By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrDebate- Goodbye to GAME... (and what went wrong?) UPDATE** "Saviour" found?

Is there still a point in having dedicated games stores?

Yes! 59 72.84%

No! 14 17.28%

See results. 7 8.64%

Total:80
spurgeonryan said:
I would suspect that even if they bought those games and went out of business they would still sell. When game crazy went under over here, they slowly went down in price. 10 percent off, then 25, then 50 percent. Most of the new big games were swiped up at 10 percent off and 25 percent off so they really still made money or lossed very little. Also if gamestop really does purchase them I would assume that they would buy up a lot of their stock as well. So if they would have done business as usual it probably would have helped and not hurt them. Especially with mass effect! No reason for that. (IMO)

I agree with Mass Effect. There was no need to not stock that.

And, we can only hope really, eh? I'd like to see the company going. But I don't know if it would benefit Gamestop.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Gamestation in my town was always busy the two Game stores on the other hand where always empty.

With online being so big now companies like game just cant compete with the price in the end the world will have like 10 companies that run everything

Their online stock has almost ran out too. I've got £5 credit to spend online by the end of the month because they couldn't supply my preorder for RE:ORC. There's just nothing left really. Such a shame. May pop up to see whats left in my local store later.

RedInker said:
Their online stock has almost ran out too. I've got £5 credit to spend online by the end of the month because they couldn't supply my preorder for RE:ORC. There's just nothing left really. Such a shame. May pop up to see whats left in my local store later.

There'll probably be nothing in your local shop as well. I tried to be rid of my 20 quid credit a while back and all they really had was several copies of PES and Fifa '08.

Around the Network

Anser to the pol: YES! Of course! I like my physical game copies.

I got myself £40 of eshop points and Advance Wars Dark Conflict for 98p!

I have £2 of my credit left...

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Great article. Not so great for GAME though.

Yay!!!

That's funny, the guy at GAME the other day - like yesterday actually was assuring the customer that GAME will be there for a long time, "They've said that we're going under 8 months ago.. and well, we're still here, so don't worry" those were his exact words, ironic that it's official that they're closing less than 24 hours later.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Katzenjammer said:
RedInker said:

There'll probably be nothing in your local shop as well. I tried to be rid of my 20 quid credit a while back and all they really had was several copies of PES and Fifa '08.

There wasn't too much there. Managed to get Disaster day of Crisis for £2.98 and Aliens Infestation for £7.98. Used some of my points so got both for £5.96. Bargain. You're right about Fifa '08. They had plenty of copies of that.