By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Starhawk: the hidden gem - Official thread

Michael-5 said:

Starhawk is over-rated.

How can you make such a statement without having played it. It's one thing to say it 'looks' over-rated based on what you saw, it's another to say that it 'is' over-rated based on what you saw.

Besides, it's crazy to say the game is over-rated before it even releases. For all you know, the game could release to be sub 70 and flop.

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:

I hear more about Starhawk then I do about The Witcher 2, Max Payne, Darksiders 2 or Prototype 2. 4 games which release sooner then Starhawk, which I think are significantly worth more attention. Especially The Witcher 2 for those who played it on PC before.

I also hear more about Warhawk then I do about InFamous, Valkyria Chronicles, Twisted Metal or Disgaea. All Ps3 exclusives which I think are leaps and bounds better then Warhawk.

The word you are looking for is 'over-hyped' not 'over-rated' since the game hasn't been rated yet. And again, you haven't played it, so you don't know if it deserves that hype that it's getting. (which isn't much from what I've seen. I don't know what sites you've been browsing, but Starhawk doesn't get much attention aside from the occasional thread like this one).

Same for Warhawk. I can understand Twisted Metal & Disgaea, but Where do you hear more about Warhawk than InFamous or Valkyria Chronicles? On this site, The fanbase for those games GREATLY eclipses the fanbases of Warhawk. It's not even close.

We had a small following for Warhawk on this site, had a league up for it for some time. Didn't have a lot of people play during that time.

As for Starhawk, its biggest problem is the fact that ground combat is lacking depth. Not to mention hawks dominate gameplay.

I do not think the game is over-hype and surely not over-rate... I did that thread because we do not hear about the game whatsoever. I'm digging PS3 games everyday and I discovered Starhawk almost by chance...

Jay520 said:
Michael-5 said:

I hear more about Starhawk then I do about The Witcher 2, Max Payne, Darksiders 2 or Prototype 2. 4 games which release sooner then Starhawk, which I think are significantly worth more attention. Especially The Witcher 2 for those who played it on PC before.

I also hear more about Warhawk then I do about InFamous, Valkyria Chronicles, Twisted Metal or Disgaea. All Ps3 exclusives which I think are leaps and bounds better then Warhawk.

The word you are looking for is 'over-hyped' not 'over-rated' since the game hasn't been rated yet. And again, you haven't played it, so you don't know if it deserves that hype that it's getting. (which isn't much from what I've seen. I don't know what sites you've been browsing, but Starhawk doesn't get much attention aside from the occasional thread like this one).

Same for Warhawk. I can understand Twisted Metal & Disgaea, but Where do you hear more about Warhawk than InFamous or Valkyria Chronicles? On this site, The fanbase for those games GREATLY eclipses the fanbases of Warhawk. It's not even close.

Actually, you're right. I should have said Starhawk is "Over-hyped." My mistake, I haven't played it.

Warhawk is over-rated though, IMO.

And no, Starhawk gets a lot of attention. I hear about it more then any other game releasing prior except for XenoBlade. I also hear more about Warhawk on VGC than InFamous and probably as much as VC. Fanbase might be larger for the other two, but it's less often mentioned.

Really InFamous deserves more attention, it's probably my favorite franchise on PS3, and something people easily over-look.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
logic56 said:
Michael-5 said:

I gave Warhawk an honest chance because it reminded me of Lost Planet, but it was just terrible if you ask me. I've seen the beta for Starhawk and I don't feel it will be much different.

InFamous is one of the most unique game Sony has made. It's the game Peter Monyloux never could make.

reminded you of lost planet lol, those games had nothing in common other than being 3rd person shooters

and considering how Warhawk is hardly a mega franchise, how is it over-rated

Is lost Planet a Mega franchise? and they aren't that different, they are both vehicular based online multiplayer games.

I just didn't like it, Warhawk to me was at best a 7/10 game, and whenever I go into forums people love it, and are nuts for Starhawk. It's over-rated because it gets a lot more attention then it deserves.

