By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo News Thread: "Born a Nintendo Fan, die a Nintendo fan!

Tagged games:

What would you give for Nintendo to be #1 again this gen?

500 dollars 1,316 72.35%

Kidney 2 0.11%

Soul 9 0.49%

virginity 16 0.88%

Your favorite puppy 6 0.33%

Your 1,000 dollar copy of Xenoblades 8 0.44%

An hour of your time 26 1.43%

Other ( post below) 6 0.33%

....Left testicle.... 13 0.71%

Pezus's freedom 22 1.21%

Total:1,424

I guess someone has to step in when Spurge isn't around and post some Nintendo news!!

Ubisoft: Wii U is the most Innovative System on Earth

Or any other planet, for that matter

Ubisoft's Jean-Phillipe Caro has lavished praise on Nintendo's new Wii U console, giving it the lion's share of the credit when it comes to explaining ZombiU's positive pre-release reception.

Speaking to ONM, Caro said:

I think we are making something fresh with the most innovative console. The Wii U is the most innovate system for the moment on Earth. We didn't have to make a big innovation on our side - it was all here on the system so that was easier for us.

It's always nice to hear developers talking in such glowing terms about new hardware. Do these positive comments make you even more excited for the release of Wii U? Let us know in the comments section.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/09/ubisoft_wii_u_is_the_most_innovative_system_on_earth

Unsure about Wii U's Online Capabilities? Don' worry, so are some Developers

Tekken Tag 2 producer admits he doesn't fully understand the online side of Wii U

Nintendo has devulged quite a bit of information on its forthcoming Wii U console lately, but the company is still holding some cards close to its chest. The true extent of its online functionality is one of the things that remains a little fuzzy.

Don't feel upset, though - it's not just gamers that are being left in the dark here, but also developers. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 boss Katsuhiro Harada has admitted that he's equally clueless at this stage.

He was asked in a recent interview how the Wii U's online service compares to that of its rivals, and said:

Not quite sure at this point. I don't fully understand it. We’re still working with Nintendo to find out about their network.

Given the rapidly approaching launch of the system, that's a little worrying to say the least. Hopefully Nintendo will have everything sorted out by the time November comes around...and hopefully the company will also let Harada know what's going on, too.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/09/unsure_about_wii_us_online_capabilities_dont_worry_so_are_some_developers

Gears of War Creator Loves Nintendo, will be watching Wii U closely

Feels Nintendo have "lost a little of their core" but are dealing with it

The man behind the muscle-bound Gears of War series has stated that he'll be keeping a close eye on the Wii U.

Cliff Bleszinski - Design Director at Epic Games - was responding to open questions on Reddit and had this to say about Nintendo's new console:

Being raised on All Things Nintendo I will always I love all things Nintendo. I'll be watching the Wii U closely. I think Nintendo may have initially lost a little of their core with the Wii for a bit, honestly, and they seem to have realized this. I believe they also recognize that we live in a "multi-screen" culture hence the controller design. I played ZombiU at PAX and it was promising (even though the controls could use a little loving!) so we'll have to wait and see.

It's not the first time Cliff has expressed his love for Nintendo and it certainly won't be the last. It's also not the first time he's made public his positive opinion on the Wii U.

But will he finally put his money where his mouth is and make a game for a Nintendo platform this generation?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/09/gears_of_war_creator_loves_nintendo_will_be_watching_wii_u_closely

Firebrand Games: "Nintendo needs to Charm the Mass Market" with the Wii U

"People still need Nintendo"

Now that the Wii U hype train is getting closer to its final destination, there'll be much analysis and opinion on what Nintendo needs to do to make it a success. There'll be plenty of talk about its technical capabilities as well, of course, but for developers and Nintendo itself it's really all about how many Wii U units sell, and whether it can prove to be a worthy successor to the hugely successful Wii.

Although early sales don't give the full picture — early 3DS sell-outs were followed by struggling sales until there was a price-drop — it seems as if Wii U is off to a decent start, with pre-orders selling out in the U.S. There's little doubt that early enthusiasm from Nintendo fans will only work for so long, however, and Scottish developer Firebrand Games, working on an un-named multi-platform title that'll arrive on Wii U, has weighed in on the marketing challenges facing Nintendo. Here's what the developer's creative director Peter Shea told guardian.co.uk.

I think there are two main challenges. The first is getting the message across that this is more than "just" a Wii with better graphics and HD output. I think there is a danger here of the message getting confused, especially to the casual market. Nintendo needs to charm the mass market in the same way it charmed people so successfully with the Wii. You could almost argue that the unprecedented success of the Wii makes it almost impossible for Nintendo to compete with its successor. I do believe that with the right titles, the right price and Nintendo's excellent marketing they can do this but I expect it to be the focus of next year – Christmas 2013 – rather than at launch or in the coming months.

The second big challenge is selling the machine to gamers who already own one or more HD consoles, and handheld devices and smartphones capable of gaming. I don't entirely subscribe to the view that Apple and Android are Nintendo's biggest rivals from here as I think the different devices will always offer different experiences and there is still high demand for both those experiences at differing price points, be it £40 or 69p, even in a recession. The traditional markets we have grown up with are definitely in a state of flux but to me that doesn't mean there isn't scope for at least one more generation of traditional gaming device under the telly.

