By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSV v 3DS v PSP v DS - TRUE Aligned launch - Week 80 update. BRUTAL

theprof00 said:
Rol why cant you ever just politely admit that i have a point.
Are you capable of treating anyone with drcency? Or is it only peole who agree witg you who deserve to be praised for their insiight?

What is your point exactly? That the OP guy is biased against your favorite company and modifies his arguments accordingly? I'm still trying to figure out what your point is because nothing you've put together so far really makes any sense.

The first example showed that he was stating the install base of the Xbox360 was larger than the install base of the PS3 which it was.

In this thread he's showing that some previous graphs  show that the Vita is selling on par with what the PSP did at launch. While that's true it's important to understand that the first graphs represented the sales from one region for the PSP while the Vita sales are from all three.

How does the above show that he's cherry picking his arguments?

Rol is one of the best debaters on this site. he'll probably treat you with respect when you can put together some logical arguments.

Around the Network

While I agree that each graph tells a different story, there is good stories and bad ones to tell, and this one showed in the OP is the most accurate view of what's happening. This is no agenda, as there are worse graphs that could be made (there are some pretty nasty ones on Neogaf - involving sub-dreamcast numbers, and if you remember dreamcast had 5 games in japan at this point in lifetime), but those showed here are as factual as they can get.

You, theproof, should know that all doom must be fought with sales, not with spinning. If Vita is going to leave this "doom-zone", is all up to Sony and Vita, not to positive view from the internet. Post your graphs, tell your story, but don't discredit other stories. If most people believe your story, you'll "win" against Kowenicki. Of course, I think this 3 regions vs 3 regions is much more accurate than 3 vs 1.

kowenicki said:
RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:
Are you capable of treating anyone with drcency? Or is it only peole who agree witg you who deserve to be praised for their insiight?

I don't know what you expect, nor do I think that I was impolite in my last response. If I say that kowenicki is the kettle, then that means as much as "guilty as charged". In other words, you do have a point.

However, this thread is comparable to the response to the early PS2 vs. PS3 comparison where many people concluded that the PS3 isn't doing bad. This comparison was putting worldwide numbers against Japanese PS2 numbers, plus a console that is in ample supply against one that is still hampered by production shortages. So everytime this flawed PS2 vs. PS3 comparison came up, several people pointed out the staggered launch and that launch aligned by region, the PS3 is actually already notably behind the PS2. Were these people trolls or were they just posting a more truthful comparison? Based on how you responded to this thread, you would have to call them trolls.

You also have a different perception of kowenicki than I do. He used to be much slier back in the day, he even sported a Sackboy avatar. I remember taking digs at him occasionally, because that's how I treat people that I perceive to be fake. Nowadays he's an open book. Microsoft yay, Sony and Nintendo nay. The problem is more that some Sony fans consider any negative news about Sony trolling instead of, for example, acknowledging or accepting that Sony hasn't been in the best financial shape in recent years.

But anyway, any beef you have with kowenicki is misplaced in this thread, because the graphs here are the most truthful comparisons that can be made. Eventually they will need asterisks too (PSV launched in February in America, PSP in March; PSV launched in February in Europe, PSP in September), but for now they are fine.

Watch your mouth ROL.... I really did love LBP.

My sackboy had a latics football shirt on to show my one true loyalty...

Even you misunderstand me I see... I'm not Sony and Nintendo nay.  Put it this way... I dont really hate Man United that much... but their fans drive me up the wall.

You're a fan of which team? If it's Arsenal, my sentiments :)

kowenicki said:
theprof00 said:
Why not just come out snd say it. Kowen? You and i both know what youre referring to a.d its not your conttadiction.
Youre calling me a fanbiy, right?
So you also agree with my point them that youve gotten really good at insulting dissenters by flying under the radar?

isnt that what you just did a number of times?

You seem slighlty out of kilter with everyone else in this discussion... why do you think that is?

