By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Review the new gamrreview.com site!~ Vgchart Site split if you did not know what this is. they are moving today!!! :(

Tagged games:

What grade do you give it?

A 6 12.77%

B 4 8.51%

C 9 19.15%

D 8 17.02%

E (The new "F"... 2 4.26%

Pass 1 2.13%

Epic Fail 10 21.28%

Other 0 0%

See resultz 7 14.89%

Total:47
rocketpig said:

Really? A separate domain? Really?

Come on, guys. To read about soccer on ESPN, I don't go to SoccerOnESPN.com. To read about IGN reviews, I don't go to ReallyRadIGNGameReviews.com.

The subdomains made sense. It's a good way of breaking up segments of the site into SEO-friendly and type-able addresses. But subdomains should be transparent to the user. If I go to IGN.com and click on PS3 reviews, I don't even notice that I've been moved to ps3.ign.com. It still looks like IGN, feels like IGN, and I can navigate to everything the site offers in a click or two, knowing that I'm going to stay on IGN. IGN, IGN, IGN. It's everywhere on their site. They're a brand. People trust them. Their name and logo is a valuable commodity and they use it.

This is all Branding & Development 101 material, guys. Don't confuse your customers. Keep them on your site. Make sure they know they're on your site. Unity, not disparity.

This

transparent subdomains as rocketpig mentioned is the way to go  .

My concern is how long before the site is changed again.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

And we're movin' right now. Little earlier than I expected but I'm excited to see how things go. So long VGChartz reviews, and thanks for all the fish.

Torillian said:

And we're movin' right now. Little earlier than I expected but I'm excited to see how things go. So long VGChartz reviews, and thanks for all the fish.

I was a little worried when I saw that my gamrReview functionality had been removed, but now all is well again.

I'm hoping you guys will be visiting every now and again, we'll have articles aside from the reviews and previews too, so hopefully you will find something that is good and relevant to you!

spurgeonryan said:
!!! So more stuff will be missing? Goodbye torrilian. Will you still be an admin moderator here? What about machina and kantor? Or will you split your time between sites?

Well I'll still be a moderator on GameWise but probably not on VGChartz since I believe that's Seece's baby and he's never liked my hippy "even if I disagree with them they have a right to say it" style for stupid posts about gay people or political stuff.  Machina will be on GameWise a lot, I think he'll be head moderator there, I don't know where Kantor is going for moderator purposes.  

I'll migrate to one forum or the other I'm sure, will just have to see.

Best of luck to you guys. It will be interesting.

Around the Network

Honestly, I think it looks excellent. Simple, easy to read, and visually appealing.

I don't read a whole lot of reviews, but given that I want to read one, I will defiantly be visiting the new website.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

So instead of visiting one site that has what I want to view, I'm going to have to visit two or three now? Hmm...if so then I don't think I will like it. What's going to be different by separating the sites and are they going to be better? Well, I guess I'll wait to see the finished products before I make a decision.

I think we all can agree MattSteel has the best Reviewer Profile Image so far!

Former something....

Shadowfest3 said:
So instead of visiting one site that has what I want to view, I'm going to have to visit two or three now? Hmm...if so then I don't think I will like it. What's going to be different by separating the sites and are they going to be better? Well, I guess I'll wait to see the finished products before I make a decision.

It will be 3 sites. gamrreview for reviews, vgchartz for sales and gamewise for the database/gaming forums/etc.

http://www.gamrreview.com/review/7474/review-final-fantasy-xiii/

Someone used Catherine screenshot as banner for FF XIII, the pink hair got them confused. you guys are going to miss me on GamrReview