By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - gamrReview article links and discussion if you want

spurgeonryan said:

I'm sorry. :(

I think that as long as you guys keep posting here your new articles for a while it will get easier for everyone to deal with.

What is better? Comments on a review or article or views?

@Tads12

No worries, I'm not entirely happy with the split either, but it's where we are now so it's time to make the best of it.  

Whatever you'd like to do is up to you, hits help the most but either is great.  Thank you for your help.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
I wrote an article too, and it's about NISA and Gust so it's automatically better. Don't wanna spam up the forums though so I'll piggyback on your thread.

http://www.gamrreview.com/article/88890/tecmo-buy-out-the-implications-for-nisa-gust-and-atelier/

Between hyperventilating over the prospect of Atelier Musou and relentlessly hitting on Nao Zook, I would never have been able to write that. Well done.

posting articles on the forum is a good way of generating a good discussion.

Aw man site splitting to get used to ='(

Why can't there be just 1 damn site. This is freaking me out man.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
Rainbird said:
kitler53 said:
i like how in misconception #1 you say kinect won't replace controllers because it lacks precision and then immediately go on to say that "kinect lacks precision" is a misconception.

I didn't even mention precision under misc#1, so I'm not sure where you're getting this from.

"As an example, imagine an action game like God of War or Devil May Cry, where you must be ready to respond to enemy attacks in the blink of an eye. With a physical controller, pressing a button or pushing an analogue stick is quick and responsive, but on Kinect, going from an attacking motion to a defending motion will take too long considering the speed these games are playing at"

aka - lacks precision.

The way I read it was that if we were asked to mimick Kratos or Dante's on screen actions we'd never be able to dish out combos as fast as these guys so it's the ability of the player that would limit the gameplay not the precision of Kinect.

Signature goes here!

I declare this the official thread to post our articles! (Yes, I do have that authority.)

My friend is an idiot. He kept playing Tetris because I told him there was an endboss.

RolStoppable said:
Wow, Rainbird. I am impressed by your ability to stretch the word "nothing" into a full article.

lmao. I haven't read the article, but "nothing" is true. One of the most true "nothings" the word was designed for, it's so darn bad "core gamer" and "kinect" shouldn't be in any article together unless it is 100% negative.

I assume the article just explains why it offers nothing, and a few suggestions on how it could offers "something"? Although these suggestions by the article writer will never actually happen obviously because core gamers don't want to use kinect end of story and investment isn't worth the risk for an effective core gamer type game.

Hence we get the kind of kinect integration in Forza 4 or Mass Effect 3 - Pointless, useless and insignificant.

fillet said:
RolStoppable said:
Wow, Rainbird. I am impressed by your ability to stretch the word "nothing" into a full article.

lmao. I haven't read the article, but "nothing" is true. One of the most true "nothings" the word was designed for, it's so darn bad "core gamer" and "kinect" shouldn't be in any article together unless it is 100% negative.

I assume the article just explains why it offers nothing, and a few suggestions on how it could offers "something"? Although these suggestions by the article writer will never actually happen obviously because core gamers don't want to use kinect end of story and investment isn't worth the risk for an effective core gamer type game.

Hence we get the kind of kinect integration in Forza 4 or Mass Effect 3 - Pointless, useless and insignificant.

Come back when you've read the article.

Dr.Grass said:
Why can't there be just 1 damn site. This is freaking me out man.

Well you read the thread Brett put up about VGC going back to being simple and all about the sales and everyone supported that general idea.  This is what goes along with that.  Not like I'm going to start analyzing sales to stay on VGC staff, I hate spreadsheets.