Look, I dont give a rats arse what you think or say but if you continue to derail this or any other thread I start then I will report you... its very very simple, stop spoiling discussion for others.

I sincerely apologize for disrespecting the thread. I honestly believed that this place was as good as any, because I'm sure as hell not going to make a thread graphing my dislike (aligned for member start date, of course).

I'm talking to respondees in pms and I will keep it there. Again, you have a right to post this, and despite that thiese graphs have been posted a bazillion times (in your own words), it is not my place to say it doesn't deserve yet another thread.

good day.

kowenicki said:
Paul said:
Great post. You should update it weekly.

I will keep the records and will update now and then.

Whats your view on this?  Sony like to use the word momentum... Vita has none at the moment.

It would also be interesting to see the gap with 3DS in another graph.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
VicViper said:
kowenicki said:
RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:

I don't know what you expect, nor do I think that I was impolite in my last response. If I say that kowenicki is the kettle, then that means as much as "guilty as charged". In other words, you do have a point.

However, this thread is comparable to the response to the early PS2 vs. PS3 comparison where many people concluded that the PS3 isn't doing bad. This comparison was putting worldwide numbers against Japanese PS2 numbers, plus a console that is in ample supply against one that is still hampered by production shortages. So everytime this flawed PS2 vs. PS3 comparison came up, several people pointed out the staggered launch and that launch aligned by region, the PS3 is actually already notably behind the PS2. Were these people trolls or were they just posting a more truthful comparison? Based on how you responded to this thread, you would have to call them trolls.

You also have a different perception of kowenicki than I do. He used to be much slier back in the day, he even sported a Sackboy avatar. I remember taking digs at him occasionally, because that's how I treat people that I perceive to be fake. Nowadays he's an open book. Microsoft yay, Sony and Nintendo nay. The problem is more that some Sony fans consider any negative news about Sony trolling instead of, for example, acknowledging or accepting that Sony hasn't been in the best financial shape in recent years.

But anyway, any beef you have with kowenicki is misplaced in this thread, because the graphs here are the most truthful comparisons that can be made. Eventually they will need asterisks too (PSV launched in February in America, PSP in March; PSV launched in February in Europe, PSP in September), but for now they are fine.

Watch your mouth ROL.... I really did love LBP.

My sackboy had a latics football shirt on to show my one true loyalty...

Even you misunderstand me I see... I'm not Sony and Nintendo nay.  Put it this way... I dont really hate Man United that much... but their fans drive me up the wall.

You're a fan of which team? If it's Arsenal, my sentiments :)

you wont have heard of them unfortunately....

Lets just say my choice of football team shows a degree of loyalty way beyond normal expectations.

C'mon say it, if it's not a team from League 2 there's a good chance I might know it. English football is huge here.

And look at the bright side, it's very hard to root for a worse team than the one I do.

It's amazing that the system that had the best launch by far is now on-track to become the second worst selling of them all. And with a similar amplitude as the Dreamcast. This is unacceptable, Sony just forgot Japan and now it's trying to fix it, but it needs more, way more!

kowenicki said:
atma998 said:
kowenicki said:
Paul said:
Great post. You should update it weekly.

I will keep the records and will update now and then.

Whats your view on this?  Sony like to use the word momentum... Vita has none at the moment.

It would also be interesting to see the gap with 3DS in another graph.

My actual graph has that.

I edited it for these purposes.

Next time i update it will include 3ds again

Cool. It will be great to see how things have developed by next January.

Excellent, and slightly worrying graph.

VicViper said:

It's amazing that the system that had the best launch by far is now on-track to become the second worst selling of them all. And with a similar amplitude as the Dreamcast. This is unacceptable, Sony just forgot Japan and now it's trying to fix it, but it needs more, way more!

Whoa, I had no idea it sold that much at launch!!

The graph is a little distrubing for Japan, but they have some amazing content coming soon. Little Busters, Robo Taisen, MGS, Persona, new atlus game, Inafune game, dragon's crown, monster hunter etc etc