I just don't get it, but to be fair I really liked Too Human and Project Sylpheed and those are 7/10 and 6/10 games respectively, but I barely bring them up when talking about great games.

over rated/over hyped? there are no games that deserve more hype then another. that's a ridiculous statement but it's your opinion.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:

over rated/over hyped? there are no games that deserve more hype then another. that's a ridiculous statement but it's your opinion.

Should have said over-hyped, poor choice of wording on my part.

However I disagree, some games deserve more hype then others and Starhawk isn't one of them. XenoBlade for instance we all know is a 9+/10 game that deserves it's hype as it's made by the developers of XenoGears and because buying it might localize more JRPG's in Americas from Nintendo. The Witcher 2 I also think deserves more hype as it's in a similar position as XenoBlades (except it means more PC exclusives would get console iterations).

Starhawk is nothing special IMO. I honestly think Warhawk only got it's strong score because at the time, it was one of the few worthwhile online experiences for the PS3. Most reviews start out saying it's the best for PS3 at the time (but strangely not the best on consoles).

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Michael-5 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Should have said over-hyped, poor choice of wording on my part. it's ok, i won't hold it against you lol.

However I disagree, some games deserve more hype then others and Starhawk isn't one of them. XenoBlade for instance we all know is a 9+/10 game that deserves it's hype as it's made by the developers of XenoGears and because buying it might localize more JRPG's in Americas from Nintendo. The Witcher 2 I also think deserves more hype as it's in a similar position as XenoBlades (except it means more PC exclusives would get console iterations).

well for me it's to early to tell what other games are coming out this yr. for PS3, so until E3 i can't say starhawk is over hyped, so we'll just have to disagree where.

when does starhawk come out anyway. if it comes out before E3 then it deserves the hype. if it comes out after then we'll need to know what else is coming out before deciding. the games that are said to be coming out (TLOU/TLG) may not make the holiday season.

Starhawk is nothing special IMO. I honestly think Warhawk only got it's strong score because at the time, it was one of the few worthwhile online experiences for the PS3. Most reviews start out saying it's the best for PS3 at the time (but strangely not the best on consoles).

i can respect that.

best on consoles would be opinion like a review and not fact, which is more important than someones opinion.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Michael-5 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

Should have said over-hyped, poor choice of wording on my part. it's ok, i won't hold it against you lol.

well for me it's to early to tell what other games are coming out this yr. for PS3, so until E3 i can't say starhawk is over hyped, so we'll just have to disagree where.

when does starhawk come out anyway. if it comes out before E3 then it deserves the hype. if it comes out after then we'll need to know what else is coming out before deciding. the games that are said to be coming out (TLOU/TLG) may not make the holiday season.

i can respect that.

best on consoles would be opinion like a review and not fact, which is more important than someones opinion.

The Pre-Order chart says 16 weeks for Starhawk..dunno exact date, and like I said there are a handful which come out before which deserve at least the same amount of hype, but get much much less.

Also TLG might not make any holiday. It had an August release dtae just last year and got delayed by a year, just a month before release.

As for the review, what's your point? Best on consoles is opinion, for the longest time I though Lost Planet was the best on consoles.

Michael-5 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Michael-5 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

i can respect that.

The Pre-Order chart says 16 weeks for Starhawk..dunno exact date, and like I said there are a handful which come out before which deserve at least the same amount of hype, but get much much less. so ruffly in 4 months. well exclusive wise for PS, it should get the most hype second to that level 5 RPG.

i'm really not sure what other games are coming out that deserve more hype though, so for me there are not any. can't think of any other PS3 exclusives so....................

Also TLG might not make any holiday. It had an August release dtae just last year and got delayed by a year, just a month before release. 

that i can agree with

As for the review, what's your point? Best on consoles is opinion, for the longest time I though Lost Planet was the best on consoles.

reviews center around opinion. the review part was to help reference the point of an opinion. KZ2 is still best on consoles other then GEARS2-3, but that's just my opinion.

as a true TPS GEARS is the best TPS on and off line, unless you want to include Army of 2. again opionion.