By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Question for people who at one time or another owned a psp

Tagged games:

What did you think of the PSP analog stick?

I loved it, it did exactl... 5 7.25%

It was good, can't really complain 13 18.84%

It wasn't bad, not great, not bad either. 23 33.33%

It was annoying but I cou... 17 24.64%

I hated the damn thing, I... 4 5.80%

PSP? People bought that? 7 10.14%

Total:69

I didn't even know what the hell it was initially. The first thing I did with my PSP was try to play flow, and I must have frantically mashed buttons for a good five to ten minutes trying to move before I stumbled upon that... thing.

It was functional. I didn't find it offensively bad, nor was it especially good.

Around the Network

I was probably blinded by the fact that Monster Hunter Freedom was coming to US, so when I got the psp nothing else mattered. I do not remember it bothering me. I thought it controlled very well for being what it was. The feel wasn't the best but to me it had good grip.

The nub that does bother me is the 3DS's. Hopefully there will be some way to customize it. My finger didn't slip off the psp's nub (it isn't the greatest thing in the world don't get me wrong) You could buy those nubs for the psp 1000 that stuck out like a ps3 controller; those things were AWESOME.

Izo said:
I was probably blinded by the fact that Monster Hunter Freedom was coming to US, so when I got the psp nothing else mattered. I do not remember it bothering me. I thought it controlled very well for being what it was. The feel wasn't the best but to me it had good grip.

The nub that does bother me is the 3DS's. Hopefully there will be some way to customize it. My finger didn't slip off the psp's nub (it isn't the greatest thing in the world don't get me wrong) You could buy those nubs for the psp 1000 that stuck out like a ps3 controller; those things were AWESOME.

That actually exist in Japan for the 3DS. They probably won't be released over here, but I never stop dreaming!

it was uncomfortable.

Not particularly bad, but not good. Though since there was only 1 a lot of games controlled sub-par, that wouldn't have otherwise.

Hmm, I think it was a decent nub.
I had some problems with finger slipping a bit, and it really required a certain way to control (like how you can "push the edge" of a true stick with the base of your thumb OR rest your thumb on top). You really had to have your thumb on top of it, which made for some exertion.

Other than that, I can't say it was bad. It's definitely not as good as these ones, but it was still a very functional stick.

Around the Network

I will be buying one of these then. 3DS will be perfect after that.

I like the nub, probably because they was nothing like it at the time. If I would try it today i'm not sure if id like it or would hate it because i'm used to the 3ds and because I havnt touched my psp in the last 2years.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

When I first used my PSP, the nub felt pretty weird. It took some extensive time with Wipeout Pure to really get used to it, but now it feels pretty natural and I don't really have any problems with it.

I hated it a first cause i wasn't used to it, but after a while i didn't mind it, same with the vita analog controls as well