By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will PS3 and 360 continue to compete with Wii U for atleast two years more?

Will PS3 and 360 look to continue to compete with Wii U for atleast two years more?

Yes 67 44.97%

No 59 39.60%

Maybe 23 15.44%

Total:149
pezus said:
archbrix said:
pezus said:
Grand theft auto V will kill the Wii U. Enough said

What about GTAV on the WiiU?  All it would need is around 1m copies sold WW to make it a profitable endeavor for Rockstar, given how easy it is to port 360 games to WiiU (not to mention possible incentives from Nintendo).  And having it in its library would benefit WiiU greatly.

GTAV can't be tamed

I just hope that GTAV's soundtrack is better...

Around the Network

Well to be honest the 360 and PS3 could compete well with a barely more advance console compared to the 7 year old Xbox 360 and the 6 year old PS3.

Play4Fun said:
VGKing said:
Depends.

If Wii U sells well then MS/Sony will be forced to release their consoles within the year.

If Wii U doesn't sell well, then MS/Sony can wait until 2014.

MS are aiming for 2013 no matter what.

And Sony said in an interview last year they don't want to launch late after their competitors.

I don't see how launching 2 years after Nintendo and 1 year after MS would benefit Sony except more powerful hardware, which wouldn't be much of an advantage over 2 cheaper consoles with a growing userbase.

I expect all 3 to have successors on the market by  late 2013

If Wii U succeeds> MS force triggers> If MS triggers once, Sony needs to load up. It's likely that Sony follows suit like previous gen but this time, the one year wait can be a real trouble. Now the Wii Brand is to have the 'acid' test before it's poised to ever succeed.

E3 2012 is going to be eagerly awaited for regardless.

Now based on the site: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/342452/wii-u-graphics-less-powerful-than-ps3-xbox-360-developers/, it's very much certain that the PS3 and 360 will continue to compete. I guess Nintendo screwed up big time for 8th gen.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
GameAnalyser said:
It still makes me wonder why Capcom hasn't mentioned Resident Evil 6 on Wii U yet...

That's simply because it hasn't been announced yet. As far as we know they might even change the name to Wii 2 or NES 3 or whatever. And given recent support from Capcom, that title should be released.

Around the Network

Danne my idea of spring is simply because Sonys leak indicated that they would launch within 18 months of August 2011. Microsoft has stated they will not launch last and I know they are aware Sony is rushing as fast as possible to get the PS4 to the market. Sony has stated that they will not launch late, now earlier reports were that Sony would likely launch last new statements indicate Sony believes they will launch first.

Considering comments by both Microsoft and Sony I cannot see them giving Nintendo a year head start. If Sony launches in 2013 they are going to want to launch earlier then Microsoft likewise Microsoft will want to beat Sony to the market.

I was 75% sure that Microsoft was launching this fall. Recent statements from Epic and Microsoft have led me to begin questioning that prediction. Microsoft had initial kits for Nextbox in 2008 I am very confident they had a nearly complete Dev kit already last E3. But Epic made statements suggesting Microsoft was over hauling the systems graphical capabilities the kits believed to be in developers hands is 6x the power of 360 according to Epic that is not sufficient for Unreal4. Epic told a story of when they got Microsoft to upgrade the 360's capabilities at last minute this generation. It apparently cost Microsoft a billion to upgrade and delayed the hardware kits.

I now think Microsoft might be changing their launch strategy and delaying the hardware release so they can adjust it to run Unreal4 as well as use some of Nintendo's tech (copy). But even then Microsoft will be in a hurry to bring the hardware to North America.

I find it highly unlikely that Microsoft or Sony with wait a year if it is at all possible to launch any earlier!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

^^Or maybe Sony's talking shit to make Microsoft rush their console.

darkknightkryta said:
^^Or maybe Sony's talking shit to make Microsoft rush their console

yeah,"release the  scapegoat" strategy...

GameAnalyser said:
darkknightkryta said:
^^Or maybe Sony's talking shit to make Microsoft rush their console

yeah,"release the  scapegoat" strategy...

if this is true, then that would be the smartest thing SOny does in a long time

GameAnalyser said:

Now based on the site: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/342452/wii-u-graphics-less-powerful-than-ps3-xbox-360-developers/, it's very much certain that the PS3 and 360 will continue to compete. I guess Nintendo screwed up big time for 8th gen.

The community is in agreement that this GamesIndustry-originated rumor is bullshit for several reasons, which you can read in any of the several threads devoted to this rumor.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.