While the games market is evolving and posing new challenges, Shea believes, like others no doubt, that Nintendo's first-party strengths will be vital for the new system's success.

Nintendo is still among the best game developers in the world, and you can only play Nintendo games on Nintendo consoles – as much as the market changes these facts remain. People still need Nintendo, its popularity has not waned despite the growth of new devices, platforms and franchises – it's bigger than ever.

It's this fact alone that makes me optimistic for the Wii U despite the difficult times and the ever changing market. The majority of the game development community wrote off the DS before launch and almost everyone wrote off the Wii on first look too – both went on to be extraordinarily successful. The lesson is clear: never underestimate Nintendo!

So, what do you think? Is it a big challenge for Nintendo to convince consumers that this is more than Wii HD, and will the Nintendo brand be enough to convince millions of gamers to take the plunge? Let us know in the comments below.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/09/firebrand_games_nintendo_needs_to_charm_the_mass_market_with_wii_u

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

All three of those could be threads Danne! Gears of War Creator watching Wii U! Sweet!!!

@ Seth

Yeah...I did not really think about it at the time, was just trying to get the news out before I went to do whatever it is I do when I am not here. I will have to pay more attention next time I guess.

Just giving you a hard time while you were gone.  I'm just glad you are back because without you this site would be a little slow.

BasilZero said:
Salnax said:
This latest issue of Famitsu magazine in Japan has revealed that Level 5′s RPG, Fantasy Life is coming to Japan on the 27th of December.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/18/fantasy-life-hits-nintendo-3ds-on-december-27th-in-japan/

For some odd reason I confused the title with Harvest Moon lol.

Level 5 needs to release more of its games in the west though T_T

What game from them you want Basil?

One of my favorites too.

BasilZero said:

Ni No Kuni (The DS version never came out in the west, waiting for the PS3 version)
Time Travelers (despite the fact its sales were lower than expected)

^ Mostly want though I would love to get into the Inazuma Eleven series

The last gen (portable gen) game they made that I loved so much was Jeanne D' Arc, would love to see a follow up to that but doubt that'll be possible, would be nice to see a enhanced remake/port of the game though.

I havent gotten into the Layton series yet but planning to soon on the side while I'm rendering my videos for my other games.

Yeah, to me Ninokuni is their major absense. Sad it didnt make it. But in the future we'll see it fan translated or even 3DS'd

I highly recommend Inazuma Eleven... by the time you finish the two released games (and the wii games too, if you want) it'll already be time for the 3DS versions to arrive (they're coming - problem is, for europe only, probably). I'm hoping for the 3DS remakes to make the jump west too.

Guild 01 is coming, but time travelers... yeah, that one is hard...

BasilZero said:

Oh Guild01 is coming? That is great news! I heard from one of my sources long ago it wasnt ;p, glad to hear its coming!

Not announced yet. But they trademarked the games in some markets.

I guess it'll be separate releases on the e-shop. I'm mostly interested interested in that RPG game, so to me that's good.

Around the Network

E-Book service coming to 3DS in Japan

A new E-book service is coming to the 3DS. “Bookstore Everywhere” will be available in Japan starting in late October.

For the time being, there will only be manga offerings for 400 – 500 yen. However, plans are in place to introduce light novels as well as magazines sometime in the future. A mix of free and paid content will be released on the service.

http://nintendoeverything.com/index.php/99888/e-book-service-heading-to-the-3ds/

Just like the Vita, 3DS is receiving e-book services (neither which are confirmed for localization yet). Which one can come out on top?!

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

By the way, guys. I've seen lots of 3DS retail games recieve TBD prices on the eShop. Angry Birds Trilogy, Professor Layton, etc. Does this mean many third-party games are coming to the eShop?

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
By the way, guys. I've seen lots of 3DS retail games recieve TBD prices on the eShop. Angry Birds Trilogy, Professor Layton, etc. Does this mean many third-party games are coming to the eShop?

Layton, has been confirmed for E-Shop release, last time I saw information about it.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Google Nexus 7 is da shizzy for playing N64 games. I wish I had a link to help me with this goodness.

Went to a Walmart near me because I heard most places were out of pre orders and that Walmart might get more systems than other places. That is probably the last time I ever go to Walmart for anything video game related. I asked the lady if there was any pre orders left for the Wii U. She just stared at me not knowing what the fuck I just said. I was like the new Nintendo system that is coming out on Nov. 18th are you guys taking pre orders? She then replied no. I was like are you sure? Can you ask a manager? She goes to back and then comes back and says no again. I was like alright.... I then went to Gamestop and they were out of pre orders but told me I could sign up for the waiting list which they will hold a console for 2 days once they get another shipment. I am the first person on the waiting list so I should be able to get the system by late Nov.  That Gamestop said they were getting about 30 something Wii U for their initial shipment for pre orders.