By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Question for people who at one time or another owned a psp

Tagged games:

What did you think of the PSP analog stick?

I loved it, it did exactl... 5 7.25%

It was good, can't really complain 13 18.84%

It wasn't bad, not great, not bad either. 23 33.33%

It was annoying but I cou... 17 24.64%

I hated the damn thing, I... 4 5.80%

PSP? People bought that? 7 10.14%

Total:69

The first time I tried it with my PSP-1000, I hated it.
Now, I absolutely detest it.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network

Its serviceable but there was a ton of room for improvement

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

To be honest the first time I played the PSP was in a game store with medievil playing. As I walk up to the devise I then put in my hands and looked a it, I then started to "play" the game the D-Pad didnt seem to work I assumed something was wrong thinking it was broken or something... I thought the nub was a speaker it was when I bought my own PSP playing Spiderman 2 when I realised I was an idiot.

To answer your question I like it but was always afraid i'd break it.

I never had a problem with it, even now holding it in my hands it seems fine to me - about the same as the vita's analogs. It's funny the buttons seem huge after playing the vita.

-Newcloud- said:
To be honest the first time I played the PSP was in a game store with medievil playing. As I walk up to the devise I then put in my hands and looked a it, I then started to "play" the game the D-Pad didnt seem to work I assumed something was wrong thinking it was broken or something... I thought the nub was a speaker it was when I bought my own PSP playing Spiderman 2 when I realised I was an idiot.

Oh I thought the same when I looked at pics on the internet.

Well my girlfriend has a PSP and the nub is really not that good.

Around the Network

Don't like it. Whenever i had the chance to use the D-pad i would.

-Newcloud- said:

Lol same, I thought someone broke the analag on the store model and this nub was all that was left.

Overall I didn't really mind it, but the Vita analogs are definitely an improvement.

I still don't have a problem with the analog nub on the PSP. I like my Vita's sticks better but the PSP still works fine in my opinion.

It was damn annoying from day one TBH.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

It's okay, but the d-pad is better positioned.

It's always been a dream of mine if you could switch their positions at will (same for 3ds)