By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Origin refunding Mass Effect 3 purchases

Tagged games:

Well then I now I know how I can start saving money...

Around the Network

Just pretend I don't like any ending, then I'll save more than a hundred dollars a year on movies, cable, and sports events

I may never need to pay for a video game again if I disagree with their endings.. sounds wonderful

Khuutra said:
d21lewis said:
It's the journey, not the destination. These people would have killed themselves in the 8-bit era. In those days, you played for hours and all you got was an empty screen saying "The End". I'm not even 10% through Mass Effect 3 but, unless the Xbox 360 literally kicks me in the balls after I beat the game, I don't know how the ending can be as bad as people are making it out to be.

It's a very bad ending, but the other 99.7% of the game is the best RPG I've played in over a decade.

I don't know if I'd go that far, but it definitely had its moments- a lot of them. Nothing else in gaming has made me giddier than seeing Wrex all chipper and grateful when I cured the genophage. I'm gonna miss that scaly old bastard.

I'm pretty surprised EA is doing this, although I guess it's all about making Origin customers happy at this point.

badgenome said:
Khuutra said:
d21lewis said:
It's the journey, not the destination. These people would have killed themselves in the 8-bit era. In those days, you played for hours and all you got was an empty screen saying "The End". I'm not even 10% through Mass Effect 3 but, unless the Xbox 360 literally kicks me in the balls after I beat the game, I don't know how the ending can be as bad as people are making it out to be.

It's a very bad ending, but the other 99.7% of the game is the best RPG I've played in over a decade.

I don't know if I'd go that far, but it definitely had its moments- a lot of them. Nothing else in gaming has made me giddier than seeing Wrex all chipper and grateful when I cured the genophage. I'm gonna miss that scaly old bastard.

I'm pretty surprised EA is doing this, although I guess it's all about making Origin customers happy at this point.

Man, that's great. There's a lot of great moments in the game like that.

MORDIN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO God that was so great.

Around the Network
marioboy2004 said:
I may never need to pay for a video game again if I disagree with their endings.. sounds wonderful

Welcome to the age of modern day consumering

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Khuutra said:

I was glad he busted out his little song. He was truly in his element in that, his finest moment.

LEGION WAAAAAAH

badgenome said:
Khuutra said:

I was glad he busted out his little song. He was truly in his element in that, his finest moment.

LEGION WAAAAAAH

That's saying a lot, because he's the best character in the series!

The only way that Legion thing can get worse is if you choose the geth, they wipe out the quarians, and then Tali kills herself right in front of you.

But yeah, anyway: lot of good character moments. Good endings to all of the character arcs.

I sure hope d21 doesn't read these spoilers!

Khuutra said:

That's saying a lot, because he's the best character in the series!

The only way that Legion thing can get worse is if you choose the geth, they wipe out the quarians, and then Tali kills herself right in front of you.

But yeah, anyway: lot of good character moments. Good endings to all of the character arcs.

I sure hope d21 doesn't read these spoilers!

d21, don't read these spoilers! Seriously!

I read something about that. Were you able to make peace between the geth and quarians? From what I gather, I did it just by the skin of my teeth (I guess I had 5 out of the 5-7 points you need to be able to do it). I really felt like I was pushing my luck and that Tali might turn on me; I had no idea that she would just off herself in front of me if I'd failed. And then, since the geth were now peaceful and sentient individuals, I had to choose the Synergy ending because I couldn't kill the geth after all that! I've been a dirty geth sympathizer since ME2. Which ending did you get, btw?!

I just wanted to post stuff in hidden blocks too.