By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Too many unfinished games. Will not buy a new one until I complete them.

ghettoglamour said:
Hey guys, what I don't understand is: Why do you buy games you're not planning to play soon. I know in the holiday season there are a lot of good games coming out, but I'd rather wait till I actually have time to play them. The might be even cheaper at that point.

True, is what I'm doing with FF XIII-2. I assume this holiday it'll be cheaper already.

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
I have 136 games that I haven't finished, and those are just onsteam I don't want to count retail games because I'll probably spend all day just counting them, so anyone care to break my record?

I believe Nikkom has you beat with 1,000+ games on his phone that he hasn't beat.

ghettoglamour said:
Hey guys, what I don't understand is: Why do you buy games you're not planning to play soon. I know in the holiday season there are a lot of good games coming out, but I'd rather wait till I actually have time to play them. The might be even cheaper at that point.

Well I can't speak for everyone, but I'm a collector.  I but games for the sake of having them, and most of the stuff I Get I buy on sale.  if you go through my list of games, you'll see a lot of them say "5 dollar bargain bin" or something.  I buy games when they're cheap so I have them for later, rather than risking spending 4x as much on it later.  plus I'm the 'games guy' in my area, people come to me to borrow games and I delight in helping people find stuff they wouldn't otherwise be able to play.  Having tonnes of games keeps the options open. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
ghettoglamour said:

Well I can't speak for everyone, but I'm a collector.  I but games for the sake of having them, and most of the stuff I Get I buy on sale.  if you go through my list of games, you'll see a lot of them say "5 dollar bargain bin" or something.  I buy games when they're cheap so I have them for later, rather than risking spending 4x as much on it later.  plus I'm the 'games guy' in my area, people come to me to borrow games and I delight in helping people find stuff they wouldn't otherwise be able to play.  Having tonnes of games keeps the options open. 

Heh, I don't think I would ever let anyone borrow my games anymore after I let my friends borrow in the PS1 era. I can't count how many times I would get a game back that was scratched to hell, or the game's case was broken. It might be a lot harder to scratch Blurays, but I still don't like anyone borrowing my games anymore (they can play them on my systems, which I have no problem with).

ghettoglamour said:

Like Runa, I like buying games when they are cheaper and I'm also a collector. There's rarely a game that I buy at retail for full price (Tales of Graces F was the last one, but before that, I don't remember the last one I bought myself), so I usually wait until they go on sale somewhere. For example, FFXIII-2 will be on sale for $30 for a week starting Sunday, but there's a coupon in this month's Best Buy @gamer magazine that gives an extra $15 off (it expires April 7, so you have another week to buy the game), so you're essentially getting a game that came out two months ago for $15.

The only times I will buy retail games for full price are if I'm highly anticipating it, or if I get it as a present, or if it's part of a promotion (like buy one get one free).

Around the Network
MasterVG71782 said:
Runa216 said:
ghettoglamour said:

Heh, I don't think I would ever let anyone borrow my games anymore after I let my friends borrow in the PS1 era. I can't count how many times I would get a game back that was scratched to hell, or the game's case was broken. It might be a lot harder to scratch Blurays, but I still don't like anyone borrowing my games anymore (they can play them on my systems, which I have no problem with).

I'm also obsessive-compulsive.  I have a comprehensive list of all my games and movies on a spreadsheet so I know precisely where everything is at all times, and I check my materials before lending and immediately after getting them back.  when you have as many movies as I do (almost 600 now, including Blu Ray), it'd be very easy for stuff to just up and diseappear without you knowing if you didn't keep track of this shit. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

thats alot of games there, i always buy one game at a time, until im satisfied with my completion of a game i wont buy or start another

I am a collector too, so I never get rid of my games. I like the idea of waiting for a price drop before buying one. I am still going strong with Singularity. The atmosphere is really awesome. It keeps surprising me with new ideas or old ideas done well. I should finish it by the weekend. I am tempted to finish Nier after, but Silent Hill 3 is calling.

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!

Runa216 said:
MasterVG71782 said:
Runa216 said:
ghettoglamour said:

I'm also obsessive-compulsive.  I have a comprehensive list of all my games and movies on a spreadsheet so I know precisely where everything is at all times, and I check my materials before lending and immediately after getting them back.  when you have as many movies as I do (almost 600 now, including Blu Ray), it'd be very easy for stuff to just up and diseappear without you knowing if you didn't keep track of this shit. 

Yeah, I usually keep a list with all of my games (I don't own very many movies, so that's not a problem there), since I have over 600 or so now.

Why force yourself to finish a game you don't even enjoy? Unless you care very much about trophy % completion like some people out there. Myself I love trophies but if I dislike a game I won't force myself to play it only to earn trophies.

Just trade them away for new games...