By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dillon should be utilized as a major IP!

Welcome to downloadable games, where a lot of downloadables have more effort put into them than the "AAA" retail crap.

Around the Network

Pullus it really depends on the studio and publisher and platform. XBL is horrible for downloadable games I have played some that are just terrible and only a small few that are anywhere close to retail quality. Then if you add in iOS and Android I dread downloadable titles and rarely ever buy them. I like the Story series on mobile devices but it is the only IP I like consistently. The quick five minutes playable games like Cut the Rope and Angry Birds are a little fun for the few minutes in the elevator or Sky Train. But they are no where near as enjoyable as other games.

I find eShop to be alright but WiiWare had far more higher calibre titles. Nintendo seems to be the best at online downloadable games far far fewer titles but a lot more quality ones. All these years and my downloads on Nintendo's platforms are like quadruple what I have bought on PSN or XBL.

It really depends on who is making the game. Indie studios can make great games but they have a very hard time.matching the quality of a title made by a bigger publisher, not to mention a lot of the titles that appear online are just scraped together to make a quick buck. Even some of the bigger publishers are just slapping shit together to have some products to show.

I think of retail as the big box retailer where everything is decent and higher priced. The online stores as the dollar store sometimes the product is worth the same as the big box retailer but often it is a cheaper lower quality product.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

^^
Play Journey if you have a PS3

and you've probably bought the wrong XBL games, I suggest you don't play the most popular ones. there are a lot of gems there try searching by genre and look them up on youtube before buying.

Ya Pullus that is one of the biggest problems with Live, finding the gems among all the shit. I haven't played Journey yet looks amazing I was also interested in that bank robbery shooter can't remember its name on PSN. I am not suggesting that downloadable games are all crap just that a very small amount of them have the attention to detail and the quality of a retail title. Its nothing against Indie studios but it is really difficult to make a great game and often requires a great experienced team.which is why a lot of the big and great downloadable titles are backed by major publishers or found on Nintendo's online store which seems to have less crap. Also didn't Sony publish Journey? And the bank robbery game? Which would sort of support the idea I am getting at.

-JC7

Try outland then , there is a lot of fun downloadable games that are fun, I also suggest you get PS Plus , because they keep releasing free games every month , that way you'd discover a lot of good ones, If you also want downloadable gems, i'd say go on Steam, there is a lot of point and click games on there that are just fun to play, there is also some unique ones like " AAAAAAAAAAAaaaAAAAAaaAA "

Around the Network

I would be interested in Plus if you actually owned the copies. Correct me if I'm wrong isn't Sony simply lending you the games. I want to own the games! I'm not going to pay for an inferior online service to borrow some.online titles. I want actual content, I already pay for Live!

-JC7