By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Pope denounces U.S. political push to legalize gay marriage

I honestly don't see how divorce is "great" for society or the economy.

Around the Network
marioboy2004 said:
I honestly don't see how divorce is "great" for society or the economy.

but i hope you do see what is "great" about being able to divorce a abusive husband?

and how is it bad for the economy? Divorce means people have to be paid, more living space is needed, money is distributed, two new possible weddings that need to be arranged and paid for....

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Player1x3 said:
kowenicki said:
Whats unusual about that...? quite a few other out of touch and very elderly people in the home for the bewildered down the road from me think the same... so long as they take their meds they are fine. I assume he is taking his?

He is irrelevant, his church is irrelevant... actually, thinking about it.... HIS church is dangerous

Yup they are irrelevant...thats why he and his church have 2.2 billion followers. Its not that much, just 1/3 of world population...

Major Ops, you confused the number of Roman Catholics in the world with the number of Christians.  The number of Roman Catholics is half that - even by their own generous numbers.

And most Christians don't really care what the Pope has to say.  Like Kim Kardashian, he has an excellent press agent.

Plus, their are other forms of Catholicism, and in the USA we have the American Catholic Church which is just as happy to marry a same sex couple as an opposite sex couple.

Give them Roman Catholic Church some time and they will come back around.  It’s only since 1949 was the first Black and White mix race marriage in ‘liberal’ California.  And they used to perform same sex ceremonies that were just about the same as opposite sex ones.

Makes one wonder why they aren't more concered with helping medical research to cure sick children than fighting gay people's rights.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Porcupine; Divorce does not stimulate the economy. Have you ever been a single mother trying to raise children and working to support them. C'mon, other than war alot of our money goes to helping those in need with welfare- which single mothers need in order to sustain their families. You obviously don't realize how hard it is to be a single mother. Babysitters are not free. The mother usually has to work full-time or watch the kids. Either way, in most cases, welfare needs to be given to sustain the family. Now if your idea of economic stimulation is to promote more people to be on welfare than I guess you must also believe 2 + 2= 5.

marioboy2004 said:
Porcupine; Divorce does not stimulate the economy. Have you ever been a single mother trying to raise children and working to support them. C'mon, other than war alot of our money goes to helping those in need with welfare- which single mothers need in order to sustain their families. You obviously don't realize how hard it is to be a single mother. Babysitters are not free. The mother usually has to work full-time or watch the kids. Either way, in most cases, welfare needs to be given to sustain the family. Now if your idea of economic stimulation is to promote more people to be on welfare than I guess you must also believe 2 + 2= 5.

And what you need to relaize is every last cent of the single mothers money AND the welfare money is pumped into the economy again. i am not saying it is a good thing, but the economy loves it!People spending all their money? It doesn't get any better for economy then that.

and surely you realize not every divorce ends that way either.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

Pffft! denouncing gay marriage... All the Pope did was steal Rick Santorum's idea.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Porcupine; I guess you like when people go on welfare after divorce instead of using our tax dollars to fix roads or help with education. Money is only a resource but quality of life should also be considered. Studies show that children raised in a broken family are more likely to abuse drugs, join gangs, be delinquent etc. I guess your idea of economic stimulation would also be to pay for the drug abusers rehabilitation, the gang members prision cells (cause more prision cells is better for American society), and maybe even help stimulate the clean-up economy so they can be paid to remove grafitti from state and judicial buildings. Go back to school and acquire an education please, I feel scared for your kids.

By the way we will not persuade one anothers stubborn ways, but atleast my arguments are logical and yours cease to make COMMON sense.

marioboy2004 said:
Porcupine; I guess you like when people go on welfare after divorce instead of using our tax dollars to fix roads or help with education. Money is only a resource but quality of life should also be considered. Studies show that children raised in a broken family are more likely to abuse drugs, join gangs, be delinquent etc. I guess your idea of economic stimulation would also be to pay for the drug abusers rehabilitation, the gang members prision cells (cause more prision cells is better for American society), and maybe even help stimulate the clean-up economy so they can be paid to remove grafitti from state and judicial buildings. Go back to school and acquire an education please, I feel scared for your kids.

so now you completely disregard your own subject, the economy, and talk about society, also completely ignoring the fact that i specifically stated that i did not regard the situation of a unsupported single mother as a good thing. Instead you go ahead and accusing me of being happy about the misfortune of others.

why would you do that?

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Ah, the "definition" of marriage. Definitions change, and our new definition of the concept has been slightly expanded to facilitate the happiness of a wider spectrum of the population.

Deal with it, you bigoted asshole.

Catholics are really starting to piss me off. /former Catholic living with a family of Catholics