tarantino.

Man o man I do love DRIVE.

mushroomboy5 said:
pezus said:

DRIVE is the best movie in years. It's like every cool cult movie rolled into one and actually still succeeding on it's own level.

Agreed. It was almost hypnotic to watch. I love movies that take their time to work out the scenes.

RedInker said:
I have finished all 84 minutes of utter shite called Alien vs Hunter. Worst film ever!!!!!!!! Please spread the word. I was visually raped by the special effects and the less said about the script and camera work the better. Why did I do this to myself on a Friday night???

What did you expect with a 1.7 on imdb.

A justification for legalizing downloading

19 December 2007 | by whitbybob (Canada) – See all my reviews

Then again, maybe this should be considered on the level of SPAM. Anyone who actually pays to see this should be able to sue the supplier for $50,000 as it will use up a portion of your life at least as equal to that.

Guaranteed to give you malaria, typhoid, and the plague all in one dose.

Run for your life away from any thoughts of seeing this and if someone starts to say how much they liked it......... as I said, Run for your life. Oh and call the white coats for that other person.

Dang, I can't submit this comment without typing a minimum of 10 lines. How could I be forced to waste so much effort to tell you it is the WORST I have ever seen. And I remember all those space movies from the 50s and 60s. This is pre-Buck Rogers. It is pre Ice Age script and even Neanderthals could have acted better.

I watched Cargo last night. It was the only sci-fi movie I could find on Netflix that I had not seen yet.
It wasn't bad. The cinematography is very good but the story and acting doesn't hold up as well.
Anyway it was refreshing to watch a sci-fi movie in German for a change with actors I haven't seen before.

Definitely better then Alien vs Hunter ;)
Hopefully the directors go on to make another sci-fi movie with a bit better script.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
SvennoJ said:

I watched Cargo last night. It was the only sci-fi movie I could find on Netflix that I had not seen yet.
It wasn't bad. The cinematography is very good but the story and acting doesn't hold up as well.
Anyway it was refreshing to watch a sci-fi movie in German for a change with actors I haven't seen before.

Definitely better then Alien vs Hunter ;)
Hopefully the directors go on to make another sci-fi movie with a bit better script.

I like the box art! Very interesting. So what is the basic premise of the movie?

The box art reminds me of the box art of ..or one of the boxarts of Even horizon I believe

A small crew on board of a giant cargo ship on an 8 year journey discovers their is something not quite right with the cargo.
Here's the long description (with spoilers) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0381940/synopsis

spurgeonryan said:
RedInker said:

I think that if you would have been drinking it would have been much better. Saying that I have no idea what your age is.

I had a couple of beers and it didn't really help. Maybe if I drank 12 beers I may have had a more possitive experience. It was so cringe worthy. Several "scenes" if you can call them that were heavily based/practically identical to Predator, Alien 3, Alien vs Predator (Obviously) If you get a chance it's worth watching just for the sheer hell of it.

@SvennoJ    I knew it was going to be bad just not that bad. Lol.

mushroomboy5 said:
pezus said:

Surely you mean the most overrated movie in years?

It relied completely on presentation and it couldn't even coast along on that (for me). I truly do not understand the hype for that movie, probably the most disappointed I've been in the past few years movie-wise. Especially after that opening scene which held so much promise.

Drive in 5 seconds:

spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
Ugh, I still need to read The Hunger Games and watch The Lorax. So much to do! XD

Well the Lorax is down to around 2000 screens now, so you had better hurry up, unless you have a dollar show near you that plays movies at the end of their run. It is sure to go down as of today.

Yeah, I doubt I'll ever get around to it. XD But, that is what Netflix is for! Right?

pezus said:
Sal.Paradise said:
mushroomboy5 said:

You summed up why the movie is so great! The music in the background when little was said really made the movie. I always like a bit of the ol' ultra violence too

The music was nice, but I regret spending hours watching a movie for the music and the opening scene. Just style over substance, and the style couldn't carry it.