By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you believe there´s some truth to the anti used games rumor?

You probably remember rumors about the next Xbox (codename Durango) that surfaced a few weeks ago, among them was the anti used game rumor, now the same thing with the PS4 that´s on the news today.

I wonder if Sony and/or MS are up to something here.

Around the Network

They are definitely looking into making it happen. Other than that, I can't really tell what's the deal and personally I couldn't care less - in the end, it's no use to be worrying about it now, I'll just skip whatever console puts any restrictions on used games. Yes, I won't even be giving a chance if they actually manage to screw us like that.

in some form... yes...
funny that two of the 3 players here come up with the same strategy... MS and Sony are more friends and allies than they made us believe!

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

RolStoppable said:
I'd like them to be true, but neither Microsoft or Sony would be that stupid.

Imagine if the Wii U was the only console that doesn´t have this anti used game practice...would it be the 'perfect' excuse for 3rd parties not to release their games for it?

I hope not, or I may have to find a new hobby..

Around the Network

i absolutely believe there will be some sort of anti used game system for next gen, what it will be and how it will work i dont know

you have to look at are economy are society its all about the money and its been getting real aggressive in the past few years

The vindictive Nintendo fan in me certainly hopes so. Watch as Wii U wins next generation in a walk no matter what Nintendo actually does with the thing.

That said, i agree that there is no way any company with real experience in the console industry could be that stupid.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

doubt it will happen. if it did the outrage would be huge... it would work if new games only cost $20 though

Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Anyway there will always be used games. Some of you see "anti-used games" and assume the worst. Its just like an online pass. Nothing that shocking.

Mr Khan said:
The vindictive Nintendo fan in me certainly hopes so. Watch as Wii U wins next generation in a walk no matter what Nintendo actually does with the thing.

So many developers started using piracy as an excuse for not bringing their HD games over to the PC, or for bringing it months later and with greater restrictions. As Rol and Garrett point out, third-parties will have another built in excuse for blowing off the system entirely.