By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Do you consider him a terrorist?

Women, kids among 16 dead in U.S. soldier’s Afghanistan rampage

Moving from house to house, a U.S. Army sergeant opened fire Sunday on Afghan villagers as they slept, killing 16 people — mostly women and children — in an attack that reignited fury at the U.S. presence 

http://www.suntimes.com/news/world/11215847-418/women-kids-among-16-dead-in-us-soldiers-afghanistan-rampage.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2012/mar/12/us-soldier-kills-afghans-video

Will you call him a terrorist? If Yes, why? if no, why?

Around the Network

I was waiting for someone to post something about this....

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

No, but I think he qualifies as a serial killer or something of that ilk.

Love and tolerate.

Those who give their opinion on the matter should state what county they live in. I'm curious..

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

If his purpose was to spread terror among the villagers, then yes, of course.

Edit: @HesAPooka I'm from Sweden

Another edit: Looks like he's got some mental problems. In that case it's definitely not terrorism.

Around the Network

Terrorism is the use of terror to motivate someone to act the way you want them to act, or something along those lines I think. In which case basically every single war, and incident in a war could be considered terrorism, since terror is such a broad term. So if this soldier was trying to send some kind of message, than yes this was an act of terrorism.

According to Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism

Answer is no, from the reports given this indecent is more likely a random spree of killing.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

The claim is that he had a mental breakdown. If so he's neither a terrorist or serial killer. He's more like one of those whigged out kids that goes on a shooting rampage at school. Tragic and horrible, but not terrorism or serial killing.

If it turns out he didn't lose his nut then he's obviously gotta be something else.

I'm inclined to go for mental dysfunction.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

No. He's not killing people for any political motivation.

He killed people because he went fucking nuts due to a mental breakdown.

He's like your typical guy who "goes postal" after being fired or a kid who shoots up a school.

I think this happened for any number of reasons. I read that it was a single soldier who did the shooting, but I also read that it was a few soldier who actually went into the village (but only one did the shooting). Could be they got drunk and decided to have some personal revenge. Could be that the stress of war got to him, or could be that a group of people planned an attack. The soldier went into three different houses and shot people. Takes time for someone to shoot at three different houses so clearly he could have been stopped sooner if there were people with him, and considering it happened at 2am I doubt he was off by himself.

All I know is no matter what the truth is. It will come out that it was on soldier who acted alone who had mental problems.

Oh, and I'm from Canada, and do think there is an element of terrorism involved since if he just went crazy he could have easily shot his own countymen.