By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSV v 3DS v PSP v DS - TRUE Aligned launch - Week 80 update. BRUTAL

VicViper said:

It's amazing that the system that had the best launch by far is now on-track to become the second worst selling of them all. And with a similar amplitude as the Dreamcast. This is unacceptable, Sony just forgot Japan and now it's trying to fix it, but it needs more, way more!

Wow, awesome graph. Two questions: 1) where from? And 2) what are Fam and MC (Never mind: Famitsu and Media Create). Your contributions in this thread are awesome.

@OP. very nice thread. Took me time to understand the difference between this and the article ones, but it all makes sense now.

Request: would it be possible to mention respective Vita PSP launch dates between each graph as also suggested by Rol?

@kowen, I have also noticed an improvement in the quality of your posts, don't let the past spoil your positive direction. I can say the same for ethomaz. Good job in sticking to numbers guys and let the data do the talking.

@vgchartz. Look at how far we've come from the PS2 to PS3 paradox of LTD vs aligned launch. VGChartz is awesome and more awesome by the day. Let's keep kicking ass guys and gals!

Around the Network

Nice graphics, I llok forward to see them updated

happydolphin said:
VicViper said:

It's amazing that the system that had the best launch by far is now on-track to become the second worst selling of them all. And with a similar amplitude as the Dreamcast. This is unacceptable, Sony just forgot Japan and now it's trying to fix it, but it needs more, way more!

Wow, awesome graph. Two questions: 1) where from? And 2) what are Fam and MC. Your contributions in this thread are awesome.

@OP. very nice thread. Took me time to understand the difference between this and the article ones, but it all makes sense now.

Request: would it be possible to mention respective Vita PSP launch dates between each graph as also suggested by Rol?

@kowen, I have also noticed an improvement in the quality of your posts, don't let the past spoil your positive direction. I can say the same for ethomaz. Good job in sticking to numbers guys and let the data do the talking.

@vgchartz. Look at how far we've come from the PS2 to PS3 paradox of LTD vs aligned launch. VGChartz is awesome and more awesome by the day. Let's keep kicking ass guys and gals!

Thanks, but the credit is not mine. The graph is from Neogaf - if you think Vita is doomed here, you have no idea how it's there!

MC is Media Create and FAM is Famitsu - two different sales trackers. MC numbers are usually more respected, but famitsu numbers are so similar that you can use any you want. Famitsu is good for old data too, since Media Create is more recent.

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:

Whoa, I had no idea it sold that much at launch!!

The graph is a little distrubing for Japan, but they have some amazing content coming soon. Little Busters, Robo Taisen, MGS, Persona, new atlus game, Inafune game, dragon's crown, monster hunter etc etc

If you stretch the definition of "soon" and add an unannounced Monster Hunter, then things really aren't looking that bad for the PSV.

Well, out of a ten year lifetime, within a year is pretty soon :D

about monster hunter, eh, I'm not concerned. Capcom said they went multiplat, not, "we are switching from one console to another"

Wait wait wait how does theprof00 get away with calling people trolls? I was modded for doing similar things. Not only that but EVERYONE else in the thread thinks it's unbiased and he is throwing insults around. If everyone is saying something is unbiased and you are screaming that they are wrong and you are right well it's kinda clear where the bias lies.

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Around the Network
Zim said:
Wait wait wait how does theprof00 get away with calling people trolls? I was modded for doing similar things. Not only that but EVERYONE else in the thread thinks it's unbiased and he is throwing insults around. If everyone is saying something is unbiased and you are screaming that they are wrong and you are right well it's kinda clear where the bias lies.

Dude, can you just drop it. There are other ways to deal with this, let's just get back to the numbers.

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:

about monster hunter, eh, I'm not concerned. Capcom said they went multiplat, not, "we are switching from one console to another"

You should be running in a circle and panicking though. Why are Capcom and Sony holding the announcement back? Do they want to see current PSV sales suffering?

Captivate. It'll have an announcement there. It's simply inconceivable not to think so, I still think it's impossible that Nintendo paid exclusivity for this.

Remember, MH was announced several months after 3DS launch. And for Vita they probably had to wait more because they will have to change the game a lot, since it's not PSP assets anymore. The question is if it's going to be released at the same time or after the 3ds version, because after the damage is done, there's no way to rebuild it and most of the fanbase will be lost.

You know if you were to map out a line in keeping with Vita's current growth trend the only place they would be having trouble would be Japan. Sure the other countries would be under the psp, but not by much (300k~400k) You can't really tell from this chart because it needs to show more than 20 weeks worth. I'd really say wait a few more weeks/months before you can start to analyze anything on the growth of the handheld. While you wait, feel free to buy a Vita.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:

You should be running in a circle and panicking though. Why are Capcom and Sony holding the announcement back? Do they want to see current PSV sales suffering?

why would I do that?

It's obviously going to have it. I don't know what deals were done, and I'm not going to be the guy that screams money-hat. It's obviously coming to psv, it doesn't make a lie of sense for capcom to go exclusively 3ds when mh 3ds has just not reached the sales of the very first psp mh.

@Chark. For now, it's really there to contrast with the article's metrics, and also offer a starting point for upcoming numbers and updates.