By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which 7th Gen console did you purchase first? (and why?)

Which did you buy first?

Xbox 360 30 24.39%

Playstation 3 46 37.40%

Wii 47 38.21%

Total:123

*Answer in the poll and then explain the comment section below*

Which console did you purchase first this gen? Why? 
I'll go first....

The first console I bought this gen was the Xbox 360. I don't know the exact date I bought it but I do know it was near the PS3 launch since I remember seeing  a small shelf with PS3 titles. Why? It was much more affordable than the PS3 and it was HD so that ruled out the Wii. I already had a PS2 and a Gamecube so it made sense to get something completely different.

Around the Network

Mine was the 360. I got mine at launch (got a really nice Christmas card from my grandma :D) Its still running to this day *gasp*! Got it hoping I could play Ninja Gaiden because supposedly it was backward compatible with it. It was... but the lag made it impossible to play at the time. Got the Halo pack, PD:Zero, and Kameo. Really enjoyed Kameo. Eventually, I got Oblivion and then I packed on 200+ hours.

Got the ps3 in early '08 and got Devil May Cry 4 and GTA 4 with it, still have the same ps3 to this day.

I got the Wii a week after it came out. I was lucky, I know. xD I got it because when I was younger I didn't really care about the other consoles. I didn't even know what the PS3 was until 5 months after it's release...
The X360 didn't interest me at all at the time. I had my XBox and PS2 and I was good. I got the Wii because it was also backwards compatible with the NGC. I paid it all with my own money. ^.^ I was only around 7 at the time.

Even though I got my Wii first, it was a birthday present, so I suppose my first 7th gen purchase was a 360. I got it for obscure / niche shit like Beautiful Katamari and Wartech: Senko no Ronde.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Around the Network

I got the PS3 shortly after launch due to a combination of an EB Games promotion and Metal Gear Solid 4. Despite MGS4 being somewhat disappointing and my PS3 now being broken the price was right and I sure played the Hell out of it.

PS3 MGS4 Bundle. Don't regret it since it's still by far my favorite 7th gen console, but I did like my PS2 better.

I got the Wii a month after black Friday launch when those things were selling like crack. My sister wasted her dignity to flirt with one of the employees there to put us on the waiting list. She surprised me when she drove to pick me up from school and in my seat was the console and a copy of Twilight Princess. It is one of the only times in my life I have ever willingly kissed my sister. She has a boyfriend who should have proposed six months ago so I doubt a similar event like this will ever happen again.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

PS3 because PS2

The Wii (I actually got it on launch day), because first, I always buy Nintendo consoles day 1 since the N64, and second, I wanted Twilight Princess.

I was VERY close to buying a 360 the second I played the Bioshock demo at my friend's house, I just couldn't afford it at that moment. And since I was leaning toward the PS3, mostly for the blu-ray player (and MGS4), and heard shortly after that Bioshock was headed there anyway, I waited and bought the PS3 right after Xmas '08.