By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - gamrReview article links and discussion if you want

Hey guys, in case you didn't notice, the new gamrReview site has an article section, and we'll be posting articles every now and again on it (don't worry, lessons from the gamrFeed articles have been learned).

I hope you'll enjoy my first article on there, which is about what Kinect offers core gamers.

Around the Network

i like how in misconception #1 you say kinect won't replace controllers because it lacks precision and then immediately go on to say that "kinect lacks precision" is a misconception.

kitler53 said:
i like how in misconception #1 you say kinect won't replace controllers because it lacks precision and then immediately go on to say that "kinect lacks precision" is a misconception.

I didn't even mention precision under misc#1, so I'm not sure where you're getting this from.

Rainbird said:
kitler53 said:

I didn't even mention precision under misc#1, so I'm not sure where you're getting this from.

"As an example, imagine an action game like God of War or Devil May Cry, where you must be ready to respond to enemy attacks in the blink of an eye. With a physical controller, pressing a button or pushing an analogue stick is quick and responsive, but on Kinect, going from an attacking motion to a defending motion will take too long considering the speed these games are playing at"

aka - lacks precision.

kitler53 said:
Rainbird said:
kitler53 said:

"As an example, imagine an action game like God of War or Devil May Cry, where you must be ready to respond to enemy attacks in the blink of an eye. With a physical controller, pressing a button or pushing an analogue stick is quick and responsive, but on Kinect, going from an attacking motion to a defending motion will take too long considering the speed these games are playing at"

aka - lacks precision.

That's got nothing to do with precision, it's about reaction time.

Around the Network

I wrote an article too, and it's about NISA and Gust so it's automatically better. Don't wanna spam up the forums though so I'll piggyback on your thread.

http://www.gamrreview.com/article/88890/tecmo-buy-out-the-implications-for-nisa-gust-and-atelier/

RolStoppable said:
Wow, Rainbird. I am impressed by your ability to stretch the word "nothing" into a full article.

It's the pictures, they add up.

trasharmdsister12 said:
Torillian said:
I wrote an article too, and it's about NISA and Gust so it's automatically better. Don't wanna spam up the forums though so I'll piggyback on your thread.

http://www.gamrreview.com/article/88890/tecmo-buy-out-the-implications-for-nisa-gust-and-atelier/

Rerailing! Deported!

Oh god no!  Please don't deport me, sir.  I only come to gamrConnect so that I can make money and send it back home to my family at gamrReview.  Without that money little Machina won't be able to buy shoes, or little Runa won't be able to buy books for school so he can someday make something of himself and get out of that god forsaken hell hole called Canada.

spurgeonryan said:
pezus said:
spurgeonryan said:
This is the guy I was talking about Pezus!

Is this against the rules to come here and post your advertisements? Kind of like IGN telling everyone to come to their site in a thread. Tsk tsk...

I am joking Rainbird and mods. I will come and see it. Because I have played a few kinect games and they were funnish.

When were you talking about him? o.O

I do not know. In one of your threads.

@ Torillian

I wasn't expecting you to say Canada.

I considerred calling gamrReview the god forsaken hellhole but that would be kinda like the President of Mexico talking shit about Mexico City.  

spurgeonryan said:

What is better? Comments on a review or article or views

For the writer, constructive comments or praise. For gamrReview, views (though clicking on one of the ads would be even better)