By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumour: Wii U resolution + controller resolution

maverick40 said:
The Wii U launch titles have to look better than Uncharted 3, or it is not acceptable.

Seriously? Most Wii launch titles looked worse than Resident Evil 4.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network

The sad thing is that I cannot tell who is serious and who is sarcastic in the love of resolution.

But what some people miss is that its 720p on screen and 480p on controller -- at the same time. If you are using other controls or a simple display on the pad, you can get 1080p.

How many current HD games are at 720p at a good frame rate? I don't know but from what I have been able to gather some are and some (many?) are not.

The issue of course is that Nintendo can do no right in the eyes of some gamers (and gaming journalists).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

mike_intellivision said:
The sad thing is that I cannot tell who is serious and who is sarcastic in the love of resolution.

I am totally serious. My printer can do 600dpi!

Galaki said:
mike_intellivision said:

I am totally serious. My printer can do 600dpi!

I accept that. But it is doubtful that is can do 60 fps or even 30 fps. It probably can't even do 30 fpm -- or its equiavent for printers -- 30 ppm.

Also, it would be doing a static image rather than a moving on.

Mike from Morgantown

(And yes, I realize sarcasm when I see it).

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

If it can run an engine like Crysis 2 at 720p on the main screen AND run the same engine at 480p on the sub-screen at a steady frame rate, I'd be OK with that. I assume it could probably run less graphically intensive things like Wii Sports/New Super Mario Bros. at 1080p.

Of course I'd like something more cutting edge, but I doubt Nintendo is interested in selling a $400 console or taking a big hardware loss.