By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Starhawk: the hidden gem - Official thread

It's a great game I like the robot macross thingy. I love it.
I also love building your base to protect the flag.

Around the Network

Well, as a person who doesn't particularly groove on multiplayer and isn't really into "standard" TPS (I like Uncharted, but I don't personally put it in the same category as TPS games like Starhawk, Gears and Mass Effect) I really enjoyed Starhawk. Though I must say that I'm mostly anticipating the story mode, so I hope story mode has decent length and is satisfying. If story mode gets poor reviews I don't think I'll be buying despite having enjoyed the MP aspect. I am a SP guy 1st, 2nd and 3rd, and MP 4th, if at all.

I certainly enjoyed the MP of Starhawke better than Uncharted 2 or 3 MP. But that might be partly because I am hopeless at Uncharted MP, but I occasionally managed to get a positive K:D ratio in the Starhawke Beta.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Beta is closing tonight. There was a lot of mumbo-jumbo from the Warhawk community about it... Still, for me , it looks promising.

insomniac17 said:
I wanted to like it, because I love Starhawk, but I just didn't enjoy it as much.

A love/hate relationship, huh?

Jay520 said:
insomniac17 said:
I wanted to like it, because I love Starhawk, but I just didn't enjoy it as much.

A love/hate relationship, huh?

Hah. Oops. I meant to say Warhawk.

Around the Network

Starhawk, like Warhawk, is over-rated.

InFamous and Valkyria Chronicles are the hidden gems.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Michael-5 said:

have you played either game? be honest

what makes them overrated to you?

logic56 said:
Michael-5 said:

I gave Warhawk an honest chance because it reminded me of Lost Planet, but it was just terrible if you ask me. I've seen the beta for Starhawk and I don't feel it will be much different.

InFamous is one of the most unique game Sony has made. It's the game Peter Monyloux never could make.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Michael-5 said:
logic56 said:
Michael-5 said:

I gave Warhawk an honest chance because it reminded me of Lost Planet, but it was just terrible if you ask me. I've seen the beta for Starhawk and I don't feel it will be much different.

InFamous is one of the most unique game Sony has made. It's the game Peter Monyloux never could make.

reminded you of lost planet lol, those games had nothing in common other than being 3rd person shooters

and considering how Warhawk is hardly a mega franchise, how is it over-rated

logic56 said:
Michael-5 said:

reminded you of lost planet lol, those games had nothing in common other than being 3rd person shooters

and considering how Warhawk is hardly a mega franchise, how is it over-rated

Is lost Planet a Mega franchise? and they aren't that different, they are both vehicular based online multiplayer games.

I just didn't like it, Warhawk to me was at best a 7/10 game, and whenever I go into forums people love it, and are nuts for Starhawk. It's over-rated because it gets a lot more attention then it deserves.

I hear more about Starhawk then I do about The Witcher 2, Max Payne, Darksiders 2 or Prototype 2. 4 games which release sooner then Starhawk, which I think are significantly worth more attention. Especially The Witcher 2 for those who played it on PC before.

I also hear more about Warhawk then I do about InFamous, Valkyria Chronicles, Twisted Metal or Disgaea. All Ps3 exclusives which I think are leaps and bounds better then Warhawk.

I just don't get it, but to be fair I really liked Too Human and Project Sylpheed and those are 7/10 and 6/10 games respectively, but I barely bring them up when talking about great games.