By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Diamonds Are Forever Review

I liked The Medicine Man.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
I liked The Medicine Man.

It's better than Entrapment.



Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

How do you know the insider information, like the director's choice in the crashes and all, and if it's from old magazines, how do you still remember? The memory some people have, it baffles me.

The main reason why I like reading the review is the cadence. A lot of movies nowadays are just fast paced. The pace of the review is smooth, and I think older movies had a better rhythm in general. I'm really sensitive to that personally, and I like older movies for that.

Last year I had cable (sadly don't anymore), and we had Turner Classic Movies, a channel with silver screen movies on it. I got to watch a few classics, notably Cool Hand Luke and The Defiant Ones. I think I might be old school guys. haha, I'm also starting to get interested in litterature (books) in general.



happydolphin said:
How do you know the insider information, like the director's choice in the crashes and all, and if it's from old magazines, how do you still remember? The memory some people have, it baffles me.

The main reason why I like reading the review is the cadence. A lot of movies nowadays are just fast paced. The pace of the review is smooth, and I think older movies had a better rhythm in general. I'm really sensitive to that personally, and I like older movies for that.

Last year I had cable (sadly don't anymore), and we had Turner Classic Movies, a channel with silver screen movies on it. I got to watch a few classics, notably Cool Hand Luke and The Defiant Ones. I think I might be old school guys. haha, I'm also starting to get interested in litterature (books) in general.


Lol! You are old school. Ever hear of imdb.com or the internet?

 

I have a ton of old classics on VHS. Watch them all the time. Huphrey bogart has turned into one of my favorites. My kids like The 3 Stooges (great add to the MAN thread!) Sadly since I am not in the MAN thread I can say that I never like them.

I love Charles Dickens books. I am still reading David Copperfield. Very good book, but at 2 million pages I take a lot of breaks.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

@ happy dolphin

I do research certain things, but guess that I have a fairly good memory. I was the guy that never did his homework, but got A's on all of the tests so I would slide by...

The compliments on my style are greatly appreciated. I think that too many reviewers try to rush through things in order to not be too long. The trick I think is to not be boring. Hopefully I'm not...

I like a lot of the old classics myself. The majority of the new stuff is junk IMO. Story is secondary to explosions and quick editing.



Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
amp316 said:

@ happy dolphin

I do research certain things, but guess that I have a fairly good memory. I was the guy that never did his homework, but got A's on all of the tests so I would slide by...

The compliments on my style are greatly appreciated. I think that too many reviewers try to rush through things in order to not be too long. The trick I think is to not be boring. Hopefully I'm not.

I like a lot of the old classics myself. The majority of the new stuff is junk IMO. Story is secondary to explosions and quick editing.


M.I 4 was pure greatness! So was Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows.

 

 

 



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

amp316 said:

@ happy dolphin

I do research certain things, but guess that I have a fairly good memory. I was the guy that never did his homework, but got A's on all of the tests so I would slide by...

The compliments on my style are greatly appreciated. I think that too many reviewers try to rush through things in order to not be too long. The trick I think is to not be boring. Hopefully I'm not.

I like a lot of the old classics myself. The majority of the new stuff is junk IMO. Story is secondary to explosions and quick editing.

@bold. I can greatly eccho this sentiment. I think that's why I've been migrating to books (very new) and TV series lately. I'm also hoping video games can really one day take inspiration from the old way of making movies with humor, class, story, charming characters and much deeper plotlines.

If I can go more in depth, the other thing I liked about the review is that it focuses on the essential, and leaves the unessential aside. Also, possibly the manner in which it's written makes at an enjoyable read. Sometimes I read things and I just want to throw the medium under a tank, but at other times, the writer is able to captivate me by their prose. I'm really getting into litterature it seems :P We'll see where this goes.

Back to Bond, without making any promises, I'll see if I can get my hands on the series. In the mean time, I did you guys a favor and made a nice list in the CatchUp thread.



amp316 said:

Also, don't ever mention Zardoz in any of my threads again.  That's a horrible black mark on Sir Sean Connery's wonderful career.  It's even worse than Never Say Never Again.  :p     

Are you going to review Never Say Never Again? I actually enjoyed it. *runs away*



brendude13 said:
amp316 said:

Also, don't ever mention Zardoz in any of my threads again.  That's a horrible black mark on Sir Sean Connery's wonderful career.  It's even worse than Never Say Never Again.  :p     

Are you going to review Never Say Never Again? I actually enjoyed it. *runs away*


I'm reviewing every Bond movie ever made.  Muahahahaha.

*I enjoyed it too.  Just not as much as most of the others*



Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Dr.Grass said:
I'm not many people care about 007 movies.

I just want to say that diamonds aren't forever. In fact, at standard temperature and pressure, a diamond turns into charcoal.


Interesting if true. Can you provide a source?