By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8
pezus said:
Is Robocop not the same damn thing as Dredd?

Nope. Robocop was made by OCP to clear Detroit of crime so contruction of Delta City could begin. Dredd is a badass Judge, Jury and Executioner of Mega City 1.

Around the Network
Chandler said:
spurgeonryan said:

Berry Pepper....Well he seemed to be sort of big or on his way.

Anyone see this?

AHHHH!!!! :O New Robo cop suit. Looks horrible and still 80's.

This looks like something Morgan freeman invented for Batman, but I guess that's what it's supposed to look like. Glad to see his faphand is still intact for...oh nevermind

My god, i had no idea they were also remaking robocop. This is just awfull. Why can't people leave wel alone?

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

pezus said:
RedInker said:
pezus said:
Is Robocop not the same damn thing as Dredd?

Nope. Robocop was made by OCP to clear Detroit of crime so contruction of Delta City could begin. Dredd is a badass Judge, Jury and Executioner of Mega City 1.

Still sounds the same. Not only that but they look the same lol

Why is bane wearing Sub-Zeros mask? *runs away*

Re-watched Terminator 2 the extended cut on Blu-ray (first time) still one of my favorite movies of all time and one of the best sequels. Great chase scenes. Paid a little more attention to the movies score this time around and besides the music at the beginning and the end of the movie the overall score is not that good.

That case scene is great and the one with the police helicopter towards the end of the movie is great also.  Also watching it in high defintion makes it easier to spot the stunt doubles which takes a bit of the enjoyment out of the movie.  Even though the overall musical score is only average its still Brad Fiedel's best work.  But he did tons of scores for television projects (movies and series) so I'm not really familiar with most of his work.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Zappykins said:
I just watched an 80's movie via recommendation of my nephew. "They Live" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/They_Live

While not without some problems, it's actually some rather neat ideas. I wouldn't mind if it got remade by a very artistic director.

Epic Fight scene over putting on a pair of glasses! Lol, did you think it would ever end?

I really liked the movie as well. Great themes, catch lines, and story. John Carpenter was the king of 80's directors.

I ended up screaming at the TV - "Put them on!  Just put on those @#$ glasses!"  I am usually rather reserved.

I was watching it while they were attacking some of the 'occupy' movments.  Creepy!

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Tonight I watched Universal Soldier Regeneration. Was an ok action flick. Story was lacking. The return of Dolph was disappointing too. Meh is a good description.

The last movie I watched was Snowwhite and the huntsman. Beautifully shot and the start was very good until the huntsman showed up. Ugh what a terribly written cliche character. On the other hand I loved the brother of the evil queen, well written and greatly performed. Too bad after he died the movie went downhill with a crappy ending. At least the dwarves could still get a few chuckles from us.

Lately I've mostly been watching the original Star trek series on space HD lately. Childhood nostalgia, and it looks surprisingly good in HD, the reformatted widescreen works quite well. Wacthing it in HD is a bit like watching a magician reveal all his tricks. Suspension cables are visible, cuts are obvious in teleporter scenes, planets are no bigger then a small stage, props look like you can make them yourself in half an hour and the space food is hilarious. Good fun.

Now I'm waiting for the avengers to arrive in the mail.

I'll watch the other Star Trek series again too when they get aired in HD. I left all my TNG vhs tapes behind, they were all Pal encoded, useless here. I don't want to buy them again, too much money and Space loops them all the time anyway.
Atm TNG is aired in SD and looks twice as old as the HD version of TOS. Especially against the first few seasons, they aged badly. Hopefully next loop will be the HD version.

spurgeonryan said:
So I watched Total REcall ( 90's version), It is finally actually starting to look really dated. I was fine with it before, but now I am starting to have problems with it. The horrendous 80's Dance music is really annoying as well.

Its been over ten years since I watched Total Recall I wouldn't mind rewatching it.  Also the movie has a hillarious comentary track by the director and Arnold Schwarzenegger, I heard bits of it on Youtube.