By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will PS3 and 360 continue to compete with Wii U for atleast two years more?

Will PS3 and 360 look to continue to compete with Wii U for atleast two years more?

Yes 67 44.97%

No 59 39.60%

Maybe 23 15.44%

Total:149

It depends.

Was the PSP competing with the 3DS when it launched, or did it just have a year's headstart over the Vita?

The same will apply with the Wii U. So long as it gets multiplat games (Assassin's Creed, GTA, COD etc.) and new exclusives, then it will be competing directly with the PS4/neXtBOX in the coming years.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
pezus said:
amp316 said:
pezus said:
Grand theft auto V will kill the Wii U. Enough said

Leo-J?

Is that you?

I am his second coming! GTAV will outsell Mario Kart Wii U and kill the Wii U as soon as it launches. I mean, why should Nintendo bother making Wii U games when they can just do a game on the "true HD" systems and get much higher sales!

I can't wait for your Lady Gaga threads.

OT  Yes, they will look to compete with the Wii U for two years.  Whether or not it happens, we shall see. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
GameAnalyser said:

Well, with Wii U looking to release towards the end of 2012, PS4 and nextbox might be making us wait longer despite the rumours floatiing around. So, are there chances that Wii U could be the third HD twin, for  the moment atleast with better hardware?

If there's three of you, you can't be a twin.

It would make you a triplet.

Sure, it makes sense.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
GameAnalyser said:
It still makes me wonder why Capcom hasn't mentioned Resident Evil 6 on Wii U yet...

That's simply because it hasn't been announced yet. As far as we know they might even change the name to Wii 2 or NES 3 or whatever. And given recent support from Capcom, that title should be released.

Who says that was the simple reason to be keeping Capcom from announcing it, when scores of other titles are already up announced? IMO, it's high time they confirm/announce their version by already signing up to be on board.

No, at most WiiU will have a year head start.

Around the Network
GameAnalyser said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
GameAnalyser said:
It still makes me wonder why Capcom hasn't mentioned Resident Evil 6 on Wii U yet...

That's simply because it hasn't been announced yet. As far as we know they might even change the name to Wii 2 or NES 3 or whatever. And given recent support from Capcom, that title should be released.

Who says that was the simple reason to be keeping Capcom from announcing it, when scores of other titles are already up announced? IMO, it's high time they confirm/announce their version by already signing up to be on board.

Hmm... Good point.

If anything, this indicates that the game won't be released for it.

Depends.

If Wii U sells well then MS/Sony will be forced to release their consoles within the year.

If Wii U doesn't sell well, then MS/Sony can wait until 2014.

VGKing said:
Depends.

If Wii U sells well then MS/Sony will be forced to release their consoles within the year.

This seems reasonable

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

VGKing said:
Depends.

MS are aiming for 2013 no matter what.

And Sony said in an interview last year they don't want to launch late after their competitors.

I don't see how launching 2 years after Nintendo and 1 year after MS would benefit Sony except more powerful hardware, which wouldn't be much of an advantage over 2 cheaper consoles with a growing userbase.

I expect all 3 to have successors on the market by  late 2013.

No simply put no they won't. PS3 and 360 are both obsolete now and game developers are ready to develop on new hardware. We know Microsoft's nextbox is coming by spring 2013 at the latest meaning no two years. Fact is I am still pretty sure next box is coming this holiday season if it doesn't make this holiday season Microsoft intended this season and just couldn't make the deadline.

Sony might wait till late 2013 but early 2014 will be the absolute latest and that too won't be two years.

None of the competitors will sit by and let Nintendo get a year or two head start. Heck we don't know the full power of the WiiU. In fact I still have not heard Nintendo has given out the final kit. I suspect Nintendo's final kit will be delivered at E3.

Wii was considered a last generation console by many but guess what it kicked everyone's ass. Microsoft is not going to be stupid they will counter Nintendo as fast as they possibly can also considering Microsoft's console isn't likely going to be a massive graphical upgrade itself they cannot give Nintendo a year head start let alone two.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer