By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo News Thread: "Born a Nintendo Fan, die a Nintendo fan!

Tagged games:

What would you give for Nintendo to be #1 again this gen?

500 dollars 1,316 72.35%

Kidney 2 0.11%

Soul 9 0.49%

virginity 16 0.88%

Your favorite puppy 6 0.33%

Your 1,000 dollar copy of Xenoblades 8 0.44%

An hour of your time 26 1.43%

Other ( post below) 6 0.33%

....Left testicle.... 13 0.71%

Pezus's freedom 22 1.21%

Total:1,424

Yeah I read a Review for that transformers game! Seems promising, but I'll wait until I read some more Good reviews of it.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Has Nintendo talked about whetever the youtube service will show the videos on the tv in thier native format like 720 or 1080p because it seems pretty low quality shown in the nintendo direct

If it weren't for turn based battle I might have gotten it... Probably not as it is now

spurgeonryan said:
DanneSandin said:
If it weren't for turn based battle I might have gotten it... Probably not as it is now

You talking about pokemon or DRagon Qeust?

Oh, DQ ^^

Computerandvideogames.com put up a very interesting and revelaing feature on how Wii came to be. It`s really something!

Headline: "Nintendo insiders speak: How Microsoft and Sony were a handshake away from thwarting the Wii, and how its motion controller was born on an airplane"

Link to article: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/378029/features/revolution-the-story-of-wii/

Please, do take a look!

Around the Network

"One of the weirdest days in my life was when a US senator phoned me at Christmas," says Quinn.

"He found out I was working with Nintendo and asked whether I could get him a Wii for his kids because it had sold out everywhere."

^I lol'ed hard when I read that!
I still can't believe Microsoft and Sony gave Nintendo a bone, no, a big juicy steak to survive and overtake them, literaly!!! What were they thinking?!?!?! I can see Microsoft decline the offer simply 'cause they were really in the very early stages of the Kinect...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
spurgeonryan said:
DélioPT said:
Computerandvideogames.com put up a very interesting and revelaing feature on how Wii came to be. It`s really something!

Headline: "Nintendo insiders speak: How Microsoft and Sony were a handshake away from thwarting the Wii, and how its motion controller was born on an airplane"

Link to article: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/378029/features/revolution-the-story-of-wii/

Please, do take a look!

Just think of all the could have beens in gaming. Nintendo made the right choice this time! Just think if they made the right choice with sony years back!

That`s really one of the big "what if" moments. The PS brand could even not exist today!
The part about the Sony being given the presentation was just wow!  Unbelievable how Sony reacted! At least MS had someone who was really interested - even if that person didn`t call the shots.

TripleMMM said:
"One of the weirdest days in my life was when a US senator phoned me at Christmas," says Quinn.

"He found out I was working with Nintendo and asked whether I could get him a Wii for his kids because it had sold out everywhere."

^I lol'ed hard when I read that!
I still can't believe Microsoft and Sony gave Nintendo a bone, no, a big juicy steak to survive and overtake them, literaly!!! What were they thinking?!?!?! I can see Microsoft decline the offer simply 'cause they were really in the very early stages of the Kinect...

Big companies usually create their own competition because they try to keep the status quo the same to keep costs down. For example MCI which became the main compeition for ATT in the 80's and 90's was born in ATT's own labs. A set of their developers came up with a way to transmitt voice and data over sattilite cheaply and effective. ATT buried their project because it would cost a lot of money to implement and change over their systems. So they left with their discovery and found investors to start MCI the first real threat to ATT since the government ordered breakup of their monopoly.

And Nintendo always seems to be the most likely to jump on the technology that could shake up game development.

spurgeonryan said:

Almost makes me think that it will be a failure if they do keep it in stock?

Nintendo to focus on keeping Wii U in stock

Written by David Stellmack

More consoles for sale than first thought

Sources tell us that Nintendo is exceeding production targets for the Wii U, and there will apparently be more consoles available at launch than Nintendo had projected. In addition, the company is apparently prepared to replenish supplies of the console more quickly in order to take advantage of buyers eager to snap up the new console.

While we know that inventories of the console are still going to be tight, Nintendo is going to do what it can to move consoles this holiday season. To that end, it is believed that Nintendo does not want a repeat of the shortages that consumers saw with the Wii. The company is said to already be figuring out the second distribution of consoles once the first wave is completely sold out.

While we don’t know what kind of numbers this translates into, we do know that it is still going to be difficult to get one; and despite the positive news that there is apparently more inventory than expected coming, it is hard to say what that will translate into for the consumer. We would not get too excited, and your best chance to get one is to still pre-order, if possible, from what our retail contacts tell us.  However, we would not count on having it to put under your tree this year.

Those are excellent news!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

From gamesindustry.biz: "Certainly we've seen brisk pre-sales and that the phone calls have been coming into our headquarters for quite a while now asking for more and so we do expect high demand. But I can tell you this - on opening week we will have more systems on hand for the Wii U than we did for the launch of Wii. And, second, our replenishments will be more frequent this holiday time than during the Wii launch," Moffitt noted.

Article: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-11-14-wii-u-deluxe-set-selling-out-incredibly-quickly

If someone knows how many Wiis were available at that time, you`ll get a good idea on how many Wii Us will be available during the first week.