By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - “Wii U Is Pretty Powerful… Which Means You Can Do A Lot More [than current consoles]” -Vigil

spurgeonryan said:
Who said specifications release in august? Why not at E3?

Nintendo doesn't release specs officially, I don't think they ever released them for GC or Wii, people had to figure them out themselves once they get a look inside.

As such, while E3 will give a good showing of what WiiU launch games will be able to look like, proper specifications will be rumours until someone opens up a finallised WiiUnit

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
spurgeonryan said:

Nintendo doesn't release specs officially, I don't think they ever released them for GC or Wii, people had to figure them out themselves once they get a look inside.

As such, while E3 will give a good showing of what WiiU launch games will be able to look like, proper specifications will be rumours until someone opens up a finallised WiiUnit

GC, DS and even most 3DS specs were released.   Wii has been the only console they were entirely hush hush about.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
TWRoO said:
spurgeonryan said:

GC, DS and even most 3DS specs were released.   Wii has been the only console they were entirely hush hush about.

Oh really? I didn't know they released GC specs (was it before or after release?) and tbh I forgot about handhelds.

That's what i said last "week" on the comment of "on par with" Wii U is more powerfull but they will not uprez the game for it they'll just port and take advantage of the controller

Viper1 said:
TWRoO said:
spurgeonryan said:

I thought 3DS data was only for the GPU, and was released by the GPU company and not Nintendo, though more info could have been released since then that i was unaware of.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
Viper1 said:

Oh really? I didn't know they released GC specs (was it before or after release?) and tbh I forgot about handhelds.

GC specs were released prior to launch.  However, they didn't give raw geometry specs but expected real world geometry with full effects in operation.   This is why the GC is listed as 6-12 million polygons per second compared to the PS2 at 66 million and Xbox at over 100 million.   And even the 6-12 million was very conservative as many titles pushed nearly 20 million.

Mr Khan said:

I thought 3DS data was only for the GPU, and was released by the GPU company and not Nintendo, though more info could have been released since then that i was unaware of.

True that the details were released by DMP rather than Nintendo but Nintendo allowed them to do so unlike their absolute spec blackout they forced ATi (AMD) into with Wii. 

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I think this backs up that the first statement (last week) should have been interpreted that the versions will all look similar.

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Caring about graphics on consoles is so 00s, it's all about the experience now for consoles because PC has them beat every time in terms of graphics.

spurgeonryan said:
Wait...who was the or which was the company that said the Wii U was about on par with current HD systems? I thought it was this developer?

The system's power fluctuates depending on the lunar cycle, because the Wii U's processor strongly depends on gravitational forces for its power.

I choose to believe only bad news. Fake.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile