By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Diablo III - Official Discussion Thread - Who will beat Inferno first?

Tagged games:

What will be your starting class?

Barbarian 29 17.47%

Demon Hunter 27 16.27%

Monk 25 15.06%

Witch Doctor 13 7.83%

Wizard 29 17.47%

See results 43 25.90%

Total:166

I really want to try this game on a reasonable difficulty. I breeze through normal, and it's somewhat annoying.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Kantor said:
I really want to try this game on a reasonable difficulty. I breeze through normal, and it's somewhat annoying.

If they add Player difficulty modifiers such as in Diablo II, then you'd bet that I'll be starting with anything equal or higher than Players 4. Even in Hell difficulty, Players 1 is too easy with a decent build and anything below Players 4 becomes too easy as well with decent gear. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

TruckOSaurus said:
Mummelmann said:
lestatdark said:
Mummelmann said:

I've already managed to snag some decent life steal gear as well, works wonder!

The very first enemies of Kurast yield 1500-3000 XP per mob on players 8 and 7000-8000 for bosses and minions, its insane!

ROFL, that's a lot XD. Most I got was from the Dark Elder superunique on the Lost City, about 5K.

How are you in terms of Magic Find? Mine's at 60% now and I'm getting a ton of Rares and some Uniques.

I've found only one Unique, a decent two-handed sword but tones of Rare. Duriel dropped four Rare and the one Unique on the first go! Regular mobs also drop quite a bit, I think I've found somewhere around 50 Rare items and four set items (one which I'm wearing) and I just finished Act II. Only shit rings and amulets though and the level of the items themselves isn't very high, my socketed weapon(s) still outweigh them overall. The drop rate of gems is astounding though, I can't seem to remember having seen this many gems before, I already have over a dozen flawless gems built from scratch and runes are starting to drop a lot as well.

I have no MF modifiers, however, but I suspect I could have hoarded a great deal of cash and decent items by now if I did.

What character are you making again?

Zealot Paladin. Working fine so far!

lestatdark; yeah, those Rare items have popping up all over!

Machina said:
Posted up my impressions on the Beta - http://www.gamrreview.com/preview/88900/diablo-iii-beta-impressions/

Added to the OP.

Although I don't agree with you on the chat room issue (I've always found them useless), the possible restrictions on custom games is worrying me. I'm currently building a new DII char and I like that I can join  quick Tristram runs to level up my character, I sure hope something like that will still be possible for DIII.

Signature goes here!

Mummelmann said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Mummelmann said:
lestatdark said:
Mummelmann said:

The very first enemies of Kurast yield 1500-3000 XP per mob on players 8 and 7000-8000 for bosses and minions, its insane!

ROFL, that's a lot XD. Most I got was from the Dark Elder superunique on the Lost City, about 5K.

How are you in terms of Magic Find? Mine's at 60% now and I'm getting a ton of Rares and some Uniques.

I've found only one Unique, a decent two-handed sword but tones of Rare. Duriel dropped four Rare and the one Unique on the first go! Regular mobs also drop quite a bit, I think I've found somewhere around 50 Rare items and four set items (one which I'm wearing) and I just finished Act II. Only shit rings and amulets though and the level of the items themselves isn't very high, my socketed weapon(s) still outweigh them overall. The drop rate of gems is astounding though, I can't seem to remember having seen this many gems before, I already have over a dozen flawless gems built from scratch and runes are starting to drop a lot as well.

I have no MF modifiers, however, but I suspect I could have hoarded a great deal of cash and decent items by now if I did.

Oh man, at 75% MF, Duriel dropped 2 Rares and 2 Sets (Angelic Mantle and Cleglaw's Pincers). I think i'm gonna farm it a while

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Mummelmann said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Mummelmann said:
lestatdark said:
Mummelmann said:

Oh man, at 75% MF, Duriel dropped 2 Rares and 2 Sets (Angelic Mantle and Cleglaw's Pincers). I think i'm gonna farm it a while

I'm wearing the Angelic Mantle! But I think a random mob or boss dropped it for me, had it for a while.

Mummelmann said:
lestatdark said:
Mummelmann said:
TruckOSaurus said:
Mummelmann said:
lestatdark said:
Mummelmann said:

I'm wearing the Angelic Mantle! But I think a random mob or boss dropped it for me, had it for a while.

Angelic Mantle's good, especially when you've got a partially completed or full set, but for me it was useless, especially when I got this Rare bad boy:

Current PC Build

Socketed too! That is several notches above mine indeed... I've yet to even see an armor with more than 120 defense, let alone an enchanted one with any stats to speak of. Dammit, now I have to go look for one!

Mummelmann said:
Socketed too! That is several notches above mine indeed... I've yet to even see an armor with more than 120 defense, let alone an enchanted one with any stats to speak of. Dammit, now I have to go look for one!

This was my second socketed Rare in the entire game (first one is the helm i'm using ). I haven't seen an armour with that much defense as well, but i'm still to go to act III. I'm gonna go farm Duriel two times more to see if he drops more goodies XD.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
Mummelmann said:

This was my second socketed Rare in the entire game (first one is the helm i'm using ). I haven't seen an armour with that much defense as well, but i'm still to go to act III. I'm gonna go farm Duriel two times more to see if he drops more goodies XD.

He didn't drop shit for me the second time around, only regular items?! Oh well, the standard mobs of the jungles of Kurast still provided three runes and lots of other goodies within minutes of playing! Two ratmen attacking me both dropped one rune each!