By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which 7th Gen console did you purchase first? (and why?)

Which did you buy first?

Xbox 360 30 24.39%

Playstation 3 46 37.40%

Wii 47 38.21%

Total:123

The Wii around when it launched because it was cheap and basically all my friends at the time were talking about it, causing me to get hyped up. But it was pretty bad back then when the Wii was out of stock like at literally every retailer. Luckily I spotted some at Costco after weeks of looking elsewhere. It came bundled with Twilight Princess too ^^ Then like 3 years later I got a PS3.

Around the Network

Wii, because I was expecting a constant stream of first party titles and some interesting third party titles like on the N64 and GC. Got a PS3 a few months later. Wii and PS3 didn't really hit their stride until 2008.

PS3.

But I didn't bought it I won it in Gametrailers when they use to give gametrailers dollars.

I choose it because I wanted to play MGS4.

After playing hours upon hours of Halo 3 with my best friend I broke down and bought myself a Xbox 360 and the game in the middle of 2008.

Wii, because:

It had Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 (two must have games for me), and...

PS3 was way too expensive at that point. No must have software. I waited for the Slim launch and got it with MGS4.

X360 was in the middle of the RROD fiasco. Seriously, some of my friends lost their consoles and it was like a nightmare situation. I bought an Xbox arcade later though.

I think I played the gen well.

Around the Network

i brought a 360 first. after waiting months for the PS3 to release in November sony announced that Europe wouldn't get it till march 2007... i was annoyed. so that day went out and brought a 360. i got Tomb raider with it and then Gears of war. After playing gears in 1 day it sat under my TV for 9 months without me touching it and i sold it and brought a PS3.

thats my story

Xbox 360 for Halo 3. Got it in '06 though for Halo 2 LAN's.

Later got my Wii in '07 for Twilight Princess.

Xbox 360 as it was the only 7th gen console out and ps3 wasn't out yet.. Got ps3 one release day and payed £450 :S bought a wii a few months after

I got a Wii because nintendo consoles have always been the ''must have'' consoles for me due to their franchises. My first game was Zelda: Twilight Princess, I remember that I bought the game BEFORE I bought the console because everytime I went to the store they were sold out on wiis. So I had that twilight princess box/disc sitting on a table for months before I could even play it... the agony!

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

I bought a Wii in 09 after playing it at the friends house. I thought it was fun, and good that it included some movement in some of the games.

Then, 3 days later was the 'project natal' demo and I was like FFUUUUUUU.

But I was happy with my Wii played through, SMBB and Zelda TP. Got more games, bought even more games. Showed it to friend, they bought Wii's.

Then I got an HD TV and it didn't cut it anymore. I was sad - I need a HD system - I was more attracted to the Xbox because: my friends weren't too excited about their PS3's, had played Xbox's with my nephews and it was fun, the 'S' came out so I wouldn't worry about RROD, and liked the community outreach of the companies Microsoft over Sony.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!