By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8
kljesta64 said:
SvennoJ said:

Crouching tiger is a very enjoyable movie, not for the actual martial arts though.

thats my point seeing it on every martial arts list as one of the best is annoying. honestly story is boring music boring figts are boring this is wuxia and there are far better movies. it isnt even a love story its about an annoying little girl and I dont even know what her problem is.. characters die stupidly..its watcable but nothing great not even good.. comparing it to others like hero,bride with white hair, a touch of zen, swordsman II etc. is laughable. 

I can't see how you can say the music was boring it won the academy awards for the best original score and rightfully so because the only other movie that was nearly as good was the score for Gladiator by Hans Zimmer and as much as I love Ennio Moricone his score for Malena is nowhere near his best work and neither was John Williams score for the Patriot and Rachel Portman score for Chocolat sounds very unoriginal.  On top of that the score in Crouching Tiger was performed by the best living cellist Yo-Yo Ma they couldn't have gotten anyone else that would have done a better job.  Also a lot of times the acedemy gets it wrong Ennio Morricone should have won back to back Oscars for The Mission and The Untouables on top of that his best score of all time in Once Upon a Time in America wasn't even nominated since the film was poorly edited in the US release which sank it changes for getting any nominations.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
kljesta64 said:
SvennoJ said:

Crouching tiger is a very enjoyable movie, not for the actual martial arts though.

thats my point seeing it on every martial arts list as one of the best is annoying. honestly story is boring music boring figts are boring this is wuxia and there are far better movies. it isnt even a love story its about an annoying little girl and I dont even know what her problem is.. characters die stupidly..its watcable but nothing great not even good.. comparing it to others like hero,bride with white hair, a touch of zen, swordsman II etc. is laughable. 

I've only seen Hero of those and wasn't all that engaged with it. I personally place House of flying daggers above Crouching tiger, I love beautiful cinematography. I'm not that into the actual fighting, unless it'a accompanied by some beautiful shots like in Crouching tiger and Flying daggers I tend to drift off. I guess that's why movies like True grit really work for me, violence is quick and to the point with engaging dialogue and beautiful vistas as the main course. I watched it for the second time today, beautiful.

i liked how the story works in hero great wuxia(martial hero) movie but yes its too slow paced and you can get lost in the story very easily if you dont pay attention.  flying daggers great choreography and colors its like watching anime.

i watched true grit last night and it was really good. great acting and that last scene looked impressive huge field clear sky thousands of stars just WOW.

I cant wait to watch gravity only hear good things but im afraid to go to the movies awful screen..

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Chris Hu said:
kljesta64 said:
SvennoJ said:

I can't see how you can say the music was boring it won the academy awards for the best original score and rightfully so because the only other movie that was nearly as good was the score for Gladiator by Hans Zimmer and as much as I love Ennio Moricone his score for Malena is nowhere near his best work and neither was John Williams score for the Patriot and Rachel Portman score for Chocolat sounds very unoriginal.  On top of that the score in Crouching Tiger was performed by the best living cellist Yo-Yo Ma they couldn't have gotten anyone else that would have done a better job.  Also a lot of times the acedemy gets it wrong Ennio Morricone should have won back to back Oscars for The Mission and The Untouables on top of that his best score of all time in Once Upon a Time in America wasn't even nominated since the film was poorly edited in the US release which sank it changes for getting any nominations.

what can i say ? i just didnt like it it was forgettable im sure technically its great.. im not a big fan of the academy awards i dont trust them at all i remember one guy working for them saying the movie must have heart or be epic to win an oscar and thats it :S they are too limited. same goes for all other categories..as you said they make mistakes but its their own fault. they need to change that be more open its like in kindergarten kids cant learn anything new if they dont level up.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Well they get it wrong a lot of times but fortuanetly there are other high profile movie awards like the Golden Globes and BAFTA.  Ennio Moricone had to wait to get an honorary academy award but he rightfully won two Golden Globes and five BAFTA awards for his scores in films along with numerous other awards including three Grammy's.

If Zimmer gets nominated for a academy award I will definitely root for him to win.  The only other recent movie that I saw that I though had a better score/soundtrack was Django Unchained but most of that was previously used stuff but two of the orginal songs are very good I like "Acora Qui" and "Who Did That to You" and even though I'm not a fan of Frank Ocean his rejected song for the film "Wiseman" is actually pretty decent also.

Around the Network
kljesta64 said:
SvennoJ said:

I cant wait to watch gravity only hear good things but im afraid to go to the movies awful screen..

After Europa report not being all that I wanted it to be, Gravity is my next craving for some good SF. No blu-ray date announced yet unfortunately.

SvennoJ said:
kljesta64 said:
SvennoJ said:

After Europa report not being all that I wanted it to be, Gravity is my next craving for some good SF. No blu-ray date announced yet unfortunately.

Why should they announce a Blu-ray date already the movie has crazy good legs anyway the earliest I can see it on Blu-ray is sometime in January.

Chris Hu said:

Why should they announce a Blu-ray date already the movie has crazy good legs anyway the earliest I can see it on Blu-ray is sometime in January.

For the simle reason that I can stick it on my wishlist and not forget about it. I don't expect it before Januari either.
Convenience.

Well its still way too soon to anounce a date the earliest they should announce one is probably mid November.

the 36th chamber of shaolin

kung fu classic only worth mentioning are the training sessions the shaolin must endure pretty interesting..

7/10

also in the name of the father nice thriller i cant believe this really happend lol walking dead nice second episode, how i met your mother still decent.

Tsubasa Ozora