By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I gotta fight a fat guy in a few hours. Goodbye. UPDATE: Never underestimate fat guys.

Fighting once or twice in your life to gain some life wisdom seems reasonable. There will always be situations from which you can't just walk away, with that I agree. I do believe that if there is a chance to solve things peacefully then you should go for it though.

But if you fight over some utterly insignificant thing, even at the age of 17, it's a waste of everyone's time.

If i lose access to this profile as well....I'm done with this site.....You've been warned!!.....whoever you are...

Happy Wii60 user. Me and my family are a perfect example of where hardcore meets casual and together mutate into something awesome.

Around the Network

Crazy pacifists are acting like fighting is not a reality, it is.

They all look like this:

yanamaster said:
Yup, you definitely are a schmuck in the end. All your posts just show that you didn't know what you were doing, that you were and still are a dumb kid.

You call your experience a fight? That was a joke. If you had been fighting anyone with so much as minimum training you'd be hurting a lot right now.

And what did you take out of this fight anyway? Only the feeling that your display was an embarrassment i suppose. I don't know what led you to believe that you should make a thread about this, your fear of getting hurt and desperately trying to get help, your stupidity or both combined.

Congratulations, your entire thread has made the internet a more stupid place and made me remember that for every smart person on the world, there are at least two cretins somewhere.

on a side note, i of course will accept respectfully any warning/modification/ban for my words so far. i understand i should not be offensive toward others. With this guy however, who wouldn't?.

Jay is a well respected person on this website, he's liked for a reason. You have no reason to insult him like this and your post comes off as extremely arrogant, he got into a fight and it didn't go to plan, big deal.

I think you needed a better reason to fight.

Troll_Whisperer said:
This is it? No win?

This is more disapointing than the endings of Mass Effect 3 and Final Fantasy XIII-2.

VGC deserves a win, I say you fight him again.

At least we won't have to pay to see the true ending of Jay's fight.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:

At least we won't have to pay to see the true ending of Jay's fight.

lol reading this made it sound like you were approaching this fight like some kind of Video Game Boss fight. "Flip the fat guy over and attack his weak spot for massive damage" this is what I got from your post.

I remember fighting a few fat guys, good times. I'm about 5'11" 190 lbs, this fat guy I fought was about 6'3" 280+lbs,. I don't know what I did to him (I was swinging at him, so he was backing up), but he tripped in a sort of funny way landed on his own shin and broke his own leg. It was the fastest most decisive fight I was ever in. The guy kicked his own ass.

superchunk said:
Only good thing I got out of this is that Jay has a new nickname. Ass face.

Just stumbled on this thread. For future reference:

Kicking someone above the height of your opponent's knee is a bad idea. Too easy to block and if he has any sort of decent reactions it's quite easy to catch the foot.If you draw a line down the middle of someone's body you have several weaknesses that can be exploited - the forehead, eyes, nose, middle of the chest, solar plexus and the family jewels.

At the back you have the kidneys and base of the spine. I saved a friend's life several years ago by using a kidney punch on his attacker who was armed with a broken bottle. He had been attacked by said bottle, nicking his carotid artery and was standing over my mate trying to finish the job. One punch in the kidney will put anyone down, doesn't matter how big, muscular or fit they are.

If at some point you're facing an opponent with a weapon there's a very handy pressure point that opens you hand when pressed, it's just below your elbow. This is also essential to use if someone is irresponsible enough to try a 'sleeper'.

Lastly, there's no 'honour' in fighting unless you're fighting in a ring or martial arts competition with a referee and rules. Otherwise anything goes. Forget about honour, it's survival you need to worry about. Next time if you must do something so stupid make sure you meet in a ring with the Marquis of Queensbury Rules or fight dirty in the street.

brendude13 said:
yanamaster said:
Yup, you definitely are a schmuck in the end. All your posts just show that you didn't know what you were doing, that you were and still are a dumb kid.

You call your experience a fight? That was a joke. If you had been fighting anyone with so much as minimum training you'd be hurting a lot right now.

And what did you take out of this fight anyway? Only the feeling that your display was an embarrassment i suppose. I don't know what led you to believe that you should make a thread about this, your fear of getting hurt and desperately trying to get help, your stupidity or both combined.

Congratulations, your entire thread has made the internet a more stupid place and made me remember that for every smart person on the world, there are at least two cretins somewhere.

on a side note, i of course will accept respectfully any warning/modification/ban for my words so far. i understand i should not be offensive toward others. With this guy however, who wouldn't?.

Jay is a well respected person on this website, he's liked for a reason. You have no reason to insult him like this and your post comes off as extremely arrogant, he got into a fight and it didn't go to plan, big deal.

Considering all the posts of other users trying to persuade him out of this sensless act as well as his attitude toward some users that were trying to help him before the fight I would argue who came out the more arrogant in this situation.

Honestly, you think that Jay being a "well respected person on this site" really matters? This whole thread is a monument to a bizarre and frankly annoying chain of events that could have been avoided if Jay had only listened to some people. Sure you can say that he learned a lesson by going through with the fight but he failed a few others in the process. Maybe this comes from a difference in social culture, but I don't expect 17 year olds to be rash anymore, I expect them to be able to make grown up decisions. 

And getting into a fight and making a thread about it to come out as either a hero  (??!!) or a shamed defeated boy was anything but a smart thing to do. Think about it this way, if the other kid had not been civilized Jay could have been seriously hurt. This happened in the US, so if he had been unlucky, he might have been shot. If he lived in the UK he would have more than possibly been knifed. 

So he wasn't seriously hurt, good for him. He might not always be so lucky. Of course i'm exaggerating now, things happen, i've seen and participated in a fair share of fights, i've been mugged  and ganged up on. I understand you might be forced. But this situation demanded neither conflict nor tactics, just a god damn apology.

If i lose access to this profile as well....I'm done with this site.....You've been warned!!.....whoever you are...

Happy Wii60 user. Me and my family are a perfect example of where hardcore meets casual and together mutate into something awesome.