By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which 7th Gen console did you purchase first? (and why?)

Which did you buy first?

Xbox 360 30 24.39%

Playstation 3 46 37.40%

Wii 47 38.21%

Total:123

X360 due to the simple fact it was released a year ahead of the competition. First year of XBox 360 was lack lustre in regards to exclusives and games that interested me.

I purchased a PS3 3 years after my X360.

I am undecided whether I will purchase NextXBox or PS3 or both.

Around the Network

PS3 on late February, 2008. And once you go black, you never go back.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Technically I got a launch Wii for my son. I loved the motion controls, especially in games like Godfather, so when he decided to sell it and get a 360 three years later, I now had my own collection of games on Wii, so I bought it off him. Before that I had never played any of his console games (N64, GC, PS2) except with him in multiplayer, I was stickly a PC gamer.

Zappykins said:
brendude13 said:

If it helps, the main incentive for me to buy a Wii again would be for the Gamecube games.

Everyone's a winner.

Or you could wait and buy a WiiU!

Except, never mind, no GameCube compatibility...

I was thinking that, it sucks that there is no backwards compatibility, not even emulation.

Haven't they taken it out of the newer Wii's too? I might have to get one on eBay.

2006-Xbox 360 and Nintendo DS (the 360 died about 3 times on me so i got pissed off and offloaded it)
2007-Wii (still own to this day and is played on a regular basis along with cube games too)
2011-PS3 and Nintendo 3DS (love the PS3 especially blueray,however 3DS is rapidly becoming one of my favourite gaming platforms of all time.Im never off it)