By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Because every country is the best at something!

miz1q2w3e said:
I'm a fruit juice drinking serial killer :D

...Jordan has nothing written about it lol

Either you were born in America and have a half Canadian decent or it's the other way around... did you move to Jordan? 

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
miz1q2w3e said:
I'm a fruit juice drinking serial killer :D

...Jordan has nothing written about it lol

Either you were born in America and have a half Canadian decent or it's the other way around... did you move to Jordan? 

Born in the US, lived in Canada for a while too... Now studying uni in Jordan (family's originally from there) *at my dad's old uni! XP

Honestly speaking, dudes, I don't get tired of seeing that cousing's girfriend's photo being quoted all over the f*cking thread :)

Anyways,

Player1x3 said:
sethnintendo said:
Player1x3 said:
Wheres Serbia ?

#1 at committing war crimes during the 90s.

Im sure your lovely westerners made you believe that - Serbia wasn't in any war in 90's until 99 when NATO started bombing

Hold on. That is an offense. Please rephrase that to "your lovely Anglo North Americans from south of Canada". There.

menx64 said:
UnknownFact said:

Happiness.

Yep... The reason though is beyond me...

Nice to see a fellow tico here...  kudos!

These links may give you a hint:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Planet_Index

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satisfaction_with_Life_Index

http://www.forbes.com/2010/07/14/world-happiest-countries-lifestyle-realestate-gallup-table.html

And theres many, many more like these where our country ranks in a high position in <i>almost all</i> of them. So that can be one of the reasons why they put "happiness" in this map.

Canada is the best at hockey. Also I guess we're the best at winter sports in general based on us getting the most gold medals at the 2010 Vancouver olympics.

Also I would argue we have the best bands per capita. And I emphasize the per capita part, obviously America and UK have more good bands than us, but for our small population, we have a lot of talent. Rush, Tragically Hip, BTO, The Guess Who, Arcade Fire, etc.

Marks said:
Canada is the best at hockey. Also I guess we're the best at winter sports in general based on us getting the most gold medals at the 2010 Vancouver olympics.

Also I would argue we have the best bands per capita. And I emphasize the per capita part, obviously America and UK have more good bands than us, but for our small population, we have a lot of talent. Rush, Tragically Hip, BTO, The Guess Who, Arcade Fire, etc.

Rush and Arcade Fire I'll give you... not heard of the others.

However many you name though, they will be cancelled out by Celine Dion and Justin Bieber.

That and if you are going by capita... Sweden has less than 1/3rd the population of Canada.

Don't get me wrong, I like Canada, would sure love to go there sometime (probably second only to New Zealand in my list of countries I would love to visit) but I certainly don't think of good musicwhen I think of Canada.

Around the Network

Serial Killers for NA. HAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

Yay!!!

Marks said:

but you forgot the home bonus didn't you? i think russia, usa, germany, norway and maybe few others are better in wintersport in general.  or was that a joke exactly because it only was one time?

TWRoO said:
Marks said:

Rush and Arcade Fire I'll give you... not heard of the others.

However many you name though, they will be cancelled out by Celine Dion and Justin Bieber.

That and if you are going by capita... Sweden has less than 1/3rd the population of Canada.

Don't get me wrong, I like Canada, would sure love to go there sometime (probably second only to New Zealand in my list of countries I would love to visit) but I certainly don't think of good musicwhen I think of Canada.

Canada has great music. I fully admit we make shit TV shows/movies and everything else, but the one thing we can do is make music.

- Bachman Turner Overdrive are a solid band, I guarantee you've heard the song "Taking Care of Business"

- The Guess who are well known for songs like American Woman

- The Tragically Hip are absolutely amazing, the best band out of Canada...but for some reason nobody outside of Canada has heard of them. If you want, look up the songs "Fireworks", "Bobcaygeon" and "New Orleans is Sinking" by them. They're great.

- We also have Sum 41, Finger Eleven, Steppenwolf, 54-40, Barenaked Ladies, Our Lady Peace, Neil Young, Tokyo Police Club, April Wine, Theory of a Deadman, Feist, Vampire Weekend, and more. No way you haven't heard of at least some of those.

- But yeah I do admit we make some of the most annoying stuff like Avril Lavigne (who is very hot though), Nickelback and Justin Bieber, but they are more than cancelled out by the good stuff. And they wouldn't be popular if many people didn't love them. 

crissindahouse said:
Marks said:

but you forgot the home bonus didn't you? i think russia, usa, germany, norway and maybe few others are better in wintersport in general.  or was that a joke exactly because it only was one time?

Yeah I was only half-serious. We are pretty good at winter sports, I think we do really well at skiing and a few other events, but yeah I do admit in general the USA is usually better than us, among others. 

Marks said:
crissindahouse said:
Marks said:

Yeah I was only half-serious. We are pretty good at winter sports, I think we do really well at skiing and a few other events, but yeah I do admit in general the USA is usually better than us, among others. 

at least exactly those sports you are good in will get even more medals to win in the future. snowboard and freestyle will get more events in sochi and i believe you are good in both. and as example we gemans have no clue about freestyle so this will hurt us a lot lol :(

so maybe you will be top three in sochi as well! i'm sure russia will win but after russia, i don't now...