By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Overrated Series?**UPDATE**

I can't play Killzone 2 for more than 30 minutes, boring, generic...
I don't play the 1 and 3, so I can't say the series is overrated.

Fanatismo não leva a nada, apenas a colecionar antipatias.

Collection: Telejogo Ford-Philco, Dactar, TV Game 2600, Master System (2x), Master System Portable, NES, Dynavision 3, Mega Drive 3 (2x - Tectoy and Show Do Milhao Edition), Genesis 3, Genesis Arcade Motion, MD Play, SNES (2x), Super Famicom, Neo Geo CD, 3DO, Saturn, Playstation, Nintendo 64 (2x), Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Game Cube, Xbox, Zeebo, Playstation 3, Xbox 360 (Kinect Bundle), Wii (2x - White and Red), Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, DS Lite, 3DS, Vita, Wii U, Playstation 4 and Xbox One. Around 800 games. Preferred Generation: 16 bits. 

Around the Network

Crash Bandicoot. (right back to the original trilogy)

Terrible mascot, shoddy gameplay, utterly boring character all round,. (who only sold millions due to been on a corporate 100+ million selling console)

Advertising (if you have money to burn like some) really is power huh.

Pokemonbrawlvg said:
I knew one day someone would create this, I think one was created long ago, but oh well... you should probably do underrated as well.

If I have to say what is overrated is definetly Call of Duty, Uncharted, and the Gears of Wars series. I've played the latest installments in each series(played Uncharted 3 and Golden Abyss).

I Have to agree with you on Call of duty and Uncharted.

Il will add Assasins Creed to.

I'm thinking:
CoD
Battlefield
WoW (if you can call that a series)
Elder Scrolls (did Skyrim really deserve all that praise when it was buggy as Hell?!)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Boom Blox - If one single person in the world said that either game in that series was a good game, then it would be overrated.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:

- MGS: pain in the ass videos, installation times between chapters (What the hell were they thinking?!)

- God of War: Buttonsmashing till the end. You might beat the game, but you will lose a controller afterwards. Meh story, nothing exciting to me.

- Bioshock: It is just a slow shooter to me.

I have said this many times before and I will say it again, good luck mashing your way through God of War on the highest difficulty.

Uncharted, Halo, Assasin's Creed.

@Thread- Alright...

@OP- Probably Call Of Duty. It really does not deserve to be THE centrepiece of the gaming world for many people. It's not the worst, but the most overrated.

Other contenders:

Uncharted
Forza
Metroid
Non-platformer Mario (bar Mario Kart).
Final Fantasy (for the most part)

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Gears of War and Killzone. Both are generic and tidious.

Most 1st party console games and PC exclusives, mainly because the fanboys on all sides tend to completely over-hype and overrate them.

If I had to name specifics, I would say:

Halo
Mass Effect
Bioshock
Gears of War
Resistance
Elder Scrolls
God of War
Infamous
Zelda

Some of them I can't really comment too much on because I haven't played enough of them.

EDIT: Oh, and the recent Batman games. *raises flame shield*