By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global up! - March 24th | Everything up!

3DS is dominating in Japan. Holy hell it is selling well. I dont think Vita has much of a future as far as a competitor to the 3DS goes in Japan. At this point, unless it gets Monster Hunter 4 AND Dragon Quest X:SUPER ORGASMO EDITION!!!!1!!!! it isnt going to mount a comeback in that territory. Not saying its dead, just relegated to life long second place.

Ninja Gaiden 3 sales are disappointing. I wanted this game to be good SOOOO much. I guess I dust off my NES copy of Ninja Gaiden 2, that was a kickass game.

Around the Network

I don't understand how this site has the 3ds so low this week for japan when media crate has it 28k higher. Will this be adjusted?

At 150k sales I can assure you no casual picked up the game to begin with, so subs are fine.

PSVito

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

It sold 130k in japan according to mediacrate so an increase of 30k hardware is realistic. This site has the 3ds in japan way undertracked for the week.

Around the Network
VGKing said:
pezus said:
VGKing said:
Panama said:
I hope Tales of Graces sales prove to Namco that it's worth localizing the games. Heck they don't even need to dub them, just put subs, could probably ask a few die hard tales fans from a Western country to do that for you for free.

LOL, no.

Que? Why not? The English voice actors usually suck anyway

I'd rather hear crappy English voice actors, then some japanese ones that I dont' understand.

By not dubbing a JRPG you assure the game will stay niche. There's no chance of a casual picking up a game that isn't dubbed in their language.

Wait, you also watch English dubbed Naruto, anime or foreign movies? Lol

I find it concerning that the PS3 is only around ~37k above 360 after the price cut. Before the holidays and the price cut I seem to recall ps3 stabalizing around 20k above 360, so it seems that despite MS not making any efforts it only took a few months for Sony's efforts to be rendered moot. It seems to me that Sony really needs to find a way of addressing demand outside of simply making their console cheaper.

How do you breathe again?

Well it looks like ioi made the changes to the Japanese charts.

3DS over 210k (from 174k) and Wii is now just over the PSVita.

It's been fun, see you guys in a "Global Hardware Up!" thread next year! *rides off into the sunset*

Yeah, looks like things were adjusted, this is the updated chart:

Weekly Hardware Chart 24th March 2012

Platform N. America Europe Japan Global
56,401 45,173 93,532 210,514
45,745 54,032 24,925 147,065
62,769 36,369 979 109,437
37,168 22,307 9,151 77,308
27,636 33,544 10,507 77,244
4,870 6,339 19,284 43,792
13,667 10,215 1,814 29,193

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I forgot the Wii still existed lol- how can more people be buying it than the Vita?

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~