By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8
spurgeonryan said:
NintendoPie said:
Pitch Perfect was actually pretty funny!

Was it really? I heard that Australian was pretty good. Surprisingly it has done quite well on DVD. I did not check bluRay sales.

Yup. In the beginning it is a little awkward but it really starts to pick up after that.

The fat chick is hi-larious!

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Que'? Nutty Professor 2?! Lol, have you seen any of his movies before Metro? Metro welss when his career started to decline.

Today I redboxed: Flight, Ooglevies, and Alex Cross. The books are great! Hope it is not as bad as some say.

Bought Bubble Guppies on DVD for 9.99.

I saw a good deal of his movies before Metro.  I guess I'm in the minority of people that though that the second Nutty Professor was funnier then the first one but overall I still think the first one is a better movie I just find the second one funnier.  Also if we include his two concert films then the funniest Eddie Murphy movie is Eddie Murphy Delirious.

Django has to win an Academy Award

Just saw Warm Bodies yesterday. It was a pretty good movie, started out slow, though.

watched argo. I thought it was pretty good. a little slow,but decent drama. I also saw sinister. I really liked that movie. Some people saw the ending coming,but it got me bye surprise and I like when a movie does that.

Around the Network

Recently watched Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia and Straw Dogs for the first time both are very good but my favorite Peckinpah movie is still The Wild Bunch. Also watched Harlan County U.S.A. for the first time not a huge fan of documentaries but this one is pretty good and one of the better ones.

I might watch the remake eventually.  But for the most part I'm not a big fan of remakes unless the remake is actually somewhat original like The Magnificent Seven for example.  Also I'm hyped for Despicable Me 2 even though I haven't seen the first one yet.  I'm not hyped for The Lone Ranger you already know that I think it will bomb and not hyped for Smurfs 2 hope it will bomb but it probably will not since it is set oversease it will most likely do better then the first one.

Best Eddie Murphey film is Bowfinger.

Mulbury Project cant wait for this :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hbOAinysxY (trailer)

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

I recently watched Willow blu-ray remaster. Still a fun movie, but the blue screen outlines are a bit distracting. Kind of a mixed bag, color, details and landscape scenes are much improved, yet the special effects look very clumsy nowadays.

Next up Life of Pi: Beautiful movie, especially the water and the tiger. I watched all the extras straight after, pretty amazing work. Only the sinking ship and Meerkat island look fake, and the flying fish scene doesn't translate well to 2D. Cropping the scene to 2.35:1 for that 1 scene to have the fish go outside the frame on the black border only breaks immersion in 2D.
Fancy special effects aside, great story as well. And although I prefer fantasy stories as well, I'll stay a non believer. Not the same thing.

The best for last: Samsara. Absolutely amazing film from Ron Fricke (Baraka). I've already watched it 4 or 5 times since I got it a week ago. A guided meditation is indeed a good way to describe it as he explains himself in the behind the scenes footage. Great music and the best images I've seen yet, no cgi involved, all filmed with 50 year old 70mm Panavision cameras.
I find it pretty ironic that they had to go to China to get permission to film the meat processing industry. Western world is free, sure... They had a lot more trouble getting permission to film things everywhere this time. It's a different world from 20 years ago, plus all the stress of not getting the 65mm negatives x-rayed on all their travels.