By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which 7th Gen console did you purchase first? (and why?)

Which did you buy first?

Xbox 360 30 24.39%

Playstation 3 46 37.40%

Wii 47 38.21%

Total:123

X360, because it's awesome wrapped inside a shell.

Around the Network

Wii, because I'm Nintendo Fan and at that time I'm so excited and curious with wii mote and nunchuck. And then my brother bought PS3. And then I had 360 only for a few months... you know RROD make me piss off.

Wii. Twilight Princess.

PS3 in 2009
The reason was Final Fantasy Versus XIII trailer. I can't even remember how or why I ran into it on Youtube, but when I did I couldn't just let go, so I got a PS3 immediately ... after 4 years of not playing a single game or having an interest in gaming whatsoever .

However, 1 week after I got my PS3, Sony released the slim into the market. I felt so stupid and unlucky.

i bought a ps3 july 07 b/c i really enjoyed the ps1 and 2 they had the most 3rd party support and MGS being a exclusive kinda locked it form me. i also assumed that it having later tech and a bluray that it have superior 3rd party games, i dont like many exclusives from either console.

Play Me

Around the Network

The Wii in the summer of 2007 - I couldn't find it anywhere!!

*Price
*Nintendo
*Twilight Princess
*Super Smash Brothers

The Wii, on Christmas '07. It was great for a while, buy I found that in the end, my family were using it more than me, and then I saw the MGS4 trailers, so I sold it to buy a PS3. It's only recently that I have realised what a big mistake I made.

VGKing said:

*Answer in the poll and then explain the comment section below*

I like how you give instructions on how to respond.

OT: I didn't purchase my first console this gen but the first 7th gen console with which I had access to was the DS. Had some good times with that thing. I have no idea where it is now. I lost like a year or two after I got it. I plan to pick up a new one  eventually to catch up on all the games I missed.

brendude13 said:
The Wii, on Christmas '07. It was great for a while, buy I found that in the end, my family were using it more than me, and then I saw the MGS4 trailers, so I sold it to buy a PS3. It's only recently that I have realised what a big mistake I made.

What mistake? Buying a Wii? Or not buying a PS3 sooner?

The first one I got was the Wii, the same day that Smash Bros. Brawl launched in the US. I remember the Wii was still difficult to get a hold of at that time, so I ended up waiting like an hour or two outside of the Best Buy that morning. While I did get a lot of use out of the Wii with Brawl and Mario Galaxy, I barely ever play it now and spend most of my time on the PS3.