By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Nintendo News Thread: "Born a Nintendo Fan, die a Nintendo fan!

Tagged games:

What would you give for Nintendo to be #1 again this gen?

500 dollars 1,316 72.35%

Kidney 2 0.11%

Soul 9 0.49%

virginity 16 0.88%

Your favorite puppy 6 0.33%

Your 1,000 dollar copy of Xenoblades 8 0.44%

An hour of your time 26 1.43%

Other ( post below) 6 0.33%

....Left testicle.... 13 0.71%

Pezus's freedom 22 1.21%

Total:1,424
spurgeonryan said:
kopstudent89 said:
I'm tempted by the 3DS XL, but 80 quid+my 3DS is a tad too much. Plus I think it's a bit too bulky.

What type of DS did you own? Was it Dslite or DSXL?

I actually didn't get one till late 2010 (Black DS Lite). To be honest I was quite comfortable with it. I'm just tempted by what reviewers say of "improved 3D", and I don't really like my "Aqua Blue" color that much. At the same time the XL though it looks bulky and plasticy, and will cost me an extra 80 quid

Around the Network

I just gotta keep this tagged... it's really a dry spell regarding news and rumors!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Here's that rumored Launch Title List announced by Nintendo:

2KGames

NBA 2K13 - Holiday

D3Publisher

Ben 10 Omniverse - Holiday

Family Party: 30 Great Games - Holiday

Rise of the Guardians: The Video Game - Holiday

Electronic Arts

Mass Effect 3 - Holiday

Maximum Games

Jett Tailfin

Namco Bandai Games

Tank! Tank! Tank! - Holiday

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Holiday

Nintendo - Holiday

LEGO City Undercover - Holiday

New Super Mario Bros U - Holiday

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge - Holiday

Nintendo Land - Holiday

SiNG  - Holiday

Wii U Panorama View - Holiday

Game & Wario - Launch Window

Pikmin 3 - Launch Window

Project P-100 - Launch Window

Wii Fit U - Launch Window

Sega

Aliens: Colonial Marines - TBA

THQ

Darksiders 2 - Holiday

Ubisoft

Assassin's Creed 3 - Holiday

Just Dance 4 - Holiday

Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth - Holiday

Rabbids Land - Holiday

Sports Connection - Holiday

Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 - Holiday

ZombiU - Holiday

Rayman Legends - TBA

Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment

Scribblenauts Unlimited - Holiday

Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition - Holiday

So, nothing new then... But I can't find Fifa anywhere - so this is probably bogus.

Here is a personal message from Iwata that he gave at Nintendo's annual report

2K's president thinks Ccarnival Games was one of the best games on the Wii

Christoph Hartmann, the head of 2K Games, admits that he and his team did not develop many games for Wii. Hartmann claims that 2K Games is very careful and selective with which games it brings to a certain platform – Wii U included. 2K Games’ Carnival Games for Wii was, according to Hartmann, probably one of the best titles for the six-year-old console.

So would you say that 2K is taking a more cautious approach to the new console? It seems to be the opposite of Ubisoft, who are very gung-ho about the Wii U launch. How does it fit for 2K?

“It is not different from what we have always done. We are very careful and very selective here. When you look at the Wii, we didn’t do many titles, but we put out Carnival Games, which did very well. It was probably one of the best titles. While you can’t plan for it all the time, we don’t throw 10 things against the wall and assume that two stick. I throw two at the wall and hope two stick, perhaps one. We have a very different approach, which has a lot to do with the size of the organization and the mindset of the organization. We always focus on one thing, and we are a very different organization than a lot of the other publishers out there.”

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/08/03/2k-games-president-says-carnival-games-was-probably-one-of-the-best-titles-for-wii/

Around the Network

God... Damn... that actually makes sense...

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Hmm... I swear, I've seen this game before, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

This game is called BlockShift, which just released today, and it's on Android. I think I know this game, but I can't remember the title.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.aptinteractive.blockshift

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

spurgeonryan said:

Oh goodness! do not give us more XL bad news peoples...

3DS screen scratching issue still persists on 3DS XL?

There are reports from a few people coming in that say the 3DS screen scratching issue is still a problem on the 3DS XL. As you can see in the image above, it certainly does look like there's the beginnings of scratches. I don't have any on my system yet, but now I'm worried! Thanks to VGamer for the heads up!

Oh god no! Don't say that! That's one of the reasons why I didn't get the original 3DS!!

DanneSandin said:
spurgeonryan said:

There are reports from a few people coming in that say the 3DS screen scratching issue is still a problem on the 3DS XL. As you can see in the image above, it certainly does look like there's the beginnings of scratches. I don't have any on my system yet, but now I'm worried! Thanks to VGamer for the heads up!

Oh god no! Don't say that! That's one of the reasons why I didn't get the original 3DS!!

You can just go buy it.

95% of the people getting these 'scratches', just don't know how to handle their stuff. These are the people that Slam (with the capital S) their DS' shut and are the people that find it strange when their PS3 dies when it's Clogged with dust.

S.Peelman said:
DanneSandin said:
spurgeonryan said:

You can just go buy it.

95% of the people getting these 'scratches', just don't know how to handle their stuff. These are the people that Slam (with the capital S) their DS' shut and are the people that find it strange when their PS3 dies when it's Clogged with dust.

I fear I'm might be one of those peeps =( I DON'T know how to handle a 3DS (or my Wii for that matter). I don't in any way abuse my stuff, but I don't clean out the dust or anything like that either... Only thing I vacuum clean from time to time is my computer.