By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Movie & TV Chat: A entertainment discussion thread ~ Live, Love, Enjoy movies! What did ya'll think of Joker?

What Marvel superhero do you enjoy the most?

Iron Man 1 12.50%

Thor 0 0%

Hulk 0 0%

Spiderman 1 12.50%

Xmen -post individually below 1 12.50%

Ant Man 0 0%

other Avenger -post individually below 0 0%

GotG- see above example 2 25.00%

other post below 0 0%

DC bro!!!! 3 37.50%

Total:8

I watched a bunch of godzilla movies only worth mentioning is godzilla 2000.

last night i saw akira kurosawas High and Low crime thriller good movie very detailed investigation with a low amount of real evidence this movie really shows how police work is done with brains.

9/10

@svennoj yea that ending

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

7/10

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

I watched the Coen brothers version of True Grit tonight, great movie. Love the cinematography, the dialogue, the characters, the acting, a new favorite. It looks great on the big screen, beautiful wide shots with tons of details. The extras delved into the making of Fort Smith, surreal to see the 1878 town end sharply into a modern suburb, tree bark covering up hydro poles and a sign saying post office still open (behind the facade) And the crazy jobs that go with movie making, like picking all the leaves of the trees by hand to make it look like winter.

A new favorite 9/10.

SvennoJ said:

I watched the Coen brothers version of True Grit tonight, great movie. Love the cinematography, the dialogue, the characters, the acting, a new favorite. It looks great on the big screen, beautiful wide shots with tons of details. The extras delved into the making of Fort Smith, surreal to see the 1878 town end sharply into a modern suburb, tree bark covering up hydro poles and a sign saying post office still open (behind the facade) And the crazy jobs that go with movie making, like picking all the leaves of the trees by hand to make it look like winter.

A new favorite 9/10.

thanks for reminding me i will probably watch it tonight or tomorrow.

Tsubasa Ozora

true grit

8/10

127 hours

6/10

crouching tiger hidden dragon

just finished watching for the second time after 10 or more years and i still think this is one of the worst martial arts movies ever made i dont see one thing worth mentioning. i still dont believe this BS won 4 oscars.

Tsubasa Ozora

Around the Network

127 hours was painful to watch, I didn't need the big screen while he was cutting through his arm, not the sound effects

Crouching tiger is a very enjoyable movie, not for the actual martial arts though.

SvennoJ said:

Crouching tiger is a very enjoyable movie, not for the actual martial arts though.

thats my point seeing it on every martial arts list as one of the best is annoying. honestly story is boring music boring figts are boring this is wuxia and there are far better movies. it isnt even a love story its about an annoying little girl and I dont even know what her problem is.. characters die stupidly..its watcable but nothing great not even good.. comparing it to others like hero,bride with white hair, a touch of zen, swordsman II etc. is laughable. 

Tsubasa Ozora

Gravity was awesome, is it only me thinking it has like a "Metroid Prime feel" in it lol.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Watched Man of Steel and Flight over the weekend both are very good I would give Flight a 7.5/10 and Man of Steel a 8/10 especially liked the score by Hans Zimmer which is one of his best works right up there with Gladiator and The Little Mermaid ironically he also scored two of the worst things that came out this year The Lone Ranger and the laughable bad Bible mini series on TLC.

kljesta64 said:
SvennoJ said:

thats my point seeing it on every martial arts list as one of the best is annoying. honestly story is boring music boring figts are boring this is wuxia and there are far better movies. it isnt even a love story its about an annoying little girl and I dont even know what her problem is.. characters die stupidly..its watcable but nothing great not even good.. comparing it to others like hero,bride with white hair, a touch of zen, swordsman II etc. is laughable. 

I've only seen Hero of those and wasn't all that engaged with it. I personally place House of flying daggers above Crouching tiger, I love beautiful cinematography. I'm not that into the actual fighting, unless it'a accompanied by some beautiful shots like in Crouching tiger and Flying daggers I tend to drift off. I guess that's why movies like True grit really work for me, violence is quick and to the point with engaging dialogue and beautiful vistas as the main course. I watched it for the second time today, beautiful.